Article : vocabulary growth in toddlers

That describes me...was raised orally and have chosen to learn to sign. Is that what u mean?

Yeppers. That is exactly what I mean. You are no longer an oral deaf person. You are a signer with oral skills.

My undergraduate degree is from Cal State Fullerton in Child Development. I received a 3.8 GPA and was the top senior student in my department. My master's degree is from Unversity of Southern California USC and my teacher training program was from John Tracy Clinic, GPA 3.75. I also won an working with families award. My second credential was from Cal Poly Pomona, GPA 3.9. I had about 8 method classes. Any more information, you need. I will make sure to go back to the 3 different college I went to and let them know you think I do not know how to do research OK.

The research I said I was going to do this week, I am going to hold off. It has been busy in my household as we get ready for school. I am going to do the research on my time frame not yours because it really doesn't matter what I say or find you will discredit and make fun of it as you always do.

Well, here we go. You are not doing research. You are doing an academic search of other's research. Big difference jackie. And if you want to get down to brass tacks, I do engage actively in research, and this May, presented the results of 2 research designs that I created, ran, and wrote up to the Midwestern Psychological Association in Chicago. I can also give you my gpas for all of my degrees, but really don't think that it contributes anything to the thread.

BTW, nice excuse. Doesn't fly, though. Just another case of "Wah, wah! You're picking on me!"

Very mature....!!

How high is your horse?

I agree.....it is very immature to constantly whine about posters picking on one. So tell, me cloggy, why does she continue to do it? And why do you find it necessary to defend her behavior?

I agree.....it is very immature to constantly whine about posters picking on one. So tell, me cloggy, why does she continue to do it? And why do you find it necessary to defend her behavior?

Oh, not defending anyone. Just noticing how your feeling of superiority suddenly makes place for childish remarks..
It's the contrast that's intreaging..

BTW, have you found an article that we all can read..??

Oh, not defending anyone. Just noticing how your feeling of superiority suddenly makes place for childish remarks..
It's the contrast that's intreaging..

BTW, have you found an article that we all can read..??

Gee, cloggy.....there are all sorts of articles and books out there that you can read....if, that is, you are interested in learning. However, if you are requesting that I do your work for you, then there will be a fee involved.

Gee, cloggy.....there are all sorts of articles and books out there that you can read....if, that is, you are interested in learning. However, if you are requesting that I do your work for you, then there will be a fee involved.
It's called "sharing" ....

Oh. I'm interested in learning, but am curious if you have any articles you can share.... something accesible to anyone who wants to discuss it.
How many people have acces to the articles you post (well, only some highlights, nothing more) and how many actually understand the article.

Do you have anything to share? Something simple for me?

Oh. I'm interested in learning, but am curious if you have any articles you can share.... something accesible to anyone who wants to discuss it.
How many people have acces to the articles you post (well, only some highlights, nothing more) and how many actually understand the article.

Try some of the books that were listed in the thread you started. Once you have become more informed, I will be more than happy to share information with you. It appears that the only thing you are interested in sharing at this point in time, however, is sarcasm.

You hit the nail on the head, Cloggy.

Bottomline, she has nothing and does it really matter? We, who are around children with cochlear implants everyday know what tremendous impacts they can have on a child's life.

Does that mean that every child with a cochlear implant will have the same results as every other child? Of course not and I have never heard any of us saying that.

Still, I would like the anti-ciers to tell us, for a profoundly deaf child what is more effective than a cochlear implant to enable that child to be able to understand and to speak a spoken language?

Bottomline, she has nothing and does it really matter? We, who are around children with cochlear implants everyday know what tremendous impacts they can have on a child's life.

Does that mean that every child with a cochlear implant will have the same results as every other child? Of course not and I have never heard any of us saying that.

Still, I would like the anti-ciers to tell us, for a profoundly deaf child what is more effective than a cochlear implant to enable that child to be able to understand and to speak a spoken language?
Pls show us where we said we were against CIs.

Nowhere, but in my opinion - however little that may be to some - Rick never meant you.. or the "we" you were referring to.

Thanks Cloggy, right on point but as you may have observed, Shel thinks every single post I write is about her, she really needs to get a grip on reality and remember that the world does not revolve around her, even if she is a "VIP Member".

However, Jillio in the past has stated that she is against cochlear implants for children but that they can be useful. An interesting contradiction being against something that could help profoundly deaf children's lives but admitting that they are beneficial for them.
Rick

Thanks Cloggy, right on point but as you may have observed, Shel thinks every single post I write is about her, she really needs to get a grip on reality and remember that the world does not revolve around her, even if she is a "VIP Member".

However, Jillio in the past has stated that she is against cochlear implants for children but that they can be useful. An interesting contradiction being against something that could help profoundly deaf children's lives but admitting that they are beneficial for them.
Rick

Nobody does my thinking for me not even u, Rick. Only I do my own thinking and I am capable of having MY own mind, thank u.

U didn't even bother to ask as usual..instead u said "Shel thinks this or that." It is making me wonder if u are a controlling person who has the need to think or speak for others? I cud be wrong but I am starting to wonder.

Ask Alex about the VIP member thing if u are interested in knowing what it is all about. :)

If I made a mistake about the anti-CI thing all u had was to point it out and I wud have apologized. Simple as that. It is apparent I assumed wrong but due to all these nasty comments about me in this post, I don't feel like apologizing.

Do you read? Or do you just jump around looking for mine and shel's posts so you can be sarcastic? Neither one of us is anti-CI. Those are your words.

How about you...why don't you try expanding your mind and the limits of your narrow little world by reading some of the titles that were on cloggy's book list. Add a little credibility to your life.

Rick

Actually, rick, if you bothered to quote me correctly, I said I did not feel it was my decision to make for my own child, and then cited the reasons why I believe that. I also qualified that, however, by saying that it was not my decision to make for anyone else, either. And if you will look for more than that one post, you will find that I have said, very frequently, that it is not the CI I object to, but the attitudes regarding CI of people such as yourself.

Nobody does my thinking for me not even u, Rick. Only I do my own thinking and I am capable of having MY own mind, thank u.

U didn't even bother to ask as usual..instead u said "Shel thinks this or that." It is making me wonder if u are a controlling person who has the need to think or speak for others? I cud be wrong but I am starting to wonder.

Ask Alex about the VIP member thing if u are interested in knowing what it is all about. :)

If I made a mistake about the anti-CI thing all u had was to point it out and I wud have apologized. Simple as that. It is apparent I assumed wrong but due to all these nasty comments about me in this post, I don't feel like apologizing.

Problem here is, shel, and we both know he is talking about us...they will find no post that says we are anti-CI. Even the one rick claimed to quote regarding my opinion is not anti-CI. And we have very often clarified the fact that it is not the CI that either one of us objects to, but the oralist attitude of parents who think it is the complete answer to managing their child's deafness.

And of course rick is a very controlling person. His problem is, when he can't enter into a discussion and control it with his intelligence and knowlege, he resorts to insults and attempts at intimidation. Not is he controlling, he also exhibits all of the personality traits of an abuser.

Big Yawn!

Big Yawn!

Ohhh what's the matter baby? Can't even be a big man and accept the responsibilities of your comments?

At least u couldn't resist acknowledging my post, couldn't u? :giggle:

Back