Bilateral CI borg question

Correct,
I post there as cloggy5.. (After cloggy, cloggy2, cloggy3, cloggy4.....) Just to prevent nonsense being spread over the internet.

Now you CI-lovers... do not go there... Do not confuse those good folk with success stories... they have enough to deal with cloggy5...

I noticed hence why I don't post there.

You took the words right out of my mouth, Lucia! I was going to mention Sweetmind, but didn't know if I should. I've read her posts on DN and she is as anti-CI as they come.

Heck, you can read the same nonsense (by SM) in AD if you look in some old threads. Fortunately, they showed her the door a while ago. Man oh man what an uproar those times were....you would thought a boxing match was much tamer!

But I digress...but to regular programming...;)

Heck, you can read the same nonsense (by SM) in AD if you look in some old threads. Fortunately, they showed her the door a while ago. Man oh man what an uproar those times were....you would thought a boxing match was much tamer!

Wow! I ought to check that out. I've been looking for something entertaining to read :) although if I had been a member of AD at that time, I'm sure SM's messages would have totally :pissed: me off. After reading some of her posts on DN, I couldn't help but get a little hot under the collar.

Wow! I ought to check that out. I've been looking for something entertaining to read :) although if I had been a member of AD at that time, I'm sure SM's messages would have totally :pissed: me off. After reading some of her posts on DN, I couldn't help but get a little hot under the collar.
AH, do a search on "topics started by SM" or "posts by SM" and you will be entertained. (btw... put SxyPorkie in the search as well..)

I think the term 'CI-Borg' are kind of cute. :)

For those with bilateral CIs. Maybe one can call them CIsBorg to show they have both rather than one. But it doesn't have the same ring as CI-Borg.

I think the term 'CI-Borg' are kind of cute. :)

For those with bilateral CIs. Maybe one can call them CIsBorg to show they have both rather than one. But it doesn't have the same ring as CI-Borg.

Yeah, actually, I think "CI-Borg" is still sufficient for those with bilateral CIs.

Ha ha! Yes, I've tangled with SM! Hear Again, you're right -- she made me VERY hot under the collar! I sure do NOT miss her and Cloggy, I'll take your advice and NOT go to DN! Just very happy she's not on here with her senseless arguments -- :run:

Actually Cloggy, Sweetmind and SexyPorkie are TWO different women.

Yeah, actually, I think "CI-Borg" is still sufficient for those with bilateral CIs.

Although I don't have a CI, I agree with "CI-Borg" but what about "CI-Borg" and "CI-Borgette"? (I work with mostly men and they're the guys and I'm the guyette, LOL)

Yes they are different people.

I'm very good at recognizing other people's writing styles, and though they have similar posting styles, Sweetmind comes across as a very angry and bitter woman. SxyPorkie doesn't come off like that despite her opposition to CI in children.

Ha ha! Yes, I've tangled with SM! Hear Again, you're right -- she made me VERY hot under the collar! I sure do NOT miss her and Cloggy, I'll take your advice and NOT go to DN! Just very happy she's not on here with her senseless arguments -- :run:

Actually Cloggy, Sweetmind and SexyPorkie are TWO different women.
Oh, I know.. Just that the combination gives even better entertainment.!!

Cloggy: Now I *definitely* want to check that out! LOL! I've seen some of SxyPorkie's posts...is she still a member of AD?

For bilateral CI users, how about the term "bilateral borg?" :)

Um, what about:

ci BORG ic

(to give it a better balance -- if only I could turn that last "c" backwards to make the "ears" more even) :giggle:

Oh, I know.. Just that the combination gives even better entertainment.!!

Aha, gotcha! Remember how I'd posted then quickly rescinded it only to have you PM asking me what happened to it -- apparantly you caught it before I changed my mind -- LOL! I decided to put that post back -- I think it was a retort to SM (Sour Mind like some of us called her) :giggle:

Cloggy: Now I *definitely* want to check that out! LOL! I've seen some of SxyPorkie's posts...is she still a member of AD?

Actually she wasn't so bad. Yes she was pretty negative in the beginning and would back up SM but eventually even she could see SM went over the top and so she moderated her stance a bit more, although she was still against child implantation. I'm not sure if I remember rightly but she even wrote a post or two thinking about checking out a CI herself.

nah no need for another word to represent bilateral because before we coined the term CIborg, cyborg means a fictional or hypothetical person whose physical abilities are extended beyond normal human limitations by mechanical elements built into the body. (from dictionary) so we changed the y to i to emphasize the same meaning but replacing "mechanical elements" with "cochlear implant" regardless of bilateral or not.

Cheers (I am enjoying my vinyls now!)

Actually she wasn't so bad. Yes she was pretty negative in the beginning and would back up SM but eventually even she could see SM went over the top and so she moderated her stance a bit more, although she was still against child implantation. I'm not sure if I remember rightly but she even wrote a post or two thinking about checking out a CI herself.
Actually, you're right.
But she seemed to post on behalf of SM. And she got caught when she signed her post with "Sweetmind"¨...
Later on she posted for the first time in DeafNotes with a complete lie towards me (Imagine, the first thing you post and it's a lie directed towards another member.....) and this is after discussing with all of us (and me) here in AllDeaf.

From here:
Cloggy.... I recalled you saying that in your home area has no deaf childrem amd Lotte did not learn sign langauges.... you did not want her to learn them.... it was very selfish of you...

THAT convinced me that she is being played by Sweetmind. Without really realising it herself perhaps, but still.

I'm a happy "Borgette" and proud!!! I just had to re-register over on DeafNotes today, (was registerd since 2002 as ziglet) as I noticed a whole mess of user deletes went on today (cloggy, myself, CSN, and even Sweetmind seem to all have been removed...no saying as to why or who did it..curious!)

Back