Article : vocabulary growth in toddlers

Oh Jillio thank you. I had been wondering why your answers continually reminded me of the phycohologists that I've had contact with. They to could take a statement made by me and twist it into something else. Alot of times here I've read statements by other posters only to have you saying they mean something that the person didn't say. At least physcologists continue to be the same in my expericence. Hopefully I won't have to take my daughter back to one anytime soon.

Have a nice day.

JAG,

Great post and thanks for the leaugh I got reading it!

BTW I wanted to comment upon another post of yours where you talked about being in a small school and how beneficial it was to you. I agree, our daughter's class was only 109 kids which is rather small for a suburban SD but she was with these kids from the kindergarten and it made all the difference. She was never viewed as "the deaf kid" by her classmates because they all knew each other. She was just one of the students in her class and was treated that way.

Good luck going back to the old grind fellow working class comrade!
Rick

How many mainstreamed children have that advantage, both in educational and social environment?

Only when the misspelling is glaringly obvious, and the missplelled word was the whole point of the post. Aren't the oral people supposed to have a wonderful command of English in all it forms?

Its usually helpful that when you are going to justify your annoying habit of constantly pointing out words that others misspell, that you not actually misspell the word "misspell". Or is "missplelled" a word?

Its obvious that you do not have the wonderful command of English and all of its forms that you think you have.

Why do you say it is an advantage?

Smaller class, fewer student in each individual classroom. More indiviudal attention. Attending school with the same kids from kindergarten through high school....many social benefits.

Its usually helpful that when you are going to justify your annoying habit of constantly pointing out words that others misspell, that you not actually misspell the word "misspell". Or is "missplelled" a word?

Its obvious that you do not have the wonderful command of English and all of its forms that you think you have.

Okay....how about leaugh? Guess we all hit an extra key sometimes, huh?

I'm not an oralist, cloggy. I don't make those claims.
Still... you suggest other people are like that... without any reason...

Actually you do.... you yourself just don't use the standard you want from other people....
There's a word for that..... hypocr....???
Somebody HELP!!

:lol: this thread is becoming a spelling contest. Let's see who wins to spelling bee. This is getting funny. :)

:lol: this thread is becoming a spelling contest. Let's see who wins to spelling bee. This is getting funny. :)

Its absolutely absurd. It has been taken so far off topic by people acting childish and petty and insulting that its difficult to remember exactly what the topic was. But I guess that's their intention. If you can't remember what the topic was, you can't call them on their innaccuracies.

Its absolutely absurd. It has been taken so far off topic by people acting childish and petty and insulting that its difficult to remember exactly what the topic was. But I guess that's their intention. If you can't remember what the topic was, you can't call them on their innaccuracies.
There's a topic ?

Smaller class, fewer student in each individual classroom. More indiviudal attention. Attending school with the same kids from kindergarten through high school....many social benefits.

Then you would agree that those advantages, if they exist in the school district where a deaf child resides, should be factors parents consider when making decisions for their child such as what language methodology to utilize.

Okay....how about leaugh? Guess we all hit an extra key sometimes, huh?

Yes, we all do, at least those of us who are not perfect. That is why I only point out spelling errors made by those who do it to mock others.

Then you would agree that those advantages, if they exist in the school district where a deaf child resides, should be factors parents consider when making decisions for their child such as what language methodology to utilize.

No, that is not what I am saying at all. I am saying that these factors can mitigate some of the disadvantages in strictly oral programs in the mainstream. Unfortunately, this is not the norm at the mainstreamed public school. It is, however, the norm at deaf schools.

Yes, we all do, at least those of us who are not perfect. That is why I only point out spelling errors made by those who do it to mock others.

You might want to look around. I caught you in another one. You're fond of games, aren't you?

You might want to look around. I caught you in another one. You're fond of games, aren't you?

Oh, I am certain that you can find many of my spelling errors, big whoop!

What you will never find is me telling anyone that there is only one way to raise a deaf child.

Fond of games, sure I love to play hackey sack every now and then, don't you? You know I heard that it is a great substitute for CART services, did you know that?

Back