Bad News:

OH dang, Cheri.... hope everything will be alright for your dad.. ohh blood clots in his heart?? dang... I do hope this can be fixed somehow...

Cheri, that was really heartfelt your dad signed "C" awwww , I sure hope he gets better, will be keeping him in prayer.

Cheri, that was really heartfelt your dad signed "C" awwww , I sure hope he gets better, will be keeping him in prayer.

Yea and he signed "ily" today too. :P And thanks sweetie.

It'll be ok, Sharky, There are wonderful doctors and nurses there that will take good care of my dad. ;)

Yep Cheri.. there are good doctors and nurses who will be able to figure out a way to get the blood clots out of your dad's heart without any major damages.... I'm sure of it and I do hope everything will be alright for sure...

Hello everyone and thanks for the supports and prayers. ;)

My dad's condition, well for a couple months before he suffered from a stroke he had lost so much weigh, around 165 pounds within 4 months he had experienced frequent diarrhea and sometimes with blood in the stool, and he delayed on getting that problem checked out, we kept pushing him to see a doctor for months because we were all concerning about his health, when he finally did went to see his doctor, they claimed he had some kind of infection in his stomach, gave him medicine for it, and it was making him sick, then he got off of that medicine. Then a week before Reno, he was experienced abdominal cramps and he was vomiting, then he went off to see his doctor again and ran some blood tests, he hasn't gotten the results, then when he left for Reno, he didn't look so good, he was so pale, and tired. He did complained of headaches. Then the next day he suffered a stroke from high blood pressure.

He had lost 20 more pounds when he was staying at the hospital in Reno within two weeks, we asked the doctor to find out why he is continuing losing weight, so they checked into that, and found out he has a Crohn's disease, that explains why he was losing weight so fast, making him feel tired, the frequent diarrhea and lost of appetites. As for now he is on medicine for that problem.

They just removed his breathing tube, and he's able to breath on his own without oxygen. He was on the breathing tube because of the build up fluid in his lungs.

As for his physical therapies, and speech, are the same...just recently about 2 days ago, they helped him stand on his feet, he hasn't walked yet, but it'll come later.

When the speech therapist asked my dad what's your daughter's name, and he was trying to say my name, but he couldn't instead he sign the letter "C", I was impressed! I told the speech therapist maybe we should be teaching dad sign language instead of speech. lol

I haven't seen my dad for two days because I have a sinus infection, it has been so miserable. But, I talk to my step mom today to find out how dad was doing, and she says the same.
Wow... that's a lot of weight loss. :shock:

I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I'll pray for you and your family. :hug:

Cheri, I know I havent been in here fora while but as I read this thread. My heart goes out to your wonderful Dad who have adore all of his kids and wife. You are lucky to have a wonderful dad. Tell him that I will be praying for him and your family. Hugs

Cheri, I know I havent been in here fora while but as I read this thread. My heart goes out to your wonderful Dad who have adore all of his kids and wife. You are lucky to have a wonderful dad. Tell him that I will be praying for him and your family. Hugs

Thanks horselover. :hug:

:ty: for update, :hug: Cheri

Fast weight loss? Oh my dear... It's good to know that he was take care by wonderful doctors and nurses.

awww it's cute of him to sign "C" and "ily".

It's good idea to teach Dad sign langage. lol

I hope everything goes well for him. :hug:

Yea and he signed "ily" today too. :P And thanks sweetie.

It'll be ok, Sharky, There are wonderful doctors and nurses there that will take good care of my dad. ;)

:aw: That's heart warming. I do hope he won't need surgery for his blood clots.

:aw: That's heart warming. I do hope he won't need surgery for his blood clots.

I don't know anything about surgery for blood clots, but if I mention 'surgery' that was for Crohn's disease, where surgery may be necessary if medicine no longer control the symptom because there's no cure for Crohn's disease. Sorry for the confusion.

The reason he kept getting blood clots in his heart it is because his heart isn't pumping normally and irregular heartbeat. When a heart is pumping like that, the blood can form clots. Blood clots are dangerous because it can travel to the brain and when it does, the blood clot prevent flow of blood to the brain, in another word, it blocks the blood & the flow of oxygen from going through. So, that's why he's taking blood-thinning medications to get rid of the blood clots. I wish he had a heart valve because it helps prevent clots from forming, unfortunately he doesn't have one.

I don't know anything about surgery for blood clots, but if I mention 'surgery' that was for Crohn's disease, where surgery may be necessary if medicine no longer control the symptom because there's no cure for Crohn's disease. Sorry for the confusion.

The reason he kept getting blood clots in his heart it is because his heart isn't pumping normally and irregular heartbeat. When a heart is pumping like that, the blood can form clots. Blood clots are dangerous because it can travel to the brain and when it does, the blood clot prevent flow of blood to the brain, in another word, it blocks the blood & the flow of oxygen from going through. So, that's why he's taking blood-thinning medications to get rid of the blood clots. I wish he had a heart valve because it helps prevent clots from forming, unfortunately he doesn't have one.

I am so sorry to hear that. I will continue praying for your father to get better every day. :hug:

I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers Cheri, I hope your dad heals soon!

As a Daddy's girl, I must admit I just cannot imagine anything happening to my Dad just like you are going through with your Dad.

I'm sending you positive healing thoughts, Cheri and prayers always work.

Is your father on blood thinners?

As a Daddy's girl, I must admit I just cannot imagine anything happening to my Dad just like you are going through with your Dad.

I'm sending you positive healing thoughts, Cheri and prayers always work.
Thanks.

Is your father on blood thinners?

Yes he is, to prevent another stroke.

:hugs: Any update. I wish I was there for you. I remmy your dad well back in July 2007. What a jolly man he is!!!

Back