Beyond All Reason: My Life With Susan Smith

Defee said:
aaaaAAaaahhhHHHhh! please stop!................just so sad and its an old story too...............

Because we are the mothers and have children. We can't understand why why why the mothers would do their children for the boyfriends ???

Why can't those mothers give up their children to the Department Social Service for adoption instead of kill them ??

Sabrina said:
Because we are the mothers and have children. We can't understand why why why the mothers would do their children for the boyfriends ???

Why can't those mothers give up their children to the Department Social Service for adoption instead of kill them ??

Sabrina...Im a mother too and i dont understand why these kid killers do it, we never will know, only God knows why so no point to keep asking "why"
questions, ok? We dont know why they wont take their kids they dont want to some relatives or dept of SS or whatever dept they take children..so no point asking that question either as we will never know why....

Sabrina said:
Why blame David (her husband) ?? I barely can't remember the details. I only remember that Susan killed her two sons because her boyfriend can't accpet her children. She choice her boyfriend. The boys's father has nothing to do.

Is there something that I miss ??
You're right. The father is not to be blame for it. What Susan Smith did was abolutely wrong!

VamPyroX said:
You're right. The father is not to be blame for it. What Susan Smith did was abolutely wrong!

Well at the time of that pic taken of David and Susan, he thought somebody else killed the kids! He didnt know yet at the time, that Susan did it! so i read at the time that after he found out that Susan did it, he backed off his support for her!! damn the lying bitch, she deceived him and everybody!

Sabrina said:
Then detective Welch adopted two children.

No, it´s not detective Doug Welch. It´s Prosecutor who knocked Diane Downs off to jail...

I check my video cassette where I recorded & keep "Small Sacrifices" today. The Prosecutor Frank Joziak who worked together with Doug Welch is adopt Diane´s 2 children.
I just found out from website that Frank Joziak is only handle name... His real name is Fred Hugi. They lived happily with their loving adopted parents, Fred & Joanne Hugi.

Cheri said:
It must be hard on those two children who are alive today knowing that their Mother tried to Kill them both. I wondered How they feel about that? :tears:

Yeah... I can imaged to myself how they react when they know that their own mother tried to kill them. It´s terrible feeling....
I know what you mean... I bet they still have nightmares about this sometimes.... The scars are still there.... I´m wondering about them sometimes... I like to know how they getting along now... What they do now...

Cheri said:
Michael and Alex.... the Children...:(

:tears: :tears: :tears: What a innocent & cute children... I don´t understand Susan Smith!!!

It make me angry...

:tears: :tears: :tears:
Sabrina said:
I wish, I could adopt them. They are so adorable !! I love the children so much !!

Yes both of them are in one coffin because they held their hands.
:tears: :tears: :tears:

Liebling:-))) said:
No, it´s not detective Doug Welch. It´s Prosecutor who knocked Diane Downs off to jail...

I check my video cassette where I recorded & keep "Small Sacrifices" today. The Prosecutor Frank Joziak who worked together with Doug Welch is adopt Diane´s 2 children.
I just found out from website that Frank Joziak is only handle name... His real name is Fred Hugi. They lived happily with their loving adopted parents, Fred & Joanne Hugi.

That is interesting... I just check on website about Fred and Joanne Hugi. Wow, the children currently 24 or 23 yrs old.

Question: Hi Ann...I'd be interested to know if you know how the surviving children of Diane Downs are doing? I thought that was a particularly chilling case.

Ann Rule: Diane's kids are doing great, but they're Fred and Joanne Hugi's kids now. Christie is 23 or 24, and graduated from college. Danny started college this year and is on the swim team, despite being a paraplegic from where his mother shot him.

Cheryl Ann Downes: January, 1976-May 19, 1983
Imagine this. You're a nine-year-old girl in the backseat of the family car with your baby brother next to you, strapped tightly into the booster seat the toddler rode in. Your younger-by-one-year sister was in the front. Suddenoly, mommy stops. It's dark and no one's around.

Mommy gets out. She hear a strange clicking sound and she opens the door, holding a gun. Mommy has told you never to touch a gun before, so why is she? All of a sudden, she shoots Danny, your baby brother, then you, then Cheryl Ann, your younger sister in the front seat.

2003 marked the 20th anniversary of the night Diane Downs shot her three children near Eugene/Springfield, Oregon. Cheryl died instantly, and both Christie and Danny were terribly injured. Readers tend to think of Diane's surviving children as still being very young, but Christie and Danny are both in their twenties now, both graduated from college, and still very much a part of Fred and Joanne Hugi's family. The former Lane County prosecutor and his wife adopted Christie and Danny in 1984, and gave them the happy life they deserved. Christie regained her health a long time ago, and was engaged to be married the last I heard. After his mother fired a bullet into his spine, Dan was left with permanent paralysis from the chest down, but he swam on the varsity swim team in college, and he is a whiz at computers, an industry where he works now. Diane Downs herself is still in prison. She is currently held in the Valley Prison for Women in Chowchilla, California, and still claiming that a "bushy-haired stranger" shot her and her children. None of her appeals for clemency or a new trial have been granted, but Diane will come up for parole consideration in about six and a half years. Like Randy Woodfield--to whom she was once "engaged" by mail--Diane receives many letters from admirers of the opposite sex. She will be 54 years old if she is released on her first try for parole. Chances are she will not be freed on her first try. The daughter she carried throughout her trial in 1984, put up for adoption, would have been 19 in July, 2003. A few young women have contacted me, claiming to be that child--but I am doubtful. Many people from Diane's distant past have contacted me, and, someday, with their permission, I will add another chapter to Small Sacrifices.

That's exactly what Christie Downes had to witness, and recount as she told her story on the witness stand at her mother's trial.

Diane Downes, in a desperate attempt to rid herself of her children because her love interest didn't want a family (similiar to the Alex and Michael Smith murder case), shot her three young children. The shot(s) killed Cheryl Ann, who was announced dead when they arrived at the hospital. Instead of killing them, Christie and Danny survived, although Danny was confined to a wheelchair for the rest of his life. This left Christie to take the stand against her mother, who told emergency care workers that a 'bushy-haired' man had walked up and shot all the children and shot Diane in the arm. The shot Diane 'suffered' would later prove to be self-inflicted.

Diane would also give birth to yet another child-a daughter named Amy-while on trial. Amy was adopted into a caring family almost right away, because her mother-the murderer of her older sister-was accused of first-degree murder and two counts of attempted murder, for the shootings of Danny and Christie. She was sentanced to life in prison.

in 1986, three years after their nightmare began, Danny and Christie were adopted by Fred and JoAnne Hugi. Fred had helped put their mother behind bars as the prosecution.

2003:

Her two children were adopted by Joanne and Fred Hugi, the prosecutor who put their mother away.

Christie and Danny, who now goes by Dan, are 28 and 23, respectively. Both graduated from college and are employed. Last year, Christie married the son of a former police officer.

Rule says the Hugis adopted Christie and Dan for the most basic reason: They loved them.

Obviously, Christie is 29 by now. Dan is 24 yrs old.

Read this:
http://www.katu.com/news/story.asp?ID=57627

Last edited:
Sabrina said:
Why blame David (her husband) ?? I barely can't remember the details. I only remember that Susan killed her two sons because her boyfriend can't accpet her children. She choice her boyfriend. The boys's father has nothing to do.

Is there something that I miss ??

:confused: Huh? I didnt blame David.. I said Susan (the Bitch) for her only not David.. I have nothing Against David at all.. he was not the one who killed the children Susan did...

Hi Sabrina,
Thank you for your interesting story about Diane´s 2 children... I´m wondering about them sometimes...
I´m relieved now!!! I´m happy to know that they are well & happy...
Keep post with those news.....
Thank you again... :kiss:

Defee said:
Well at the time of that pic taken of David and Susan, he thought somebody else killed the kids! He didnt know yet at the time, that Susan did it! so i read at the time that after he found out that Susan did it, he backed off his support for her!! damn the lying bitch, she deceived him and everybody!

Yes I know Defee, But After David found out that Susan killed his children.. He was mad and he even told her that he was mad and yelled at her and told her why didnt u just give the kids to me!!! and She end up in tears and say "I don't know".. I know he kinda feel sorry for her cuz of her Step Dad did something to her when she was younger but the Point is.. some people have soft heart I am sure he is very angry at her and the same time feeling sorry that she is messed up mentally....Sometimes We all do not like when People are Murdered but Most People say you are forgiven...Cuz that is What God wants us to do too..

Defee said:
aaaaAAaaahhhHHHhh! please stop!................just so sad and its an old story too...............

I know its "Old News" Defee, But Nobody has brought this Up before in Alldeaf.. I brought this up to see what Other People in here would think of this Horriable Crime that commited by the Mother.. U know There are Some Mothers out there Killed their children for their "Lover" I am Sorry U do not like this Subject .. But, I Am a Mother and I Just feel like those Boys should be remembered Forever keep their Memory Alive. :P

Maybe It will Help Mothers Like Susan Smith to Think Twice about killing their Children. Cuz the truth is No Men is the Top of ur world than ur Own Children are. Men come and go Children don't.

Defee said:
We have seen and heard this story before and it is just tooo sad to keep discussing it....ahhhhh!

mmmhhh
Those old stories alway keep on repeat ...
Example about Princess Diana, Kennedy, Marilyn Monre, Serial Killers etc..etc...etc...
It´s normal to talk about old news...

I accept the fact that the old stories always come.... but it doesn´t bother me really because I´m interesting to share those old news with anyone...

Diane Downs? Now, I remember that story. I saw the show on television years ago. She actually appeared on Oprah (or another talk show?) via camera. Even on that camera, she said it was that "bushy character" in the woods. :roll:

Ok ok..sorry that i said it was old news.....i understand that you want to keep talking about it but the point is that it is just toooo sad is all.....so keep on discussing it..I'll just stay away from this topic..no problem! :-o

This is Tom Findlay that is Susan Smith "Lover" The Jerk that Does not want Children!

Attachments

• 6a.jpg
    6a.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 18
Cheri said:
This is Tom Findlay that is Susan Smith "Lover" The Jerk that Does not want Children!

I would forget him when I were Susan because the children come first.
I would be glad to know that Tom is honest with me over not want children in first place. It would be worst if Tom is unhonest.

Tom is not expect that Susan killed her children for him because he want to be honest with her at start... & want to end his relationship with her.
Susan should find someone else who love her & want her children...

It´s her who expect to have Tom back... not Tom...

Sabrina said:
I wish, I could adopt them. They are so adorable !! I love the children so much !!

Yes both of them are in one coffin because they held their hands.

They held hands? Awww.... :( It's heartbreaking.

Back