Blackberry Tour

Tethering via WiFi is pointless because of battery life.

I prefer to tethering via USB or bluetooth.

I think I influence everyone too much about Bluetooth tethering. :giggle:

Catty

I tried the Tour at the VZW store last week. Nice, but if RIM could combine the best of both Storm and Tour, I'd be the first in line for that one again like I did with the Storm. Its just that I like having a BB, but with a physical keyboard in LANDSCAPE mode (sideways) as I dont feel so comfy tapping my Storm in portrait mode. I always use my Storm on landscape mode either doing txts or on the internet.

The physical keyboard of the Tour would be welcome as long as its in landscape mode cuz the Storm's touchscreen gets nuts when its humid outside.

what s about extra tethering fee?

I already mention it, tethering plan is $15 per monthly for combined of voice and data and $30 per monthly for data only.

If unlimited data and text is $55 then tethering plan will be $30, total is $85.

I tried the Tour at the VZW store last week. Nice, but if RIM could combine the best of both Storm and Tour, I'd be the first in line for that one again like I did with the Storm. Its just that I like having a BB, but with a physical keyboard in LANDSCAPE mode (sideways) as I dont feel so comfy tapping my Storm in portrait mode. I always use my Storm on landscape mode either doing txts or on the internet.

The physical keyboard of the Tour would be welcome as long as its in landscape mode cuz the Storm's touchscreen gets nuts when its humid outside.

I'm really doubt that RIM will make one like way.

I already mention it, tethering plan is $15 per monthly for combined of voice and data and $30 per monthly for data only.

If unlimited data and text is $55 then tethering plan will be $30, total is $85.

too costly. Sprint Relay data plan w/PAM is $30/mo. Cheaper price than Verizon and AT&T.

too costly. Sprint Relay data plan w/PAM is $30/mo. Cheaper price than Verizon and AT&T.

Sprint isn't for everyone, I picked Verizon over Sprint because of more 3G coverage.

Very obviously, I don't care about WiFi in mobile phone, what's wrong with your notebook?

Some network is not enough to get airwave. Use WiFI from my wireless router. WiFi range is stronger than 3G or EDGE network.

I'm considering upgrading from my trusty Sprint 8703e. I am wary of the language they use to explain the upgrade price. They say $150 off of the MSRP. Does that mean I am not eligible for the rebate too? Is it going to cost me $50 or $150?

Just let you know that tetherberry work so great and I got 1 mbps on download when tethering the BB via USB.

I cannot test on Mac until tetherberry release final app because I don't want subscribe to Verizon tethering plan.

Nice. It's faster than Sprint and BB 8330.

Finally, I have time to test for you. Here a picture. I use PAM thru bluetooth to my macbook.

ip4ocg.png

Back