Asteroid Headed Toward Mars

Yup, that's right.

There's many thing that has been predicting about what happen, sometime it's nothing to be happen, such as earth shift or others.

Not all people who make predictions are scientists. There were a bunch of people predicting that the world was going to end in 2000. Of course, the world didn't explode. Those weren't scientists.

The scientists who are talking about the possibility of that asteroid impacting onto Mars give specific numbers for the chance it'll happen and updating the number as they make more observations and discover the asteroid in archives of images and refine the orbit of the asteroid.

Here, there is an animation showing how the asteroid's path and chance for impact had been adjusted when new information comes in.

Not all people who make predictions are scientists. There were a bunch of people predicting that the world was going to end in 2000. Of course, the world didn't explode. Those weren't scientists.

The scientists who are talking about the possibility of that asteroid impacting onto Mars give specific numbers for the chance it'll happen and updating the number as they make more observations and discover the asteroid in archives of images and refine the orbit of the asteroid.

Here, there is an animation showing how the asteroid's path and chance for impact had been adjusted when new information comes in.

Oh, I understand about that, that's alot of explanation, thanks.

My apology about labeled as hoax but I'm really can't understand at first place, I just better to wait and see about what happens.

Yup, that's right.

There's many thing that has been predicting about what happen, sometime it's nothing to be happen, such as earth shift or others.

It make me think if you believe that NASA are hoax as men never been on moon. Is that correct?

I still believe men were on moon. One small step, one giant leap.

It make me think if you believe that NASA are hoax as men never been on moon. Is that correct?

I still believe men were on moon. One small step, one giant leap.

No, I don't think that NASA are hoax, I was thought about other people than NASA until I found from wikipedia then stated about Mars was from NASA, I made mistake for thought about other people, even other scientist.

I do know that 3 men has been on moon in 1970.

Good news for Martians

Yesterday, astronomers watching the rock in orbit between our planet and Mars say the chances it will hit Mars has dropped from 3.6% to 2.5%, so it's now a 97.5% chance it will miss this time around.

It's a miss!

According to a NSA update on Jan 9, 2008, "scientists at JPL's Near-Earth Object Office have further refined the trajectory estimate for asteroid 2007 WD5 and ruled out any possibility of a Mars impact on Jan. 30.

"The latest trajectory plot of the asteroid was made possible by adding to previously obtained data some new data from a round of observations acquired by three observatories on the evenings of Jan. 5 through 8. Based on this latest analysis, the odds for the asteroid impacting Mars on Jan. 30 are 0.0 percent."

When it comes our turn for the next large asteroid or comet heading our way, I hope we're as lucky.

I'm sure it would have been pretty interesting to see that happen.

Totally agree Chase, I also hope earth will be as lucky as Mars is if such a situation may come..

I hope the asteroids miss Mars and hopefully in the future if we happen to have asteroids coming our way. I pray that the asteroids will miss us on Earth, too. I was thinking about the Big Bang many centuries ago before the Earth was made. That was what the scientists said years ago. Let hope we don't have the end of the world scenerios, eh? Beside, we are having problems with our world, Earth, like wars, air pollutions and strange diseases. Are our world being destroying by our own people right here?

I hope the asteroids miss Mars and hopefully in the future if we happen to have asteroids coming our way. I pray that the asteroids will miss us on Earth, too. I was thinking about the Big Bang many centuries ago before the Earth was made. That was what the scientists said years ago. Let hope we don't have the end of the world scenerios, eh? Beside, we are having problems with our world, Earth, like wars, air pollutions and strange diseases. Are our world being destroying by our own people right here?

I thought Earth is already destroying.

Back