BAD NEWS: DVD Player = NO (CC) Support!

Duskywolf

Reaction score
I purchased brand new 2008 DVD Player with HDMI and Component output. So I hooked up with my 40" Sony Flat TV which have both Digital and Analog in auto mode. So I decide to use HDMI direct to TV from DVD and the result is No Closed Caption then I went on internet check it out. I found out that HDMI do not support CC then I switched from HDMI to Component to see the result, no (CC) again. Now I getting confused because I have old Panasonic DVD player do support (CC) through component. I decided to call Sony tech support and explain the situation then guess what? They said that decided to not support (CC) because of subtitle. I told them some disc support subtitle but some do not support it and only (CC) how possible I enjoy DVD that only support (CC)? I just talked to Panasonic on VP and said same thing. I think it's time to spread the word to all deaf people to do something about this. Subtitle not always great than (CC) because I just found out that my new Sony 40" TV do have option on modify (CC) style as you wanted that which cool thing I experience. Also (CC) support input such as cable, AVI, Component, and now this sound weird even on HDMI too. (sigh) I am not sure where to start to support to make new law for this. Some of you might know how process this. Please make a suggest and I am all eyes. Psst! Blu-Ray have awesome detail video than regular DVD but most of them support subtitle and in my option, I rather (CC) so I can modify my own style such as color, size, font, background box, shadow, and more from my new TV. Weird thing I catch in my own eye on Blu-Ray case said Subtitle and (CC) and my question is HOW this work because of HDMI.

I want to say to all of you, Thank you for read this message, I am tell you that I am movie lover and geez.... subtitle, phtttt, I rather (CC).
Please feel free comment your own feel about this situation or your experince too. Thanks too..........

I purchased brand new 2008 DVD Player with HDMI and Component output. So I hooked up with my 40" Sony Flat TV which have both Digital and Analog in auto mode. So I decide to use HDMI direct to TV from DVD and the result is No Closed Caption then I went on internet check it out. I found out that HDMI do not support CC then I switched from HDMI to Component to see the result, no (CC) again. Now I getting confused because I have old Panasonic DVD player do support (CC) through component. I decided to call Sony tech support and explain the situation then guess what? They said that decided to not support (CC) because of subtitle. I told them some disc support subtitle but some do not support it and only (CC) how possible I enjoy DVD that only support (CC)? I just talked to Panasonic on VP and said same thing. I think it's time to spread the word to all deaf people to do something about this. Subtitle not always great than (CC) because I just found out that my new Sony 40" TV do have option on modify (CC) style as you wanted that which cool thing I experience. Also (CC) support input such as cable, AVI, Component, and now this sound weird even on HDMI too. (sigh) I am not sure where to start to support to make new law for this. Some of you might know how process this. Please make a suggest and I am all eyes. Psst! Blu-Ray have awesome detail video than regular DVD but most of them support subtitle and in my option, I rather (CC) so I can modify my own style such as color, size, font, background box, shadow, and more from my new TV. Weird thing I catch in my own eye on Blu-Ray case said Subtitle and (CC) and my question is HOW this work because of HDMI.

I want to say to all of you, Thank you for read this message, I am tell you that I am movie lover and geez.... subtitle, phtttt, I rather (CC).
Please feel free comment your own feel about this situation or your experince too. Thanks too..........

I am sorry about that. You need find right model of dvd player that have BUILT-IN CC.

My parents have 3 years old DVD player and work great their HDMI due built-in CC.

I use HDMI for DirecTV DVR and Mac Mini as dvd player and both work great to me.

I think you should check around setting thru your dvd player and find closed caption to enable. Nothing do with TV and HDMI cable. If you can't find anything in setting for dvd player then return your dvd player and find other whatever have built-in CC.

There should be subtitles in DVDs. When you put in a DVD disc, look for "Setup" or "Subtitles" within the main menu.

You don't get it....

Some movie do not have subtitle and only have (CC) then what you do now?

for that - i usually connect it to Composite channel in tv since tv's got CC

I am sorry about that. You need find right model of dvd player that have BUILT-IN CC.

My parents have 3 years old DVD player and work great their HDMI due built-in CC.

I use HDMI for DirecTV DVR and Mac Mini as dvd player and both work great to me.

I think you should check around setting thru your dvd player and find closed caption to enable. Nothing do with TV and HDMI cable. If you can't find anything in setting for dvd player then return your dvd player and find other whatever have built-in CC.

Yes I know and not all of them have build in CC. That's mean you satisfied only few model than have more choice model? Nah.... I would like do something than limit model. Gotcha?

Now tell me how much cost for those model that you purchased? Also we do want freedom choices. Remember since England limit us for some reason then we the people moved to new land and freedom called America. So we do the same we fight back for our freedom for CC. Not Passive to them.

Thank you.

Yes I know and not all of them have build in CC. That's mean you satisfied only few model than have more choice model? Nah.... I would like do something than limit model. Gotcha?

Now tell me how much cost for those model that you purchased? Also we do want freedom choices. Remember since England limit us for some reason then we the people moved to new land and freedom called America. So we do the same we fight back for our freedom for CC. Not Passive to them.

Thank you.

Freedom Choices like what? Almost all dvd players are same. Just brand as it's work great. DVD player cost around $50 in anywhere. I am very satisfied as it's work.

Tell me what exactly you want do with dvd player?

Get Mac Mini and you can watch DVD movies with CC, not hard to do it.

Apple DVD Player support CC built-in with full customize.

Basiclly, HDMI or Component Video will not carry CC to be appear on ANY display. S-Video and Composit Video do support to show awesome old crap CC.

It's very rare DVD player will support during 480i (have to set that way!) on HDMI/Component. Why? It's damn DVD that support much as 480i only! Anyway.... Vary DVD player's setting come with CC enable/disable feature. That's all I knowledge about...

Freedom Choices like what? Almost all dvd players are same. Just brand as it's work great. DVD player cost around $50 in anywhere. I am very satisfied as it's work.

Tell me what exactly you want do with dvd player?

Okay, Here how it work, they eliminated line 21 which transmit (CC) signal to TV to make (CC) functioning (work). The Company think subtitle is good enough. My option is No. Now then think about you cannot control over white subtitles on white background if occur. (CC) can do more than what you see.

Now you miss the point, I just brought 80 bucks for 2008 Sony DVD player. No (CC) support. Samsung and Panasonic do the same. Why? There no law against it. That's why.....

Basiclly, HDMI or Component Video will not carry CC to be appear on ANY display. S-Video and Composit Video do support to show awesome old crap CC.

It's very rare DVD player will support during 480i (have to set that way!) on HDMI/Component. Why? It's damn DVD that support much as 480i only! Anyway.... Vary DVD player's setting come with CC enable/disable feature. That's all I knowledge about...

Noooooooo!

Component does support (CC) depend on device that you have and I guess that I have long story to say....

My friend have 42" Samsung flat TV do not support (CC) for Component but 40" Sony Flat TV support it which I have at my home now with my old DVD player hooked up and watch 480i but the new 2008 DVD do not support (CC) at all with component period. Unless as you get lucky get DVD player that have build in Decode (CC) to hook up that is ridiculous! Why? Because all model do not have all build in. Which is LIMIT!!!!!!!! on model......

You can test TV at store on display on the shelf. The all Display of DVD player do not hook up to TV which you not sure which will support. unless call company or lucky to got one.

anything else?????

Get Mac Mini and you can watch DVD movies with CC, not hard to do it.

Apple DVD Player support CC built-in with full customize.

Come on! 500 bucks for Mini Mac. I rather have a simple DVD player that all. Thank for let me know about it.

Noooooooo!

Component does support (CC) depend on device that you have and I guess that I have long story to say....

My friend have 42" Samsung flat TV do not support (CC) for Component but 40" Sony Flat TV support it which I have at my home now with my old DVD player hooked up and watch 480i but the new 2008 DVD do not support (CC) at all with component period. Unless as you get lucky get DVD player that have build in Decode (CC) to hook up that is ridiculous! Why? Because all model do not have all build in. Which is LIMIT!!!!!!!! on model......

You can test TV at store on display on the shelf. The all Display of DVD player do not hook up to TV which you not sure which will support. unless call company or lucky to got one.

anything else?????

Hello? I said rare. Geez. It just fortunately someone have right expensive (or not) model that does support so well.

Back