I dont think we have technology to turn people into aliens!

But thanks for letting me know - I may just have to wait until its released on DVD to watch it.

Actually, with genes/DNA coding, etc...it can be possible but very VERY complicated. and that kind of technology won't be happening anytime soon lol.

We already have the technology for cloning years ago, aye?

Actually, with genes/DNA coding, etc...it can be possible but very VERY complicated. and that kind of technology won't be happening anytime soon lol.

We already have the technology for cloning years ago, aye?

Agreed. We have some of this tech already. We do not however have the tech to link the neural activity from a living body to a cloned host.. yet. The time frame this was set up in is about 150+ years from now. Think back to what our tech level was 50 years ago, 100 years ago, and then 150 years back. I can see that we reach this stage of development if we are motivated, and the storyline places that ore as one huge financial motivator.
As for if I liked the movie.. I would sum it up in one phrase “Bad-Ass on a epic scale”. The visual art is worth going to see it alone, even if you can’t understand what is said, you understand what is happening. Yes, I too feel that it leaned very heavy on the Native American culture and the history of what happened to their people, but I feel it is in good taste. It shows a physical bond that the Native American’s have on a emotional level with the land. I also feel it shows that we as a society is often blinded by greed of our own personal gain when if we sat back, we could learn far greater things from those “less developed”.

Personally I just got a chance to see it last night, and am going to go see it again sometime this week. I would love to see this at home, but fear the home 3D is just not to par and would detract from the movie a bit. If you have not seen it yet, go see it in the theaters, infact if you can, see it in IMAX. The 3D was so good that there are moments I felt I was in that environment myself and even found myself swatting at some of the bugs or thinking some of the embers are going to fall on me...

:thumb: My hubby and I have seen it two days ago in 3D and loves it. Awesome movie! We will watch it again soon. I have just join as an Avatar fan in FB. :D

Also Sam Worthington (main actor in Avatar) is an English born aussie from Perth, Western Australia where SG & I lives. He grew up in the beachside suburb of Rockingham where I sometimes goes to swim. Glad that there are more good actors from Perth just like Heath Ledger. :thumb:

I would like to watch the movie Avatar, I'll wait until it come out on dvd. :)

I would like to watch the movie Avatar, I'll wait until it come out on dvd. :)

Its better on a big screen in the cinema with 3D unless you got a very big TV. It like so real in 3D. Its awesome!

Its better on a big screen in the cinema with 3D unless you got a very big TV. It like so real in 3D. Its awesome!

X2!

Don't wait for it to come out on DVD so you can understand the dialog. The storyline is weak and you're not missing much anyway. You need to have the 3D and huge screen experience!

X2!

Don't wait for it to come out on DVD so you can understand the dialog. The storyline is weak and you're not missing much anyway. You need to have the 3D and huge screen experience!

x3..

This movie is amazing in 3d, huge.. go IMAX.. it is worth it. I am going tonight to see it again with my mother that is HoH'ing as well. She tends not to go to movies due to the fact she can't read lips as well on the big screen as she can in person. despite that, I am dragging her to it.. :thumb:

Besides, it's name is so close to mine!
(p.s. I have had this gamer tag since the 80's after a game/book series called Ultima)

Plus sales from DVD....

It has a potential to hit between $1.5 to $2 billions dollars in total sales.

What a huge victory and profit for James Cameron, 20th Century Fox and investors!
DVD?

This movie has yet to hit the DVD shelves just yet

LOL yeah but then I got either of 32" or 42" tv to watch at home and it is big enough. :)

I am speaking of the total sales which comes from box offices, DVD, video games and etc.

It's going to be way more than that. The movie at the box office alone may actually beat Titanic which holds the record at $1.8 billion. Titanic made a hell lot more on the VHS and DVD format as well.

It's mind-boggling how James Cameron managed to do this not once, but twice. Of course, that's if it does happen.

It's going to be way more than that. The movie at the box office alone may actually beat Titanic which holds the record at $1.8 billion. Titanic made a hell lot more on the VHS and DVD format as well.

It's mind-boggling how James Cameron managed to do this not once, but twice. Of course, that's if it does happen.

What did it cost to produce this film?

What did it cost to produce this film?

Well, there are reports claiming it's anywhere from $250 to $300 million. However, there was even a report claiming that it was $500 million which is unlikely.

Well, there are reports claiming it's anywhere from $250 to $300 million. However, there was even a report claiming that it was $500 million which is unlikely.

Even if it was a half billion, apparently there's no worries about breaking even, at least. Wow....

I'm guessing that a huge chunk of the production cost went into marketing. Obviously it's paying off. The marketing promised something, and the movie is delivering it. I don't think if it had been as heavily hyped and marketed worldwide it would be doing as well right now. The movie is great, but it's not great enough that it would have generated such interest on its own merit. James Cameron's true talent is not movie making, but risk analysis, LOL.

I'm guessing that a huge chunk of the production cost went into marketing. Obviously it's paying off. The marketing promised something, and the movie is delivering it. I don't think if it had been as heavily hyped and marketed worldwide it would be doing as well right now. The movie is great, but it's not great enough that it would have generated such interest on its own merit. James Cameron's true talent is not movie making, but risk analysis, LOL.

Actually, the costs of marketing has no place in a production budget. They are two separate budgets. I'm betting that is why people made the claim that the movie had a budget of $500 million when in fact it didn't. It was both the production and marketing budgets combined. Considering how heavily marketed it was, I wouldn't be surprised if they had a budget of at least $150 million.

James Cameron grew up in Chippawa, nearby Niagara Falls in Ontario, Canada. He's basically a local celebrity around here in the Niagara region.

Even if it was a half billion, apparently there's no worries about breaking even, at least. Wow....

Yeah, I'm sure the executives at Fox are dancing right now because they've managed to make a billion dollars in 17 days. This is good news to them because that means they will reap more from the theatres in its first month.

You see, every week go by, the percentage of revenue will be reduced allowing the theatre owners to make more money balancing out the ratio later in its run.

Back