As a kid, what was your favorite TV show?

Aww!!! Yeah i think i would cry if i had to throw it away. I also jave these things called tazos
Idk if you have heard of those. But it had the original 150 pokemon.

Yes!!!! My brother collected those and I would always steal them :lol: but he didn't have any Pokemon ones though. I never played it before, didn't understand the point of the game.... I just thought they were cool. :roll:

Whatever was on but it's rare I stuck to one particular show. For those that I watched often was Tiny Toons, Duck Tales, Full House, MTV, and teen years Becker, Married with children, Golden Girls/Jefferson/I Dream of Jeannie reruns... as far as I can recall. Today, I don't watch TV much.

Last edited:
We didn't have a TV when I was growing up. I fact Mom & I (I was the support for the two of us for a bit after my dad died) got our first black & white one in the mid 1960's when I was in my 20's and working.

Before Buffy the Vampire Slayer started, I was into...

*Are You Afraid of the Dark
*Clarissa Explains it All
*Punky Brewster
*Roundhouse
*Boy Meets World
*Salute your Shorts
*My So-Called Life
*Beverly Hills 90210 (only Brenda years)
*Tales from the Crypt
*Dexter's Lab
*Daria

*I was also obsessed with Degrassi:TNG (and original) when I was in high school and college

The black & white TV shows of the 50's/60's such as Wagon Train, Rifleman, Maverick, Bat Masterson, Rin-Tin-Tin, Foreign Legion, Sgt. Preston of the Mounties, Johnny Yuma the Rebel, Paladin, Bonanza, Lone Ranger, Roy Rogers, and Broken Arrow.

Have gun will travel , Wanted dead or alive. Lassie

http://classic-tv.com/50s-shows/ I do not recall the one called ' I loaned Joan' on this list but I did watch the other shows

The black & white TV shows of the 50's/60's such as Wagon Train, Rifleman, Maverick, Bat Masterson, Rin-Tin-Tin, Foreign Legion, Sgt. Preston of the Mounties, Johnny Yuma the Rebel, Paladin, Bonanza, Lone Ranger, Roy Rogers, and Broken Arrow.

Oh my!...Now my musical tennitus is giving me havoc!...."Bat Materson"...Just loved that show...and the music went (as far as I remember)...

"Now when the West was very young....
There lived a man named Bat Masterson....
He had the fastest gun....
His name was Bat....
Bat Masterson".....

When I was really little, mom left it on gameshows so I watched Let's Make a Deal, The Dating Game, Price is Right, stuff like that. When I could change channels, I watched mostly cartoons and Sid & Marty Croft stuff. Sigmund and the Sea Monsters, The Bugaloos, Dr Shrinker. Really liked the Jackson 5 cartoon and Fat Albert, too. Probably saw most Looney Toons cartoons as well as Tom and Jerry. Yes, the TV did most of the babysitting when I grew up. Still watch some cartoons with my kids. One of my daughter'd friends has a striking resemblance to Candace on Phineas and Ferb.

When I was a kid: Rug Rats
Now: Supernatural and bbc Sherlock

I was NOT fond of Rugrats.... I had a younger brother who was obsessed about that, and the problem was, it conflicted with my time to watch MMPR. I was SO mad.

That reminds me, yes, Lassie, Flicka, and National Velvet.

Have Gun Will Travel was the same program as Paladin.

Was it "I Married Joan" with Jim Backus?

Yes , it on the link I posted . I forgot that Paladin was Have Gun Will Travel . Richard Boone played the part.

My younger sister liked 'Ding Dong School' ! I could not stand it and I had to let her watch t because she was the 'baby' of the family .
'Big Brother ' is another old show , and 'Big Brother' did not know he could be heard when he was calling kids names ...

Yes , it on the link I posted . I forgot that Paladin was Have Gun Will Travel . Richard Boone played the part.

My younger sister liked 'Ding Dong School' ! I could not stand it and I had to let her watch t because she was the 'baby' of the family .
'Big Brother ' is another old show , and 'Big Brother' did not know he could be heard when he was calling kids names ...
I heard of Ding Dong School but not Big Brother. I also watched Captain Kangaroo, Lamb Chop (Sheri Lewis), and Beanie and Cecil (puppets).

Hey, what happened to Howdy Doody? :lol:
Ooh, I forgot! Yes, we watched that, too. :lol:

Rufus Rose was a puppeteer on Howdy Doody. He lived in my town in Connecticut. He was a minor local politician. I walked past his house every day on my way work. :)

Rufus Rose - IMDb

A children's show that was on the year I was born was called Circus Boy.

It starred Noah Beery and a boy called Mickey Braddock, who grew up to be Mickey Dolenz of The Monkeys...

Trivia for Reba. :)

A children's show that was on the year I was born was called Circus Boy.

It starred Noah Beery and a boy called Mickey Braddock, who grew up to be Mickey Dolenz of The Monkeys...

Trivia for Reba. :)
Yes! Circus Boy! I remember that one, too! Mickey was so cute then. :lol:

Yikes, it seems like I spent a lot of time watching TV. :giggle:

when I was a little kid I liked the Sesame Street, Muppets, Smurfs and there was another show called Yukon King or something, about Canadian Police officer and his dog<K9>.
And my dad says when he was home <not working> I used to wake him up at 5:30 every morning to watch some kind show that was like Sesame Street, but wasn't.

when I was an older kid I liked Differet Strokes, liked Punky Brewster.

Knight Rider cause I liked the guy in it.

In high school I mostly was into watching movies, reading, doing dog things

Back