Black pastors bash NAACP for endorsing gay marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we were to follow Reba's views on this subject on both straight and gay sex, I think most peole would find it more than a bit frustrating..

life is suffering......suffering is caused by desire.....the only way to eliminate suffering is eliminate desire.....

And that's. It even from my religion. :)

I don't know about other people but I've never said that "certain sexual acts are a worse sin than murder."

This thread started out about same-sex marriage, and then moved into interracial marriage and shrimp eating, then Galileo, and now you're including murder. :hmm:

Time to refocus.

Your words give a rather a rather negative impression of how you feel about about certain subjects even though you have not said such things explicitly.

We are talking about the sacredness of marriage and the marriage rights as it extends to homosexuals, no? So we have not left the subject. I would imagine that that homosexual marriages would not be much different from that of those who are straights. I would certainly consider the murder of a husband so the wife can marry his killer to be a vile act. It's certainly a mockery of the marriage act on the widow's part.

n any case, it is said that people who most vehemently condemn homosexuality are closet homosexuals themselves.

Yay! More flying pigs are migrating back to troll and flame!

Well at least you admit it..... most won't. :thumb:

Such a petty argument won't garner much sympathy.

I have a solution for this straight gay thing. :D Let's do away the with the marriage act for both straights and gays. Civil unions only for all. Straights won't complain over such a petty act, no? :D

I have a solution for this straight gay thing. :D Let's do away the with the marriage act for both straights and gays. Civil unions only for all. Straights won't complain over such a petty act, no? :D

That's exactly what I have been saying.

And the new "trend" today among teenagers/middle-schoolers today, is that now girls pressure the boys for Sex.....not visa-versa....It's happened to both of my teenage boys. They both at ages 15 and 17 are still virgins, and soon to be 16 and 18....So what do they call girls like this? ...."Sluts"....

Damn.....why wasn't it a trend when I was a teenager? :(

"From every mountainside, let freedom ring. And when this happens, when we let freedom ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old negro spiritual, "Free at last! Free at last! Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!"" ~ MLK

Someone is quibbling with you all day.

I feel bad for you but when I see your name on it. :Ohno:

"From every mountainside, let freedom ring. And when this happens, when we let freedom ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old negro spiritual, "Free at last! Free at last! Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!"" ~ MLK

Cool Quote Bro.....post it again.

Yes, slavery, segregation etc were supported by the CONSERVATIVE churches! It was a MAINLINE thinking. It wasn't just a few churches...which is proof that thinking on things like that EVOLVES...........Just like thinking and acceptance on gay marriage will evolve!!!!

MLK was a bible thumping conservative Baptist. For the first two decades that Georgia was a State, slavery was outlawed because of the conservative Christians view that God intended all men to be free.

If the SPLC is going to attack Christians for their views on family and call it vicious lies about homosexuals, yet do nothing about the vicious lies they promulgate towards Christians .... They should not be seriously considered as an anti hate group.

So how does a gay person win this game?
It's not a game to play.

If they have sex with each other outside of marriage they have committed a sin (Is it a mortal sin?) but they can't marry because that is not approved of.
You'll have to ask someone else about mortal and venial sins. That's not part of my beliefs.

God says that marriage is one man and one woman until death. He also says that sexual acts are shared between the husband and wife only.

That means, not just unmarried homosexual people should refrain from sexual relations with each other but unmarried heterosexual people should refrain also. It also means that married couples shouldn't be having sexual relations with other people outside their marriage. That would be adultery.

Seems gay people are in a no win situation here.

How is that to be remedied?
It's not a competition with winners and losers.

By choosing abstinence. Of course most aren't going to want to do that.... And that is their choice. But abstinence is the only remedy for the scenario you presented.
That goes for heterosexual people, too.

If we were to follow Reba's views on this subject on both straight and gay sex, I think most peole would find it more than a bit frustrating..
I'm not saying that abstinence is easy. Nothing valuable is easy.

If something happened to TCS and I became a widow, I'd have to practice abstinence. If one of us came down with a serious disease, we might have to practice abstinence. When he was away in the Navy for long periods of time, we both had to practice abstinence. It's not "fun" but it can be done.

Cool Quote Bro.....post it again.

I thought it quite appropriate to the thread. And to your "The sky is falling" warning. BTW, if you do any lurking "elsewhere," you would see that I am active here only, much to the chagrin of your gang of right wingers. Funny how people think I am a liberal; guess it is just because of the way I stack up to the members that remain here.

No plans to leave, so kick off those shoes and relax. :wave:

Your words give a rather a rather negative impression of how you feel about about certain subjects even though you have not said such things explicitly.

We are talking about the sacredness of marriage and the marriage rights as it extends to homosexuals, no? So we have not left the subject. I would imagine that that homosexual marriages would not be much different from that of those who are straights. I would certainly consider the murder of a husband so the wife can marry his killer to be a vile act. It's certainly a mockery of the marriage act on the widow's part.
Yes, murdering a husband so the wife can marry his killer is a vile act that certainly shows no respect for marriage. There are many vile acts that some people do that disrespect marriage.

n any case, it is said that people who most vehemently condemn homosexuality are closet homosexuals themselves.
When all else fails, throw in the closet homosexual canard. Very lame.

BTW, "it is said" by whom?

In any case, that's not a true statement.

MLK was a bible thumping conservative Baptist. For the first two decades that Georgia was a State, slavery was outlawed because of the conservative Christians view that God intended all men to be free.

If the SPLC is going to attack Christians for their views on family and call it vicious lies about homosexuals, yet do nothing about the vicious lies they promulgate towards Christians .... They should not be seriously considered as an anti hate group.

Not surprised about you misinterpretating about MLK and we read the bio about MLK, however it doesn't mention about what your post is saying.

The segregation and Jim Crow era were conservative democrat's idea, even slavery too.

The conservative democrats became conservative republicans between 1960's and 1990's so some conservative republicans share their hate about black people and other minorities.

I thought it quite appropriate to the thread. And to your "The sky is falling" warning. BTW, if you do any lurking "elsewhere," you would see that I am active here only, much to the chagrin of your gang of right wingers. Funny how people think I am a liberal; guess it is just because of the way I stack up to the members that remain here.

No plans to leave, so kick off those shoes and relax. :wave:

Glad you are sticking around. Always enjoyed our discussions. :wave:

I'm not saying that abstinence is easy. Nothing valuable is easy.

If something happened to TCS and I became a widow, I'd have to practice abstinence. If one of us came down with a serious disease, we might have to practice abstinence. When he was away in the Navy for long periods of time, we both had to practice abstinence. It's not "fun" but it can be done.

Yeah, and I don't think anybody ever died from that, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back