Best liked make/models?

Thanks, I'll ask about that on mine, I have an appointment this afternoon where the Siemens rep is to be in attendance also to try to sort out my problems. Are they actually off, as in not drawing any power at all, or just mic-off? I already have a mic-off position, but when I put them off at night I want them to stop using battery power at all.

I'm sure they are actually off, it says this is an option in the little instruction book they gave me when I first got them.

Good luck with your appointment!

When you all go to your audiologists, do you say "I'd like to try the ABC brand, XYZ model" whatever it is, or do you take what the audiologists suggest? I am learning a LOT from you all about different aids and feel a lot more equipped to suggest something now. I have always just gone along with whatever the audi suggested, although some I've liked better than other (both some audis and some hearing aids).

I want to try that new water-resistant one when it's released in June. That would be great for me in the summer, if it meets my hearing needs.
1st HA, took what my audi suggested. It worked fine for me. When it came time for an HA in the other ear, different audi suggested different brand/model. Didn't like it and asked for the same brand/model as my original one (or close to it since it was 5 years old). When those needed replacing, again went with my, yet new again, audi's suggestion. I was happy with them. Two years later I had money so spend so I did research and requested my Naida's. They're better than the others. I'm happy and hope not to need to replace these for years to come.

I would not have stayed with a HA if it did not "sound" right to me.

As for the tinny/echo. Some of it needs tweaking and some just needs to get used to. If you don't get used to it and they can't be tweaked to your satisfaciton, try a different HA.

I'm sure they are actually off, it says this is an option in the little instruction book they gave me when I first got them.

Good luck with your appointment!

Wow, instructions, I'm jealous! They told me they'd given me an instruction booklet when I got mine, but I was curious why it was sealed inside a brown envelope. I found out why when I got back to my car and opened it, the instructions were for how to put a hearing aid into your ear, remove it from your ear and wipe it with a tissue. I'd had hearing aids for 20 years by this point! :roll:

The appointment went worse than I could possibly have expected... given that they had given me the wrong date and it's actually tomorrow. Still haven't had a letter telling me when it is, either, just happened to find out by chance, shame they were wrong about when it is. Same time tomorrow then. I'm gonna kill someone.

Before i got my right ear implanted, i really liked my Naida :) I had the black and blue processor. It reminds me of the night skies. It sounded great and i just fell in love with it, too bad that my right ear hearing just went away due to my autoimmune hearing loss :/.

But as for implants, I really LOVE the nucleus 5. Its smaller, not bulky at all, it comes with a remote control, and its simple. Plus they have more new "skins" for the nucleus 5. Plus its water resistant (well most hearing impaired technology are beginning to have water resistance) Plus the internal implant is thinner, but its stronger than the internal implant--nucleus 24, which is what i have on my left side.

I had Oticon nearly all my life, but once i had a Widex , they are great - it was the first digital aids i had, and it was better than the newer, more powerful Oticon Sumo, but I adjusted to it by now. The problem was lack of technical access to adjust the Widex (since I moved to another town) so sad, oh well. I lived and moved on. However not too sure if Id get another Oticon, I would like to try , if i can, the latest, more adjustable Widex again because of their superioir speech recognition ability which seem to suit my audigramical profile but then again i might just go back to analog, that is, a Unitron, much cheaper, and with a lot of natual grunt.

I had Oticon nearly all my life, but once i had a Widex , they are great - it was the first digital aids i had, and it was better than the newer, more powerful Oticon Sumo, but I adjusted to it by now. The problem was lack of technical access to adjust the Widex (since I moved to another town) so sad, oh well. I lived and moved on. However not too sure if Id get another Oticon, I would like to try , if i can, the latest, more adjustable Widex again because of their superioir speech recognition ability which seem to suit my audigramical profile but then again i might just go back to analog, that is, a Unitron, much cheaper, and with a lot of natual grunt.

well you could always go for the Oticon Chilli since this hearing aid is the hottest dish on the market and it's compatible with bluetooth which is on the streamer which is the remote control that will let you listen to music and other audio sources
for me, I tried the Oticon Safari 600 this year and really like it alot :)

No, I know that there's no *best* make and/or model, however there is likely a most preferred make and/ or model based upon user reviews ;) I have the Solanas, and I like them, but I don't *love* them. Just trying to get ideas before my trial period is up :)

Back