Banned members

Status
Not open for further replies.

lumbingmi

Reaction score
Do we as alldeaf members deserved to know why certain members get banned so that it would serve us good purpose to not get banned?

I say yes.

I know I am often curious, but since it seems to be the rule that it is not mentioned, I guess we just have to go without knowing the reason.

Thank you for putting the question about banned members. I guess I will never know what happen and how long will they be ban until they are back to AD again. I just hope it is temporary. I don't want to be ban either. :ugh:

I checked their posts and I dont see any justification for them to get banned. Methink they did something via PM that caused Mods to ban them.

Do we as alldeaf members deserved to know why certain members get banned so that it would serve us good purpose to not get banned?

I say yes.

I don't think that serves any useful purpose. I have been banned before and for an extended period of time. Suffice it to say, those of us who have been banned, were banned for a good reason. Some of us learn our lesson; while others don't.

I don't think it is a good idea to make it a practice for the mods to publicly state the reason why someone is banned. If you want to know why so and so is banned, you can simply ask them in private.

As for my bannings, I will say this. I deserved it. Others may feel differently. I ticked off someone enough that I got banned for my actions. OK. Lesson learned. If you have an issue with someone on the forum, take it up with that person in private. It doesn't need to be public fodder for the masses.

I don't think that serves any useful purpose. I have been banned before and for an extended amount of time. Suffice it to say, those of us who have been banned, were banned for a good reason. Some of us learn our lesson; while others don't.

I don't think it is a good idea to make it a practice for the mods to publicly state the reason why someone is banned. If you want to know why so and so is banned, you can simply ask them ask them in private.

As for my bannings, I will say this. I deserved it. Others may feel differently, but I don't. I ticked off someone enough that I got banned for my actions. OK. Lesson learned. If you have an issue with someone on the forum, take it up with that person in private. It doesn't need to be public fodder for the masses.

Point taken and I agree with you. :cool:

I know why about they got banned but not going tell anyone, that's private.

Let move on, it's not right way to create thread about banned members.

When someone is thrown into prison or within the local, state, federal prison system, it is public record.

Within a forum, all of us are dedicated to focus on the content (i.e., the debate/discourse).

If a person, who has wrongly presented a debate/discourse, is no longer presenting, the reason should be obvious for his/her absence.

A permanent record for internet (read: anonymous) recordings is, at most, silly.

Why worry about other being banned. If we don't want to get banned then we should follow rules imposed by Alex and his staff. :)

There is no necessary to demand the knowledge of who and why they got banned, it is not our business to know whats happening. Let the team deal with it privately. No comment furthermore.

Good post, Jacob.

It is like in work places, when one is fired or penalised, the employers aren't supposed to say why one is fired or they could find themselves in serious trouble.

I have a feeling that the OP was being silly and wanted to see reactions in his thread.

Good post, Jacob.

It is like in work places, when one is fired or penalised, the employers aren't supposed to say why one is fired or they could find themselves in serious trouble.

I have a feeling that the OP was being silly and wanted to see reactions in his thread.

Excatly, it is pretty much the same - if someone at my work gets fired, I won't ask for the reason, cause it is not my trouble.

Alex or VIP member know what to do for these member watch these languages on posts if Alex says they can banned for weeks or no longers on board! peroid!

Alex or VIP member know what to do for these member watch these languages on posts if Alex says they can banned for weeks or no longers on board! peroid!

It has nothing to do with the VIP members at all - Only moderators and Alex is the people they know the reasons, not us. It is actually nothing to do with us, and it is not our business. Leave it to them, we are here to make friends, discuss, social and chat - nonetheless.

It has nothing to do with the VIP members at all - Only moderators and Alex is the people they know the reasons, not us. It is actually nothing to do with us, and it is not our business. Leave it to them, we are here to make friends, discuss, social and chat - nonetheless.

oh i see

There is no necessary to demand the knowledge of who and why they got banned, it is not our business to know whats happening. Let the team deal with it privately. No comment furthermore.

Agreed. I actually admit that I do curious about it sometimes, mostly, I don't know what happened so "move on" option is only the best way... but I sometimes do not want to know if they're banned too.

I would be curious but it is between Alex/moderators and person got banned. I agreed with Jacob and few others as well.

Also, this topic has been discussed not once, but twice. It is no need to discuss necessary explaination on why - there are threads buried in the forum. For the best of all - leave it to the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back