"Audism Unveiled" Film on DVD

web730

Reaction score
"Audism Unveiled" Film on DVD

[yt]pRu0t-f30VU[/yt]

Details and Order online at: Go Shopping

Nice way to make a point, don't you think?

Yeah! ASL ASL ASL! :D

Yet I think $29.99 for this DVD is quite expensive... just 57 minutes but think it might be due to the low demand.

Yeah! ASL ASL ASL! :D

Yet I think $29.99 for this DVD is quite expensive... just 57 minutes but think it might be due to the low demand.

Probably low demand combined with high production costs. Shame. The audists really should be mailed a copy for free. They are in dire need of the information!:giggle:

Interesting, the package says it has no audio.

No Audio - but it has both english and spanish subtitles ( making it accessible to those who don't ASL )

Often videos without sound are explicitly labelled as such - otherwise hearing people crank the sound on their tvs and think that the DVD is defective somehow. The Signing Naturally Series is a well known example of this (explicit labeling) .

HTH

I want to get it...I am against audism!

Me, too... for the most parts, actually.

She said it contains two hours so I think the price is worth it.

Ok...will look into it. Thanks for sharing it!

The audists really should be mailed a copy for free. They are in dire need of the information!

I'm surprised there have been very few reviews of this dvd. Is it because only a few saw it.. or it's just not a dvd that inspires the average viewer into discussing it?

Perhaps I'm answering my own question here, :lol: I'm VERY interested in seeing/getting the dvd.. haven't yet due to the price but a good part is also due to wanting more reviews before going ahead and buying it.

Reason for my interest is being the only deaf in the whole family, being mainstreamed(there WAS a tone of 'being like hearing people is a good thing!, ASL BAD'.. unfortunately bought into that.. have seen the light since then though!) and currently having nearly all hearing friends(dearly would love to make new/more deaf friends..).. so um, had quite a lot of frustrations growing up.. As a result just the title hits me really hard, but would like to know if the content is as 'hard hitting' as the title or not. Would it be of interest to someone with an experience similar to mine growing up?

I want! Unfortunately, I'm broke at the moment. :hmm:

I think having no audio is a great way to make a point! Unfortunately I wish I could could see it though. :scatter:

Have an idea....... viewing parties! Find out if someone local to you has it then get a bunch of people together and watch it.. if it's as hard hitting as the title and imagery on dvd cover, it would make for a lively discussion afterwards.

Or buy the dvd and have a party..... if it's as powerful as the few reviewers say it is, then more people need to see it!

Have an idea....... viewing parties! Find out if someone local to you has it then get a bunch of people together and watch it.. if it's as hard hitting as the title and imagery on dvd cover, it would make for a lively discussion afterwards.

Or buy the dvd and have a party..... if it's as powerful as the few reviewers say it is, then more people need to see it!

Great idea. :yesway: And there could be a tactile terp for the DB viwers. :giggle:

Agree - viewing parties good idea! I want this DVD also- maybe Chanukkah present for me...

Not only want it because of the subject but I also love Spanish as well as ASL.

Back