AZ immigration Bill Working

TXgolfer

Dream Weaver
Premium Member
Reaction score
FOXNews.com - Obama to Deploy Up to 1,200 National Guard Troops to U.S.-Mexico Border

Obama to Deploy Up to 1,200 National Guard Troops to U.S.-Mexico Border

President Obama told Senate Republicans Tuesday that he's read the controversial Arizona immigration law and is concerned it would allow for discrimination -- but is planning to deploy up to 1,200 National Guard troops to the U.S.-Mexico border to allay security concerns.

An administration official confirmed to Fox News that Obama plans to request $500 million for "enhanced border protection and law enforcement" and deploy the National Guard troops as needed.

The official said the National Guard would be used to "provide intelligence; surveillance and reconnaissance support; intelligence analysis; immediate support to counternarcotics enforcement; and training capacity until Customs and Border Patrol can recruit and train additional officers and agents to serve on the border."

Mission Accomplished????

1. all those resource is not going to Arizona exclusively
2. Mission Accomplished? It's sad that Obama has to tout that candy just to get Republican Party back on board in order to pass the new federal immigration reform... the one that GOP continued to ignore for past few administrations
3. $500 million? So we do have money after all?

FOXNews.com - Obama to Deploy Up to 1,200 National Guard Troops to U.S.-Mexico Border

Obama to Deploy Up to 1,200 National Guard Troops to U.S.-Mexico Border

President Obama told Senate Republicans Tuesday that he's read the controversial Arizona immigration law and is concerned it would allow for discrimination -- but is planning to deploy up to 1,200 National Guard troops to the U.S.-Mexico border to allay security concerns.

An administration official confirmed to Fox News that Obama plans to request $500 million for "enhanced border protection and law enforcement" and deploy the National Guard troops as needed.

The official said the National Guard would be used to "provide intelligence; surveillance and reconnaissance support; intelligence analysis; immediate support to counternarcotics enforcement; and training capacity until Customs and Border Patrol can recruit and train additional officers and agents to serve on the border."

Mission Accomplished????

2000 miles of our southern border. That's almost 1 National Guard for every 2 miles. How many miles of it is actually porous or have a weak link in it?

Nah, he borrowed it from China

That's Obama's answer. Spend. Borrow. Spend. Borrow. Where can we get more money? Why, of course, borrow! Here's your credit card. Max it out. Come back to me and I'll give you another one.

Yeah. Smart, economical move there.

Can't blame Obama. Blame the politicians who want votes. They're all in it for the money. Vote for McCain, and they will expand the military machine. Vote for Obama, he will expand government programs. It's a lose-lose situation until you guys get rid of the two-party system.

All they care about is their careers. Not the actual people.

Can't blame Obama. Blame the politicians who want votes. They're all in it for the money. Vote for McCain, and they will expand the military machine. Vote for Obama, he will expand government programs. It's a lose-lose situation until you guys get rid of the two-party system.

BOOM!

Dead on!

:werd:

:gpost:

BOOM!

Dead on!

And unfortunately, the American public don't see why they should vote for independent parties. So the Americans brought it upon themselves, sadly.

How am I suppose to be sympathetic toward Republican or Democrat voters? At least the Libertarian, Communist, Green Party and so on are worth sympathizing with.

And unfortunately, the American public don't see why they should vote for independent parties. So the Americans brought it upon themselves, sadly.

How am I suppose to be sympathetic toward Republican or Democrat voters? At least the Libertarian, Communist, Green Party and so on are worth sympathizing with.

When I was growing up I was taught that if you don't vote R or D you are wasting your vote. A lot of people are starting to question that flawed mentality but I think we are still a long way from getting rid of it.

2000 miles of our southern border. That's almost 1 National Guard for every 2 miles. How many miles of it is actually porous or have a weak link in it?
And then:
That's Obama's answer. Spend. Borrow. Spend. Borrow. Where can we get more money? Why, of course, borrow! Here's your credit card. Max it out. Come back to me and I'll give you another one.

Yeah. Smart, economical move there.
So, would it be better if he did nothing? Or if he did more? :shock:

Seems you called him out a bit for not responding to this "invasion" but now that he has moved some troops down there, he is wasteful. Good one. Wait until your Chosen Party has command of this situation. I would guess everything they try will be gold in your eyes. *shrugs*

When I was growing up I was taught that if you don't vote R or D you are wasting your vote. A lot of people are starting to question that flawed mentality but I think we are still a long way from getting rid of it.

Yup, that's true.

GLBT rights is one of my most priority so I have vote anybody whoever is strong GLBT rights, especially democrats.

Seems you called him out a bit for not responding to this "invasion" but now that he has moved some troops down there, he is wasteful. Good one. Wait until your Chosen Party has command of this situation. I would guess everything they try will be gold in your eyes. *shrugs*

LOL, he loves to point his finger at Obama at all time.

What he's doing is a band-aid solution. 1200 troops for 2000 miles of border? They need to do something more concrete and in writing, like, declare a national emergency and put more than enough troops very close to the border and not 60 miles away where it does no good. And we need to have authority to grant the power to arrest as well (e.g. ICE) and expand on that. Go for the full gamut and while we're at it. Improve the fencing and security. Something that's concrete knowing it can stop the bleeding right there and keep the pressure on for the next few decades so we can recover from this.

As for money, he spent $1.7 trillion dollars over budget on what? Where's the return? The kind of money that should be spent ought to come from from our already Congressionally approved budgeted amount by increasing the allocated amount for border security and control. Something that should have been done starting a few decades ago. A bunch of weasel-assed, wimp listed politicians on both sides who have concerns only for his/her own political future and not America's.

Obama needs to decide (and that goes for future presidents) on how to properly protect our border not just for a few months but for the planning of a few decades in really tightening up so we can hear Mexico cry "Uncle!" Want to enter? Please do so legally.

Back