Bilingual Education is the Best Option

I agree. But isn't that their choice to make?

if you agree, then you shouldn't be comfortable about parents to even consider bad options and do nothing about it. we're very vocal about it.

if you agree, then you shouldn't be comfortable about parents to even consider bad options and do nothing about it. we're very vocal about it.

I believe parents have to consider a variety of variables in choosing the best educational path for their kids. I also support a parents right to raise their child the way they see fit.

I believe parents have to consider a variety of variables in choosing the best educational path for their kids. I also support a parents right to raise their child the way they see fit.

no need to make bad choice sounds lovely.

There is no right or wrong answer. That happens a lot in parenting.

no such thing as right or wrong but there is good or bad choice. This does not need to happen to a lot of deaf children.

I agree. But isn't that their choice to make?

Fine, take the risk for one's child to end up with language delays and deficits impacting their ability to develop literacy skills. Go for it!

The parents. Obviously good parents will discuss options with their children.

How do parents discuss those options with babies? U must have not looked at the picture carefully. That's from birth to 5 years old. Yea...great ages for discussion about language choices.

no such thing as right or wrong but there is good or bad choice. This does not need to happen to a lot of deaf children.

And unfortunately, the wrong decision is realized way way too late. I have seen it happen in real life way too many times to count.

Fine, take the risk for one's child to end up with language delays and deficits impacting their ability to develop literacy skills. Go for it!

It would be the parents that are taking the risk.

How do parents discuss those options with babies? U must have not looked at the picture carefully. That's from birth to 5 years old. Yea...great ages for discussion about language choices.

I did actually. My comment wasn't specifically addressing that situation. At that age level I suggest parents talk with Doctors and counselors.

But the child that pays the price ...

Maybe, maybe not. But it is not like this situation is unique. Parents make choices every single day that will impact children for the rest of their lives.

It would be the parents that are taking the risk.

Txgolfer, the trouble is that hearing parents think that it's an either or approach. Like they think if they do ASL, they can't do spoken language....or they think that Deaf Schools are some glorious utopia where everyone Signs only and speech training isn't offered.

Txgolfer, the trouble is that hearing parents think that it's an either or approach. Like they think if they do ASL, they can't do spoken language....or they think that Deaf Schools are some glorious utopia where everyone Signs only and speech training isn't offered.

No, I don't believe hearing parents think those things at all. And you would do well not to lump them all together with a general statement.

No, I don't believe hearing parents think those things at all. And you would do well not to lump them all together with a general statement.

Hahahahahahaha! OHHHHHH U really haven't met many, then.

My mom was one of them.

Last edited:
Back