Best Place To Live In Florida?

deafmermaid

Reaction score
Which city has the most deaf population? Good and safe area for my family.

St Augustine (St auggie) is good, they also have the Florida School for the Deaf and Blind for schooling.

Which city has the most deaf population? Good and safe area for my family.

Saint Augustine and Tampa Bay are far away from each other, don't group them up by saying "Tampa Bay / St. Augustine." Saint Augustine has the biggest Deaf population " the school for the Deaf is there" Tampa Bay ( a few hours away ) Would be your next best choice. Just watch where you stay in Tampa, as it has a lot of terrible TERRIBLE areas.... :roll:

everglades is awesome place to live. Dont need to deal with hearing world most of the time. Your neighbors has no issues with you being deaf, they dont discriminate or care.

I was looking at the auction.com site today there are over 1000 properties coming up for auction. Must be a good time to pick and choose where to live if you have an income.

As mentioned, St. Augustine is my fav also....the town of Melbourne is very nice also...so is Key West, and not surprised no one mentioned Jacksonville!...but it's home to me.

Wirelessly posted

Tampa Bay includes St. Petersburg, Clearwater, Brandon, Tampa ect ect. Tampa is one of those "you have to know someone who has lived here a bit" to know which areas to avoid.

If the Florida school for the deaf and blind is a major selling point for you, then St. Auggie is def the choice to go with. But the few people I know from there have all said that it's a nice place to visit for a few days, but that there's not much to do in town. In the St. Pete/Clearwater/Tampa metropolitan area, there is a lot more in the way of job opportunities and things to do around town. Home Shopping Network, Kane's Furniture, and Raymond James all have corporate offices in the area.

Posted from Alldeaf.com App for Android

With all the sinkholes happening in Florida I would not want to live there. There was another sinkhole yesterday in Florida.

With all the sinkholes happening in Florida I would not want to live there. There was another sinkhole yesterday in Florida.

Not to mention Bug Bunny is sawing Florida off.

30419-Bugs-Bunny-saws-off-Florida-gi-GJAj.gif

:P

The little speck on the corner of Georgia? That's Bugs giving Florida a helping push and then celebrating.

You could always live in Naples with all the Canadian snowbirds (people who own a house in Florida and hide there for the winter)

The little speck on the corner of Georgia? That's Bugs giving Florida a helping push and then celebrating.

You could always live in Naples with all the Canadian snowbirds (people who own a house in Florida and hide there for the winter)

I thought that what it was. I would love to live in Northern California again, I know it would not be the same as it was about 40 years ago. I loved it up there , it was beautiful clean fresh air, no traffic and no TV . That is all gone now.

Sink holes aren't THAT common jeeze. People act like they happen every day or something. Plus, they usually happen in areas that aren't very populated, hence Dunedien where it happened yesterday. Nothing is in friggin Dunedien! :laugh2:

Can't really suggest anyplace decent in Florida. I have lived in Polk County (Central) and am unfortunately back in West Palm Beach. Have head a lot of positive about the "St. TampWater" area, that is St. Petersburg, Tampa and Clearwater. Have heard a lot of positives about the St. Augustine area. Personally, I will be glad when I can leave again.

God I loved West Palm any time I go to visit. ( about once every month or two ) I mainly stayed in Lakeworth but spent most of my time in West Palm. :) like I said, I loved it though! :D

Back