Black pastors bash NAACP for endorsing gay marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do see him as attacking on gay churches and any churches don't talk about marriage. He called them as not bible believing....
No one is required to attend church or believe what the Bible says.

However, if a church pastor says that he and his congregation support same-sex marriage, then they are not believing or teaching or preaching what the Bible says about marriage.

That's what it means to say that they are not a Bible-believing church.

You have full equality in marriage. You have the same rights as everybody else- you can marry a member of the opposite gender who is free to marry you. You don't want equality, you want special rights and you want to force others to accept those special rights.

You want to use the full force and power of government to redefine a foundational human institution in a way that it has never, ever been defined in the history of the world. That is, again, everybody's business.

You go, girl!

No one is required to attend church or believe what the Bible says.

However, if a church pastor says that he and his congregation support same-sex marriage, then they are not believing or teaching or preaching what the Bible says about marriage.

That's what it means to say that they are not a Bible-believing church.

There are churches that are neutral about GLBT, it means they don't support or against them, especially some local churches in my area.

I attended gay church when I was teenager in LA and there were someone who know ASL to interpret about what pastor saying and beautiful songs. It is wonderful and fun church that I had experience, even they are talking about bible.

I am so thrilled that my cousin got married here in NY.

That's awesome.

I'm bisexual so haven't find anyone that I like, hopefully, I will after finish the college.

If I find guy so I will have marriage in any states that where same sex marriage is legal.

That's awesome.

I'm bisexual so haven't find anyone that I like, hopefully, I will after finish the college.

If I find guy so I will have marriage in any states that where same sex marriage is legal.

He's in 40's and he s with him for about 4 years. He took his last name. AWWW. so i am sure that you would find someone who you feel comfortable, and share the common tastes. Take your time, but importantly, going out to do something that will lead you to meet soemone else who is special.

He's in 40's and he s with him for about 4 years. He took his last name. AWWW. so i am sure that you would find someone who you feel comfortable, and share the common tastes. Take your time, but importantly, going out to do something that will lead you to meet soemone else who is special.

Yup, I just give more time and not in hurry.

After finish with college, I will move out of Alabama so it is very likely to move back to California.

I do see him as attacking on gay churches and any churches don't talk about marriage. He called them as not bible believing.
http://www.alldeaf.com/2063318-post26.html

No, that's not factual statement.

If you want to defend him so it will be easy for us to see you as unfriendly to GLBT rights or anti-GLBT rights, dispute that you claimed to be indifferent.

What Steinhauer said was factual.....perhaps you need to read it more carefully.

It has nothing to do with defending anyone.

What Steinhauer said was factual.....perhaps you need to read it more carefully.

It has nothing to do with defending anyone.

Sorry, I don't see factual.

NAACP is not a religious organization and thus should not back beliefs that are based only on religion and even then many Theists disagree on the issue itself. There is no non religious justification for prohibiting same sex marriages

FYI the Bible only mentions Gay Men, it says nothing about Lesbians or apparently about Little boys either

Last edited:
Then you don't understand what is being said. That's cool, no biggie.

It is pretty pointless to have religious debate because you and I don't agree at same time, even both of you and I have different belief.

I'm inactive Christian and haven't involved with religion for years because don't want deal with widespread of hates.

NAACP is not a religious organization and thus should not back beliefs that are based only on religion and even then many Theists disagree on the issue itself. There is no non religious justification for prohibiting same sex marriages

FYI the Bible only mentions Gay Males, it says nothing about Lesbians or apparently about Little boys either

In bold, yup, I agree with you.

You are correct, it is in Leviticus that claim about male.

It is pretty pointless to have religious debate because you and I don't agree at same time, even both of you and I have different belief.

I'm inactive Christian and haven't involved with religion for years because don't want deal with widespread of hates.

Not having a religious debate. If the Dallas Cowboys decided to line up 13 players every play they would not be following the NFL rule book..... They might be following the other rules but they are disregarding part of the rule book. Factual statement

There has never been a successful culture anywhere at any time that redefined marriage to mean something other than between opposite genders of human beings. Making such a sweeping redefinition of a basic human institution- and doing it by resorting to the full force of government- is everybody's business. It's my government, too, and government should not be in the business of redefining marriage.

Very well said!

Those are some nice numbers to get an idea. There will probably never be an official source to get realistic numbers, but it's better than nothing.
It looks pretty safe to preliminary assume the majority of religion opposes gay marriages.

support-for-same-sex-marriage-by-political-subgroup.png

american-opinion-on-gay-marriage.gif

gay-marriage-acceptance.jpg

acceptance-of-homosexuality-pew.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back