Bilateral CI borg question

Late to the party as usual, but in addition to what boult said ... Borg is inherently plural. The Borg are usually referred to in the plural, but "they" are not just a race, but a single hivemind. A collective consciousness, as it were, with a few exceptions (7 of 9 being one, Hugh and the renegade Borg cube being another). So properly, we speak of the race The Borg, but we can also speak of Borg, the consciousness, as one entity (with 'individual' drones, the Borg Queen, Locutus, etc, as almost body parts).

Granted, that's talking about multiple beings assimilated into one collective, but if you're assimilated into the collective, you're a Borg. Once you're in, you're in, and the extent of your assimilation doesn't really change things.

What, me, a geek? Nah ... ;)

Granted, that's talking about multiple beings assimilated into one collective, but if you're assimilated into the collective, you're a Borg. Once you're in, you're in, and the extent of your assimilation doesn't really change things.

I made this a few weeks ago. :D

I-AM-CI-BORG-1.gif

Late to the party as usual, but in addition to what boult said ... Borg is inherently plural. The Borg are usually referred to in the plural, but "they" are not just a race, but a single hivemind. A collective consciousness, as it were, with a few exceptions (7 of 9 being one, Hugh and the renegade Borg cube being another). So properly, we speak of the race The Borg, but we can also speak of Borg, the consciousness, as one entity (with 'individual' drones, the Borg Queen, Locutus, etc, as almost body parts).

Aw man! You're saying I can't call myself a 'borg? ;)

Aw man! You're saying I can't call myself a 'borg? ;)

Just the opposite! "Once you're in you're in" - the extent of one's assimilation doesn't make one any less Borg. (Hey - speaking of which - someone should photoshop up a Borg smiley for Alex to put in that box to the right of the posting textbox.) :borg:

Note: Some posts were removed. Keep that drama out of AllDeaf pls.

Alex,

This is off-topic, but I was wondering if you could make the "Pre/Post Surgery Tips" a sticky so that this information can be easily found by those awaiting surgery?

Back