Bad News:

He had a feeding tube since the time after his stroke which called "percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy tube" that tube is place through the side of his skin to his stomach, as you know he has swallowing problems so he can't take a whole lot of food because he could choke or food can go into his lung where it could block his breathing and cause pneumonia, but he can take small tastes of food or beverages to practice swallowing.

The plan was to transferred my dad and admitted him to another hospital because of his insurance carrier, but unfortunately they could not because his feeding tube had been blocked. He hasn't been receiving food and I don't know what the hell they are gonna do now. It had been so emotional draining for me. I couldn't stop crying and I know I need to stay strong for him, but it's so hard to stay focus. :tears:

Cheri,
I'm sorry to hear that there's been problems making sure your father's being fed right. If they are to transfer him then I hope the next hospital will do a good job administering the care he needs. Hang in there.

Keeping your family in my thought.

Sorry to hear that, Cher. Hang in there.

You and your family are in my thoughts.
:hug:

Sorry that you are dealing with all of this. Hang in there. Hope your father pulls through.

Dang, Cheri.. hang in there ok?? Hope your dad can be transferred nearby so he can receive more good care....

Cheri, do take care of yourself. I know its not easy going through this situation with your dad. All you can do is be there for him and do your best to take care of him. I will be keeping you and your family in my prayers. :hug:

Cheri,

i know its hard for your dad on tube and also transfer to hospital that not easy!!

many million people who cant eat on their own and doctor have no choice they ahead have tube help feed food thru till died..

mostly people always going visit family at hospital makes sure ok and you can talk nurse or doctor how your dad's condition..

My dad will have a surgery tomorrow to insert another feeding tube and replaced the other feeding tube.

I just want to Thank you all for your love and prayers for my dad. It truly means a lot to me to know that there are people around the world who have been lifting him up in prayers. I know my dad is a fighter and he will get through this all in God's timing. Again, Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart. :)

My dad will have a surgery tomorrow to insert another feeding tube and replaced the other feeding tube.

I just want to Thank you all for your love and prayers for my dad. It truly means a lot to me to know that there are people around the world who have been lifting him up in prayers. I know my dad is a fighter and he will get through this all in God's timing. Again, Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart. :)

that good i know you support your dad very dearly if you see tube they can feed tube thru food or drink..

before my step-dad's passed away he cant eat but he had dialysis but feed thru tube or my mom feed him till he died that why but the doctor have no choice for him but let have surgery on him before he died..

I know religion is not allowed here but Alex can afford to make exemptions here and there.

Cheri,

I would like to offer some prayers for you, your father and your family.

For you, Cheri. I hope this helps.

It’s so painful God to watch my father begin to falter. I have always counted on him, and now he needs to count on me. I love my father; I can’t stand the way our roles have reversed. I don’t want to see him doesn’t want to feel helpless or dependent. But he needs me now.
Help me, God, to rise to this critical occasion. Show me how to care for my father with respect, tenderness, and love. Fill me with compassion and patience. Shield me from anger and resentment.
Calm my fears, give me strength, God. Help me to seek out relief and support when the burden is great.
Give him strength, God. Bless him with dignity, grace, and health. Amen.

Prayers page

Hang in there Cheri, He listens and watches over his children.

Hope your father will be allright today after surgery. I did not know my great niece had surgery last night and she is 3 and half weeks old now. We are scare of losing her too, not out of danger yet. I do understand where you are right now. ((((((hug))))))

Cheri, I am hoping your father's surgery went well.

I know how you are feeling - I just found out that my father had a mild stroke on thursday. The right side of his face and his right hand are numb but otherwise he's fine. I can't help but worry if he'll have a worse stroke later on.

Cheri, I am hoping your father's surgery went well.

I know how you are feeling - I just found out that my father had a mild stroke on thursday. The right side of his face and his right hand are numb but otherwise he's fine. I can't help but worry if he'll have a worse stroke later on.

Aww.. deafskeptic, :hug: I'm so sorry to hear about your dad's stroke no matter how big or how small the stroke was, my thoughts are with you and your family, sending positive sentiment your way and I will definitely add you, your dad, and your family to my prayers. ;)

Update on my dad's condition:
They didn't do the surgery yet, from what I know is that they've been trying to get his feeding tube to open for the past couple days, and I don't know why time had been wasted. I'm real upset about it, He has been lying in bed for couple days, his speech therapy and physical therapy had been stopped.

I'm really disappointed with the doctor and the staffs, especially his doctor who had been negative about my dad's condition and how he said that my dad will not have a quality of life, How can the doctor predict what the outcome will be? there's a lot that we don't know how my dad's brain responds, how it will recovers and for how long. We are all aware how slow the process will be. He's not on life support or on breathing tube.

My dad had made so much recovery process since the fourth week after they transferred him to Cleveland from Reno, he's talking so much more. How can the doctor say that my dad will not have a quality of life if he is talking so much more? isn't that one of his abilities that he had lost that had came back?? Rehabilitation is another part of treatment that will help my dad gain back his lost abilities to become independent but, that treatment hasn't started because his medical condition that needs to be under control first before rehab, like resolving his blood supply issue and his heart.

I've met some stroke survivors who had speech therapy, physical therapy, and occupational therapy for years to continue their improvement after their strokes, they all lead fulfilling lives. It takes the whole support group to get involved and help my dad. I just feel that the doctors and the staffs are just giving up on my dad or don't even want to care for my dad. It makes me so mad! :mad:

Oh, Cheri, that must be so hard struggling with the doctors who don't see your dad the way you do. :(

I hope that your doctor is not speaking in such a negative way in front of your father.

I'll keep praying for him and for you.

Cheri , I will be praying for you and your family , especially your dad. Hang in there :hug:

I'm sorry to hear about your father, Cheri. I hope he'll remain to be a fighter and to excel in this situation. It isn't easy, I know. I wish I had the words of widsom but I don't. All I can say is, hang in there as the best as you can.

Back