Ask Mr VanG

VanG

Reaction score
Hey ADers! My name is VanG. I am the dog groomer, work with Vet, works with court witness based on abused dogs, service dogs, and works with animals for over 14 years. So ask me anything based on health, breeds, what kind of dog you for you and family, price and stuff. I might have many news about products for your 4-legs kids like new advantage called PRO-MagO and stuff like that.

Do you do dog grooming shows? I did grooming with Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier and got 2nd places!! :)

Yes, I did in 4 group- Wild contest for coloring poodle in Groomer show in Texas few years ago. I also did non-sport group and did sport group like America Cocker spaniel. and last group I did was called groomer mobile contest with client's dog (Bichon Frise.) Then I hadn't attend for a while due of busy season. I really need to go anyway.

That's neat!! ...Unfortunately, I don't own any dogs but I do have 8 indoor cats ( 4 aduts and 4 kittens ) , 1 outdoor cat that doesn't belong to us but we feed him everyday cause no one else is taken care of this poor cat, during the winter we made a nice bedding in the garage for him too...We used to feed a few more cats that were found roaming in our yard but haven't seen them for long time now :( ....Anyways I've noticed you posted only dogs don't you do cats too?....

That's neat!! ...Unfortunately, I don't own any dogs but I do have 8 indoor cats ( 4 aduts and 4 kittens ) , 1 outdoor cat that doesn't belong to us but we feed him everyday cause no one else is taken care of this poor cat, during the winter we made a nice bedding in the garage for him too...We used to feed a few more cats that were found roaming in our yard but haven't seen them for long time now :( ....Anyways I've noticed you posted only dogs don't you do cats too?....

Yes I do the cat domestic and wild (sedate) That dog's name is Molly and my daughter rescued that dog from other family's neglect. Smile

Yes, I did in 4 group- Wild contest for coloring poodle in Groomer show in Texas few years ago. I also did non-sport group and did sport group like America Cocker spaniel. and last group I did was called groomer mobile contest with client's dog (Bichon Frise.) Then I hadn't attend for a while due of busy season. I really need to go anyway.

Cool

Me love grooming with Standard Poodle ;)

Hi, VanG!

My family has two dogs - a Great Dane and a Rhodesian Ridgeback. Are all Great Danes so lazy? Our Great Dane almost is in a coma on a sofa! :laugh2:

Mr Vang,

All white cats (no black spots) with blue eyes tend to be deaf?

I'm ex breeder of bulldogs and loves roam spend time loving cares...

Im no longer breeder of bulldogs due my 4th preggy.. and have not much spend time w/bulldogs.. I've sold some of bulldogs and new home..
Now I still have one bulldog w/me.

What make your screen name VanG Is that your name?
Since when you fall in love become groomer of dogs..?

Cool

Me love grooming with Standard Poodle ;)

Me too. Better than toy poodle with tiny paws to be shave. Standard poodle are more mellow than toy poodle all whining all the way to the end of grooming.

Hi, VanG!

My family has two dogs - a Great Dane and a Rhodesian Ridgeback. Are all Great Danes so lazy? Our Great Dane almost is in a coma on a sofa! :laugh2:

Great Dane is under working group in AKC. I learned that Great Dane must be spirited, courageous, always friendly and dependable, and never timid or aggressive. When I work with Great Dane or boarding Great Dane, I know you are speaking truth! Most of them laid down when I gave them a bath and made my back stiff!!! Won't stand up for me to dry them off. When I take them to their room or kennel, the first they do is flop on the floor and enjoy their dream. So I will say most of Great Dane are so lazy but few of them aren't! :giggle:

Mr Vang,

All white cats (no black spots) with blue eyes tend to be deaf?

Felis silvestris catus AKA domestic cat. If that cat is under domestic cat. Here is what I know. I have been seeing many blue-eyed cats with perfect hearing. But white cats with blue eyes do have slightly higher chance of genetic deafness than white cats of other eye colors. I think you can research on Wikipedia for cat. However most of white cat are good and tempered except brushing the cat by getting off on wrong side of bed.

Hope that help you.

I'm ex breeder of bulldogs and loves roam spend time loving cares...

Im no longer breeder of bulldogs due my 4th preggy.. and have not much spend time w/bulldogs.. I've sold some of bulldogs and new home..
Now I still have one bulldog w/me.

What make your screen name VanG Is that your name?
Since when you fall in love become groomer of dogs..?

VanG is my classic family name. It is just short name.

I love to work with animals and enjoy the art of grooming dogs and help people understand how to take care of it. Plus advice them what is best for them to have dogs. My families' history have been in field of animals so that is how I got a gift from my families and God. Not only groomer, I do vet tech, also help with rescue animals, go to court for witness based on abuse animals. My favorite career about animals field is traveling for grooming show. It was so fun and benefit for me. My least favorite career- the one I hate most is put animals to sleep. That is the career I held in high pride and I love to share my knowledge to people who want to learn about animals to take care of it. I realized that Deaf people don't get enough information so I thought why not I help deaf people to learn more benefits. Philip is also groomer. So we are team to help all ADers get more informations.

About Bulldog. You did the right thing! I learned from Vet's magazine about bulldog. Bulldog as today as they are getting generic problem in heart and body failure when they reached up to 7 years which I am so shock. Vets are researching how to find the problem. That happened since summer. Wow!

Hope that help you. BTW- I am sooo happy for you with your preg. I am so exciting about you.

If I want my Ragdoll to be groomed or washed by dog grooming business. Will they take my cat on as client?

If I want my Ragdoll to be groomed or washed by dog grooming business. Will they take my cat on as client?

Most of grooming business does take cat as client. I am positive sure in your state, they offer cat as a client. Just make sure the groomer's experience with cat are positive then you will be fine. My suggestion is to take cat to any vet clinic that provide grooming (cut and bath) for cat are more safer than Corp grooming or private grooming. I do a lot of cat at vet. Most of cats are sedated for me to shave all over to keep the cat in safe status. Private grooming business doesn't sedated unless if they have license to do so. The cat without sedated can be grooming if the cat are mellow and calm with no nervous whack.

Hope that help you...

About Bulldog. You did the right thing! I learned from Vet's magazine about bulldog. Bulldog as today as they are getting generic problem in heart and body failure when they reached up to 7 years which I am so shock. Vets are researching how to find the problem. That happened since summer. Wow!

Its sad to know their short lifespan.

British bulldog is very expensive to buy here.

Bulldogs are short lifespan..Average 7 to 10 yrs that is it. Yes that correct.. I love Bulldogs awful lot and thinks so cute!

My husband really wanted have Great Dane so badly.. I beg him no.. LOL If suppose he buy it and will steal his 100% sofa and sleep hog!

LOL Let's pray not let my husband buy it.
I'd rather no pets in my house for while little few years due focus my 4th baby and house revocation too.

Bulldogs are short lifespan..Average 7 to 10 yrs that is it. Yes that correct.. I love Bulldogs awful lot and thinks so cute!

My husband really wanted have Great Dane so badly.. I beg him no.. LOL If suppose he buy it and will steal his 100% sofa and sleep hog!

LOL Let's pray not let my husband buy it.
I'd rather no pets in my house for while little few years due focus my 4th baby and house revocation too.

LOL! Here is my advice when I gave advice at State Fair after observe their life. I will suggest not to adopt Great Dane for you and your husband. 1. You and your husband will need to focus on your 4th baby and Great Dane required a lot of attention and investing money. 2. Baby is too precisous to ignore.
Once when baby grew up and more stable. Then you and your husband will spend a time to discuss about getting great dane or get other dogs

Most of grooming business does take cat as client. I am positive sure in your state, they offer cat as a client. Just make sure the groomer's experience with cat are positive then you will be fine. My suggestion is to take cat to any vet clinic that provide grooming (cut and bath) for cat are more safer than Corp grooming or private grooming. I do a lot of cat at vet. Most of cats are sedated for me to shave all over to keep the cat in safe status. Private grooming business doesn't sedated unless if they have license to do so. The cat without sedated can be grooming if the cat are mellow and calm with no nervous whack.

Hope that help you...

Thankyou for the sound advice. I shall consider it when if I decide to do it.

VanG is my classic family name. It is just short name.

My least favorite career- the one I hate most is put animals to sleep.

Ah, another Dutch name (or maybe Flemish name?).

Since you have put animals to sleep, is it painless as I think???? If it is painless, then why do they muzzle the dog first?

Back