Best Place To Live In Florida?

Wirelessly posted

My favorite place in FL is rural North Central Florida. Nothing beats the country living and both the Gulf and the Atlantic beaches are about an hour away and beautiful springs here are absolutely beautiful

One fact that people dont' realize about florida is that there are more horse ranches here in FL than in Texas

Wirelessly posted

A Nihilist said:
One fact that people dont' realize about florida is that there are more horse ranches here in FL than in Texas

Especially, in the Ocala area.

Now, I did love it up in the Lake Wales/Winter Haven area. That's where I grew up and totally loved it.

Wirelessly posted

KristinaB said:
Now, I did love it up in the Lake Wales/Winter Haven area. That's where I grew up and totally loved it.

I lived in Lake Wales for about 4 years. I love boating in the chain of lakes in Winter Haven.

Wirelessly posted

KristinaB said:
Wirelessly posted

I lived in Lake Wales for about 4 years. I love boating in the chain of lakes in Winter Haven.

I was there from 1969 to 1978.

I was there from 2004 to 2008. I was there during the 2004 hurricanes! Spook Hill still there and Bok Tower is still as beautiful as ever.

Is there access to great reasonably priced medical care? Is the weather bring you to your knees hot all the time or is it more on the bearable side?
It sounds like a place with an amazing number of different climates and kinds of places.
Am now going to look up Winter Haven....

Depends how well you tolerate the heat. For me, north Florida, it rarely gets over 100 degrees. It pays off in winter where everyone's freezing but you are wearing shorts. :) Cars don't get rusted from the salt up north.

Depends how well you tolerate the heat. For me, north Florida, it rarely gets over 100 degrees. It pays off in winter where everyone's freezing but you are wearing shorts. :) Cars don't get rusted from the salt up north.

I rather to have brutal summer over brutal winter.

King Ranch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

King Ranch, located in South Texas between Corpus Christi and Brownsville, is one of the largest ranches in the world.[3] (The world's largest is the 6,000,000 acre Anna Creek station in Australia, and the largest contiguous U.S. ranch is the Waggoner Ranch near Vernon, Texas.) The King Ranch comprises 825,000 acres (3,340 km2; 1,289 sq mi)[4]and was founded in 1853 by Captain Richard King and Gideon K. Lewis, includes portions of six Texas counties, including most of Kleberg County and much of Kenedy County, with portions extending into Brooks, Jim Wells, Nueces, and Willacy Counties. The ranch does not consist of one single contiguous plot of land, but rather four large sections called divisions. The divisions are the Santa Gertrudis, the Laureles, the Encino and the Norias. Only two of the four divisions border each other, and that border is relatively short.[5] The ranch was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1961.[2][6]

Back