Are you willing to give up TV?

Forget to say..... about 6 years ago, we got HDTV. I surprised to see ABC, PBS and NBC have more than one channels per station. Some of my friends asked me pay TV??? I said no..... just over the air.

NBC 10-1 (HD Program) and 10-2 (24 hours weather)

ABC 6-1 (HD program), 6-2 (special TV program or replay news) and 6-3 (24 hours weather)

PBS 12-1 (HD Program) and 12-2 (Special program) - we have problem with PBS 12-1 because weak signal. Too much adjust on Antenna to find good signal.

I surprised to see few other TV Station like ION, Workship, 24 hours sports (different from ESPN from over the air.

All regular channels like ABC 6, NBC 10, PBS 12, FOX 29 are dead since Feb 2009. All old channels are belong to NTSC. NTSC is no longer programs.

im using directv same my grandma,my aunt had same both em.. But this cable is cool

when i got out my mom's house somedays im not sure i will firgure out for brand cable to think..

we don't have cable at the moment, haven't had one since June... and we're doing fine. We just watch movies we order from Netflix or buy DVD's or have VHS movies.

and don't forget the annoying disruptions because the "signal" was lost over free air... no matter how good quality antenna or the hdtv converter box was at work it kept getting delayed... thats the only reason why I want to go back to analog tv- :hmm:

This is true for analog channels, but for HD (or digital) channels, it's a whole different story. In fact, OTA is becoming more popular again these days.

You either get the signal or you don't. If the signal strength is weak, it will be cut off. The best solution is to get a better amplifier for the antenna. Once in a while, if there's a nasty storm or something similar, channels, especially that are at a good distance from where you are may suffer some disruption, but the same can be said for satellite sometimes. :-/

The point is, I'm not paying for TV. Why should we pay something that the cable and satellite providers get for free? The local stations don't get a cent from the cable or satellite providers. Most of the local stations' revenues come from local advertising (ads, commercials, etc).

People are getting screwed over again and again on the so-called basic, premium and the holy-shit packages they receive from the TV providers.

Keep talk and no proof. :aw:

You quoted Directv, a TV satellite provider. That shows how credible your claims are. Don't use Directv or any satellite and cable providers as a source to prove your point if you want to be taken seriously.

It astonishes me that people would fall for Directv's claim that their HD technology is unsurpassed, not even by OTA which is more than likely where they receive a good number of channels from. Now to claim that it's the same quality as Blu-ray, that is ridiculous because it's not possible at the moment.

No.

I own OTA and satellite with HD so both look same to me.
They look better than Cable.

Only I like about OTA, it come with great features such as real location time and time of each show. Wish it come with more channel but basic what location been give.

Only bad when the weather such as windy and storm come up, it havoc the signal as well.

we don't have cable at the moment, haven't had one since June... and we're doing fine. We just watch movies we order from Netflix or buy DVD's or have VHS movies.

I hope you can get antenna plug to digital converter box, cost like 40 to 80 dollars, mostly can find at Wal-Mart. So, you won't miss LOST in sweet 16:9 display in 4:3. What are you wait for? lol

Or hang out with your friends who have cable to watch, heh heh.

I don't watch tv unless it's a documentary or movie during class. But I do spend a disgusting amount of time on youtube.

PowerOn, regarding hulu, how can you find CC movies in there?

I dont watch tv that much but would obviously use it to play videogames so...I don't care about not having cable cause there are always dvds to watch from anyway.

I gave up TV for about 7 years, from age of 17 until 24 or 25. I only made rare exception, such as Super Bowl when Vikings played. Never really missed it much. Would miss it less now, except for some sports.

Back