Beware of Nigerian Scams

Alex said:
2.) No one works for me. I work alone. If anyone says they work for me on AllDeaf

But... But... I work for you. You forgot? :(

:giggle: just kidding!

Thanks for the warning and the heads up, Alex. :thumb:

For AIM users, if you don't want scammer to bother then go to option and allow people who on buddies list to chat since other strangers or scammers can't bother you.

scam is so stupid!

I have experienced with 5 girls who scammer. They were from African and made to be pretend love to talk me. But not true for them. I know they were clever and want some money for the reasons, but I'm not stupid. They found my email or aim screen name from online which deafvp.com or deafconnect. I wish that global scam victim set up on the government. it will be service helping us protection from scammer victim.

[VID] USPS and Nigerian Scams

Call FBI and give those to the FBI, they will trace on them.
Wow, PowerWCRulez, I didn't expect to see you on AllDeaf. Remember me from HipTop?

Anyway, the FBI cannot do anything about it, if it goes through UPS, DHL FedEx, etc. Make sure to tell the scammer to send it through the regular USPS (United States Postal Service) mail. If they send it through USPS, then it's mail fraud, and they can do something about it.

I blogged about this.
Taric Alani's Video Blog (VLog) 0002 on

Hi, I'm Taric Alani. I'm here, in my room, using American Sign Language, but you may notice, this time, I'm not voicing. The reason why is a lot of people, in the Deaf community, prefer sign and voice separate. The reason why is English and ASL are not the same language. For example, word order is not the same, so my blog will still have voice, but it'll be separate from the sign. In my first blog, I discussed scam in Nigeria, because my videos are not available there. A lot of scammers get the IM screen name or e-mail of a Deaf person on deafVP.com and vplist.com, and they try to steal money from them. How do they do that? They send counterfeit money orders, and a lot of times, the Deaf person completely buys it. Don't believe their mendacity! Please, if you have IM name or e-mail address on there, please remove it. Ok, I hope I've been helpful today. If you have any more future comments or suggestions, tell me. I want to know what you want to see in my future videos. Thank you for watching!

This is something VERY old and should already be known about by the public.

Not falling for it

Were you gullible enough to fall for it?
Of course not, but there are many people who like to meet friends online. They have the hope that the friendship could become more, so they neglect the fact that it could be a scam.

Nigerian Scam Darwin Awards

Those who still do fall for the scams deserve the Darwin awards.
Deaf people aren't thier only victims. Many Interpreters also fall for it. The scam goes like this. The Nigerian claims to be a Christian missionary in Africa with a Deaf wife, and when he returns to the US, he'll need an intepreter. The rest of the scam is the same. Sadly, many intepreters have fallen for it.

important!

It is so important to remove email or aim screen name from deavp.com or vplist.com Thank you for spread telling!

Wow, PowerWCRulez, I didn't expect to see you on AllDeaf. Remember me from HipTop?

Anyway, the FBI cannot do anything about it, if it goes through UPS, DHL FedEx, etc. Make sure to tell the scammer to send it through the regular USPS (United States Postal Service) mail. If they send it through USPS, then it's mail fraud, and they can do something about it.

I blogged about this.
Taric Alani's Video Blog (VLog) 0002 on

Hi, I'm Taric Alani. I'm here, in my room, using American Sign Language, but you may notice, this time, I'm not voicing. The reason why is a lot of people, in the Deaf community, prefer sign and voice separate. The reason why is English and ASL are not the same language. For example, word order is not the same, so my blog will still have voice, but it'll be separate from the sign. In my first blog, I discussed scam in Nigeria, because my videos are not available there. A lot of scammers get the IM screen name or e-mail of a Deaf person on deafVP.com and vplist.com, and they try to steal money from them. How do they do that? They send counterfeit money orders, and a lot of times, the Deaf person completely buys it. Don't believe their mendacity! Please, if you have IM name or e-mail address on there, please remove it. Ok, I hope I've been helpful today. If you have any more future comments or suggestions, tell me. I want to know what you want to see in my future videos. Thank you for watching!

Thanks for warning. I got scam in my e-mail , but I deleted anyway.

I have been scammed a few times..... even got fraud personal checks ..... company checks and Traveler's Cheques....... So please be very well aware of what u get in the mail and take it to the bank and they will take those checks will take care of it for you........ watch for a1980w from yahoo...... mgcisse from aim.......kamilovers from aim......fmwrigth from aim..... watch out for those people ........ I've had enough trouble with those people scamming me all that for nothing......

Here is a scam message that I have just gotten in my mail box !
Date : 24 January 2007 Wednesday 08:30:46
Subject : URGENT BUSINESS ASSISTANCE

No: 13 Melrose Street,
Crawford Close.
South Africa.

Dear Friend,

Complements of the season, how are you doing? I believe that destiny is an act of God which can only be delayed, but not changed, this business opportunity to you. I am Mr. Taitus osch The first son of Dr. Robert osch who was recently murdered in the land dispute in Zimbabwe. The agents of the ruling government of President Robert Mugabe, among the few black Zimbabwean rich farmers murdered my late Father, in cold blood. For his alleged support and sympathy for the Zimbabwean Opposition party controlled by the whites. Before his death, he had taken me to Johannesburg to deposit the sum of US$ 19.5 Million (nineteen Million, Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars Only) with a security and finance company as if he foresaw the looming danger in Zimbabwe. The money was deposited in a box as a consignment, (Family Valve) to the security company to avoid seizure, and also to avoid much demurrage from the security company.

President Mugabe gave this money to my Father for investment purpose while they were still in good terms. This land problem arose when President Robert Mugabe introduced a new land act, which wholly affected the rich farmers, and some few blacks eventually vehemently condemned the modus operandi adopted by the government. And that resulted to rampant killing and mob actions by the veterans and some political thugs, precisely, many people have been killed. Heads of government from Western World, especially Britain and United States of America have voiced their condemnation of Mugabe 's plan subsequently, the South African Development Community (S.A.D.C) has continuously supported Mugabe's new land reform act. It is against this background that I and my family who are currently staying in South Africa have decided to transfer my Fathers money into a foreign account.

As the first son of my late Father, I am saddled with the responsibility of seeking a responsible person who will help us to transfer this money without the knowledge of my government and who had tactically freezing our family wealth and South African Government seems to be playing alongside with them. We have decided not to invest this money in South Africa for the fear of seizure and encountering the same experience in future, since both countries have almost the same political history. More so, the South African Foreign Exchange Policy does not allow such investment hence I am an asylum seeker. I should let you know that this transaction is 100% risk free.

I therefore look forward to a mutual business relationship with you and thank you for your kind und

erstanding and co-operation, while I wait for your swift response. Remember this business is highly confidential and shall be kept within you. Looking forward to a mutual business relationship with you.

With regards,

Mr Taitus Osch

Nigerian Scam E–Mail #1

--- akane74 <akane74@canada.comwrote:

To: (Recipient List Suppressed)
Subject: Good Day, Sir/Madam
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 11:08:31 -0800

Good Day, Sir/Madam
Please accept my sincere apologizes if my email does not meet your business or personal ethics. I will first introduce myself as Mr.Archie Kane, a staff in the Private Clients Section of a well known bank, here in London, England. One of our accounts, with holding balance of £20,000,000(Twenty Million Pounds Sterling) has been dormant and last operated three years ago. From my investigations and confirmation, the owner of the said account, a foreigner by name John Shumejda died on the 4th of January 2002 in a plane crash in Birmingham; you can view this CNN website CNN.com - Five die in UK jet crash - January 5, 2002 for details on the crash. Since then, nobody has done anything as regards the claiming of this money, as he has no family member that has any knowledge as to the existence of either the account or the funds; and also Information from the National Immigration also states that he was single on entry into the UK. I have confidently discussed this issue with the bank manager and we have agreed to find a reliable foreign partner to dealwith. We therefore propose to do business with you, standing in as the next of kin of these funds from the deceased and fundsreleased to you after necessary processes have been followed. This transaction is totally free of risk and troubles as the fund is legitimate and does not originate from drug, moneylaundry, terrorism or any other illegal act. On your interest,let me hear from you URGENTLY
Warm Regards
Mr.Archie Kane

Nigerian Scam E–Mail #1 IP

Now, let's look at the message header.

X-Apparently-To: (my screen name)@yahoo.com via 206.190.38.138; Wed, 24 Jan 2007 11:29:35 -0800
X-Originating-IP: [216.152.192.57]
Return-Path: <akane74@canada.com>
Authentication-Results: mta244.mail.re4.yahoo.com from=canada.com; domainkeys=neutral (no sig)
Received: from 216.152.192.57 (EHLO smtp-3.vancouver.ipapp.com) (216.152.192.57) by mta244.mail.re4.yahoo.com with SMTP; Wed, 24 Jan 2007 11:29:35 -0800
Received: from canada.com ([216.152.192.56]) by smtp-3.vancouver.ipapp.com ; Wed, 24 Jan 2007 11:08:32 -0800
To:
Sender: akane74@canada.com
Subject: Good Day, Sir/Madam
X-Mailer: Quality Web Email v3.1n, http://netwinsite.com/refw.htm
X-Originating-IP: 213.185.106.218
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 11:08:31 -0800
Message-id: <45b7aeaf.367.27d2.13566@canada.com>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
X-Country: CA
Content-Length: 1021

Now, let's take a look at the IP addresses.
IP address: 206.190.38.138
Reverse DNS: web51007.mail.yahoo.com.
Reverse DNS authenticity: [Verified]
ASN: 14779
ASN Name: INKTOMI-LAWSON
IP range connectivity: 2
Registrar (per ASN): ARIN
Country (per IP registrar): US [United States]
Country IP Range: 206.190.0.0 to 206.190.127.255
Country fraud profile: Normal
City (per outside source): Sunnyvale, California
Country (per outside source): US [United States]
Private (internal) IP? No
IP address registrar: whois.arin.net
Known Proxy? No

smtp-3.vancouver.ipapp.com
IP address: 216.152.192.57
Reverse DNS: smtp-3.vancouver.ipapp.com.
Reverse DNS authenticity: [Unknown]
ASN: 11625
ASN Name: VP63-ORG-ASN
IP range connectivity: 1
Country (per IP registrar): CA [Canada]
Country IP Range: 216.152.192.0 to 216.152.207.255
City (per outside source): New Westminster, British Columbia
Country (per outside source): CA [Canada]
Known Proxy? No

canada.com
IP address: 199.71.40.135
Reverse DNS: goto.canada.com.
Reverse DNS does not match!
ASN: 18588
ASN Name: CITG
IP range connectivity: 5
Country IP Range: 199.71.32.0 to 199.71.63.255
City (per outside source): Winnipeg, Manitoba
Known Proxy? No

mta244.mail.re4.yahoo.com
IP address: 206.190.59.60
Reverse DNS: mta244.mail.re4.yahoo.com.
ASN: 14779
ASN Name: INKTOMI-LAWSON
Country (per IP registrar): US [United States]
Country IP Range: 206.190.0.0 to 206.190.127.255
City (per outside source): Sunnyvale, California
Country (per outside source): US [United States]
Known Proxy? No

canada.com
IP address: 216.152.192.56
Reverse DNS: web-7.vancouver.ipapp.com.
Reverse DNS does not match!
ASN: 11625
ASN Name: VP63-ORG-ASN
IP range connectivity: 1
Country IP Range: 216.152.192.0 to 216.152.207.255
City (per outside source): New Westminster, British Columbia
Known Proxy? No

IP address: 213.185.106.218
Reverse DNS: [No reverse DNS entry per ns-pri.ripe.net.]
Reverse DNS authenticity: [Unknown]
ASN: 22351
ASN Name: INTELSAT (Intelsat Global BGP Routing Policy)
Registrar (per ASN): RIPE
Country (per IP registrar): GB [United Kingdom]
Country IP Range: 213.185.96.0 to 213.185.127.255
City (per outside source): Unknown
Country (per outside source): NG [Nigeria]
IP address registrar: whois.ripe.net
Known Proxy? No

Scams Scams!! Here there & everywhere. Some people are just desperate for money..Krazy!! Go out & work for it..Talk about lazy LoL:lol:

I recently got some very odd emails in my other account from someone at Alldeaf. The sender seemed to think I'm a male. I'm a female. I told the sender of the email my name.

I got another email that pleaded me to send her some money because she flew to Nigeria with her Nigerian boyfriend who robbed her and that the hotel was holding her passports and other papers. She didn't have any family other than an druggie brother.

She kept telling me how she was looking for a serious relationship and how I could take care of her and how caring I was. I thought it odd that someone who claimed to be American would be so unaware that my first name is a female name. Of course, she wanted me to send her money and rescue her.

I contacted Alex about this person and he deleted her account. I told him I smelled some sort of scam.

I recently got some very odd emails in my other account from someone at Alldeaf. The sender seemed to think I'm a male. I'm a female. I told the sender of the email my name.

I got another email that pleaded me to send her some money because she flew to Nigeria with her Nigerian boyfriend who robbed her and that the hotel was holding her passports and other papers. She didn't have any family other than an druggie brother.

She kept telling me how she was looking for a serious relationship and how I could take care of her and how caring I was. I thought it odd that someone who claimed to be American would be so unaware that my first name is a female name. Of course, she wanted me to send her money and rescue her.

I contacted Alex about this person and he deleted her account. I told him I smelled some sort of scam.

That right there is a dead give away...how did this person know u are a really caring person? LOL! Dumb *&^%$# ers !!!

Back