average weekly commute ?

deafclimber

Reaction score
what is your average weekly commute ?

my average weekly communte is 320 miles excluding rock climbing travels.

Mine varies. Most of my daily work commutes are 38 miles. My church commutes are 25 miles each, three times a week. My other driving is for shopping, doctor appointments, and familiy activities (bowling, Aquarium, beach, etc.). This week I drove about 200 miles.

I work 4 times a week in the foothills, which is about 10 miles from my home. So that means 20 miles roundtrip, times 4, equals to 80 miles.

Then there is my another job, I go 3 times per week, and its only like half miles from my home... so, additional 3 miles per week, coming to a total of 83 miles per week for commuiting only.

kj75, whoa that is pretty low. hopefully my future home that i ll move in this march or aprl will be more close to my office. i would be in heaven if i ride bike to work daily.

300 miles a week for work alone only - on weekends, between 100 to 500 miles depending on where Im heading out - I usually head out to either coast or mtn. Tmrw I am heading out to the beach for the weekend so that will be about 600 miles this week :(

I long for a Honda Civic Hybrid!!!!!!!!!!!

PS After this weekend, I will not be making any long drives on weekends unless it is a must - got to cut down on driving cos it is 2.59 here. This morning, my car was running VERY low on gas tank so I barely made it to work. :shock:

deafclimber said:
kj75, whoa that is pretty low. hopefully my future home that i ll move in this march or aprl will be more close to my office. i would be in heaven if i ride bike to work daily.

true, however I dont have a bike myself. I could ride bike to my second job though since its not that far off. On weekends, I do drive like 28 miles each way to go hiking and all that, so its not like I am so strict with gas mileages and all. The prices for gas here in Utah is 1,39$ for regular. Not too happy with it but oh well, not much I can do about it.

I commute about 56 miles a week on Monday to Friday by car to work

plus commute by foot about 6 miles a week to work

Yes, I have 2 jobs. :)

sequoias said:
I commute about 56 miles a week on Monday to Friday by car to work

plus commute by foot about 6 miles a week to work

Yes, I have 2 jobs. :)

nice ! your communte is very low !

Meg said:
300 miles a week for work alone only - on weekends, between 100 to 500 miles depending on where Im heading out - I usually head out to either coast or mtn. Tmrw I am heading out to the beach for the weekend so that will be about 600 miles this week :(

yea i can relate with that ! cuz it depends on where i go on the weekends like gone to NC or KY or AL or TN for climbing... one way up to 300 miles. if i am in GREAT mood to climb on big walls i wud go up to 600 miles like from here to WV for only weekend. i know it wastes but rock climbings inspire me every time i go plus i love socializing with those down to earth n humble climbers in different places. we always share one thing which is rock climbing ! endless sharing...

PS: meg, enjoy ur trip and get yourself fried on beach. ;)

kuifje75 said:
true, however I dont have a bike myself. I could ride bike to my second job though since its not that far off. On weekends, I do drive like 28 miles each way to go hiking and all that, so its not like I am so strict with gas mileages and all. The prices for gas here in Utah is 1,39$ for regular. Not too happy with it but oh well, not much I can do about it.

ahh that is too bad... you can ask your sweetheart for bike as christmas gift. christmas is coming up soonER ! :)

You guys nothing to me. My work daily is about 4.1 each way plus errands. About 65 miles a week. Right now due to the gas prices, that would minus 41 miles for me to take a bus for 50cents each route. Then my total answer for my car is about approx 25 miles weekly....

mld4ds said:
You guys nothing to me. My work daily is about 4.1 each way plus errands. About 65 miles a week. Right now due to the gas prices, that would minus 41 miles for me to take a bus for 50cents each route. Then my total answer for my car is about approx 25 miles weekly....

ah image that you live in atlanta... one fare for riding the bus or subway would charge ya $1.75. but you are lucky to have cheap fare in ur town so you better not say "you guys nothing to me." ;)

When the classes start (that will be on 31st), I will make two days commute to my university from my mother's home which is (14 miles roundtrip) therefore 26 miles for two roundtrip to my university weekly. Every Friday I will commute to various beaches but all should be less than 10 miles (the joy of living inland) thus, 26 plus 10 equals 36 miles weekly...

Then the "owie" start when I have to commute every other night to my husband's home ( I stay at my mother's home when I have classes... the traffic from my husband's home is HOR-RIBLE!) ... we live 20 miles apart so I will say I probably commute to his home three nights a week (weekends may be varied)... three times 20 = 60 miles...

36 plus 60 equals 96 miles just for university and two homes. Not even included the deaf nights/events, friends' home, grocery shopping in Hillcrest, gas stations, and trips to my VR office... ARGH!

96 miles weekly minimum. And the gas price this week average for San Diego County is $2.89

Ouch.

Reba said:
Mine varies. Most of my daily work commutes are 38 miles. My church commutes are 25 miles each, three times a week. My other driving is for shopping, doctor appointments, and familiy activities (bowling, Aquarium, beach, etc.). This week I drove about 200 miles.
My work schedule just increased. I will commute about 228 miles per week for work.

Work: 228
Church: 75
Personal: 50

Total: 353

deafclimber said:
ah image that you live in atlanta... one fare for riding the bus or subway would charge ya $1.75. but you are lucky to have cheap fare in ur town so you better not say "you guys nothing to me." ;)

Well, I do have a disabled metro ID...

I also add the mileage for some fun in metro city on weekend... Approx 100 miles depends on our agenda..

work.....60 miles a week
communte includes trip, etc etc... (frankly 300 to 500 miles a week) depend on where i go to.

so average total is 560 miles a week or 1,900 to 2,200 miles a month *thud* am thinking of getting hybrid.. since they're 65 mpg on highways. and i travel most on highways than cities.

and i travel to ATV trails with my truck.. which is 11 to 15 mpg

my car is 23 mpg..

Before I became a full-time mom a month ago I put 110 miles a week.

Hey.. beat this. I have to commute to work, 80 miles a DAY, so that comes up to 400 miles a week (sheesh! I didn't even realize it was THAT high).

Plus, I hve to pay the bridge toll which is $4 every time you across, bringing it to 8 dollars a day

Then the drive itself takes about three hours total, if I'm lucky, and up to 5 on a bad traffic day.

SIGH.

I NEED to move.

Back