BAD NEWS: DVD Player = NO (CC) Support!

Hello? I said rare. Geez. It just fortunately someone have right expensive (or not) model that does support so well.

I agreed with you and I have some hope that someone know how to process support or sign up the sheet to bring up the new law to support (CC) for any device to hook up to TV because I have many DVD movies also some of those only support (CC) and I am ran out of luck or perhaps I should do something but problem is I do not know how to start, any suggest?????

I am sorry about that. You need find right model of dvd player that have BUILT-IN CC.

My parents have 3 years old DVD player and work great their HDMI due built-in CC.

I use HDMI for DirecTV DVR and Mac Mini as dvd player and both work great to me.

I think you should check around setting thru your dvd player and find closed caption to enable. Nothing do with TV and HDMI cable. If you can't find anything in setting for dvd player then return your dvd player and find other whatever have built-in CC.

Please tell us the model that you have with (CC) decode build in..... I mean DVD player so I can take a look at online to get idea. Thanks.

What movies do you have that does not support subtitles?

wow, I have 200 movies. I just look around Wal-mart on DVD Player then somehow pop in my head and check some DVD movie and found Spaceball only support (CC) so perhaps there are more movies like this. I rather (CC) and I am happy that you love subtitles. Likely I said as I like freedom.

Noooooooo!

Component does support (CC) depend on device that you have and I guess that I have long story to say....

My friend have 42" Samsung flat TV do not support (CC) for Component but 40" Sony Flat TV support it which I have at my home now with my old DVD player hooked up and watch 480i but the new 2008 DVD do not support (CC) at all with component period. Unless as you get lucky get DVD player that have build in Decode (CC) to hook up that is ridiculous! Why? Because all model do not have all build in. Which is LIMIT!!!!!!!! on model......

You can test TV at store on display on the shelf. The all Display of DVD player do not hook up to TV which you not sure which will support. unless call company or lucky to got one.

anything else?????

Walmart.com: Philips Upconvert DVD Player with DivX, DVP3960/37: DVD Players & Recorders

Happy? Yes, it have built-in CC

I agreed with you and I have some hope that someone know how to process support or sign up the sheet to bring up the new law to support (CC) for any device to hook up to TV because I have many DVD movies also some of those only support (CC) and I am ran out of luck or perhaps I should do something but problem is I do not know how to start, any suggest?????

Television Decoder Circuitry Act of 1990 (TDCA) need update so badly to fix the issue of compatibility with HDTV and digital source (HDMI), also we need new bill to require all movies from DRM to be captioned or subtitled, including on streaming movie, even or need invent new CC decoder set box via HDMI or component cable if not supported via TV built-in.

We are into new HD world now, HDTV is dominant on market since SDTV is getting more smaller, later will phase out and DVD is undergoing to decline like VHS soon due popularity of BD and DRM.

Did you reality own like that?

I had checked on manual.

Closed caption are data that are hidden
in the video signal of some discs.
Captions are different from subtitles
because captions hearing are impaired by
showing the sound effects (e.g., “phone
ringing” and “footsteps”), while subtitles
do not. Before you select this function,
ensure that the disc contains closed
captions information and your TV set
also has this function.

A In ‘Video Setup Page’, press �� �� to
select { Closed Captions }, then press
��.
{ On }
Enable closed caption.
{ Off }
Disable closed caption.
B Use �� �� to select a setting and press
OK to confirm.

It said required to have CC built-in from TV to able to display CC via source, composite, component, HDMI, etc, when DVD player is running.

That means DVD player don't have CC decoder built-in.

Television Decoder Circuitry Act of 1990 (TDCA) need update so badly to fix the issue of compatibility with HDTV and digital source (HDMI), also we need new bill to require all movies from DRM to be captioned or subtitled, including on streaming movie, even or need invent new CC decoder set box via HDMI or component cable if not supported via TV built-in.

We are into new HD world now, HDTV is dominant on market since SDTV is getting more smaller, later will phase out and DVD is undergoing to decline like VHS soon due popularity of BD and DRM.

Yeah, I agreed with you. Technology keep changed but our law are very weak. That's why I am very surprised that DVD Player not support (CC) and I talked to FCC and there no such law for this so I said Damn so what I should do about this and they said need to create a new laws. I am not expert with this. Reason I do this is spread all words to all deaf people all over US or outside to bring us a hope to do something about this. I already send message to NAD to see what happen next.....

I have PS3 and blu-ray is awesome and subtitle is good, I rather have (CC).

I thought that ALL devices are CC decoded due to the LAW that FCC and the government (or whatever ) in USA has submitted but no decoder in DVD Player. Best suggestion to take it back and get a refund - and find a better one with CC decoder built in.

The laws are weak since it was made. Why? Cause USA spoils us so bad that they want us to stay and pay the taxes.

Did you reality own like that?

I had checked on manual.

It said required to have CC built-in from TV to able to display CC via source, composite, component, HDMI, etc, when DVD player is running.

That means DVD player don't have CC decoder built-in.

Do you really believe what guide said? Guide is about dvd player. Why should explain about tv for enable CC? OFC. Guide is not clear but use your brain.

YES IT'S DONE BUILT-IN CC. DON'T MATTER IF I OWN OR NOT.

I just take screenshot from guide about dvd player and look yourself
picture2rg4.png

Yes I am surprised. Hmmm, Now then you have to think in the future and the company decide to stop build the (CC) decode in DVD player because there no law against that and what will you do? We have battle to create the law to keep it and we will have fulfill of entertainment. We still lucky that there some left for now.

Also thank for show me those DVD player plus which way do you hook up to TV cause I am curious. Maybe you did comment then I might miss it. Thanks.

I thought that ALL devices are CC decoded due to the LAW that FCC and the government (or whatever ) in USA has submitted but no decoder in DVD Player. Best suggestion to take it back and get a refund - and find a better one with CC decoder built in.

The Law focus on TV only. NOT DVD Player and they remove the (CC) signal inside the machine to transmits (Sending) to the TV - (CC) decode to make (CC) to work!!!!!!!!

Yes, I agreed with you. The problem is, how should I know that DVD Player have (CC) decode from see on store display or on the box. Also We need to think about future to add the law or maybe they decide to stop (CC) build in... because there NO LAW AGAINST THIS.

The Law focus on TV only. NOT DVD Player and they remove the (CC) signal inside the machine to transmits (Sending) to the TV - (CC) decode to make (CC) to work!!!!!!!!

Yes, I agreed with you. The problem is, how should I know that DVD Player have (CC) decode from see on store display or on the box. Also We need to think about future to add the law or maybe they decide to stop (CC) build in... because there NO LAW AGAINST THIS.

Make a complaint to the FCC or sign a petition to make it a law for you and all.

The laws are weak since it was made. Why? Cause USA spoils us so bad that they want us to stay and pay the taxes.

That's good question.... Cause I am not good in politics that's why. Also I am try find someone know how to process to propose some new law to support to keep (CC) run. I wonder.......

Make a complaint to the FCC or sign a petition to make it a law for you and all.

Yup, I just did. They said we have to get some kind of Lawyer or propose some of information to Congress to create the law. That's how it work told from FCC. Now FYI that FCC just doing the job to follow the required by law and if some device is not following the law then any one can report to FCC. That's it.

Yeah. Thanks and please spread the word about this issue and thanks again.

For me, I wish -- but I am in Australia, but I'm sure there would be more Americans who can read this and spread it over the US, if I live in USA, I'd spread the word for sure!

For me, I wish -- but I am in Australia, but I'm sure there would be more Americans who can read this and spread it over the US, if I live in USA, I'd spread the word for sure!

I understood. No problem mate.

Back