Are you willing to give up TV?

Prime Boss

Reaction score
This is very interesting question that I wants to ask all of you.

Would you be more than willing to give up TV? I mean today's tv is really bad, because of too many reality shows. Thanks to hulu and animeseason.com, I finally saw the white light right out the door, I will give up TV in the future.

Lots of anime shows on Watch One Piece 422 - Naruto Shippuuden 131 - Bleach 241 | AnimeSeason.com, it allows me to see most anime shows from Japan, it's really good. Right now I'm currently watching Soul Eater, it's really good show. You really should go and see it.

Gave up TV and other simmilar media a few months ago. I was addicted to it.

I rather watch video blogs anyway.

I would give up TV if I didn't have cable, but I have cable so there's no way I'll give up my TV. :giggle:

I already did for around ten years. Now after my kids are gone, I have it again but it would be easy to give it up.

I don't have a T.V. When I had one, I found out that I hated the Jerry Springer show so much that I couldn't watch it for more than five mintues.

I do have TV, but so rarely have it on that I could give it up easily. I mostly keep my cable connection for my great neices and nephews when they visit, or for my son when he visits. As for me, I watch the news channels, and a couple cable programs that I DVR to watch at my convenience.

We have TV's in every room and cable also but I hardly ever watch TV anymore either, just the 5 or 10pm news, Judge Judy and AMW, that's about it. But with winter approaching, we probably will watch more TV.

I'm not willing to give TV up entirely, as I like to watch my local news and maybe a few programs here and there.

I could easily give up TV. I never watched much TV. And now I don't watch TV at all. Too much effort for something that isn't worth it. :giggle:

I could give it up for some good books :) I don't watch too much anymore. I have a few shows that I enjoy. I don't know if I could give up "The New Adventures of Old Christine" that show really lifts my spirits when I am down.

I think I could give it up as long as I had all these fancy video sites that you people have. I can't see TV being around much in the future because it will have been taken over by the computer.

or just get an over-the-air antenna. It's free and the HD channels look a lot better than they do on cable and satellite.

No.

I own OTA and satellite with HD so both look same to me.
They look better than Cable.

No.

I own OTA and satellite with HD so both look same to me.
They look better than Cable.

Get a new pair of eyeglasses then. The satellite and cable recompress the TV signals they pick up over the air. Therefore, a decline in video quality should be noticeable to the naked eye, especially on a big TV.

or just get an over-the-air antenna. It's free and the HD channels look a lot better than they do on cable and satellite.

Are you joking right? How do you get HD channels if it REQUIRED a digital cable box or satellite and HD service (free or not).

No I would not give up the tv but if they have invested something that I would like to watch only on certain channel and I wouldn't have to pay alot of money on that cable bill. Sigh cuz I dont use all that channel why waste my money on the other channel that I dont watch.

Get a new pair of eyeglasses then. The satellite and cable recompress the TV signals they pick up over the air. Therefore, a decline in video quality should be noticeable to the naked eye, especially on a big TV.

I am disagreed with you again. You think of old technology of non-hd satellite. I believe you have no experience with Directv HD.
https://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/hd/difference

DIRECT TV vs DISH NETWORK : DIRECT Satellite Television Service

UNSURPASSED HD TECHNOLOGY — As the leader in HD, DIRECTV brings you the hottest Hollywood blockbusters in 1080p, the same stunning HD quality as Blu-ray.

I already have a big LCD with 1080p thru HDMI to our HD DVR. My eyeglasses is perfect fine. Thank you for your ego.

UNSURPASSED HD TECHNOLOGY — As the leader in HD, DIRECTV brings you the hottest Hollywood blockbusters in 1080p, the same stunning HD quality as Blu-ray.

That's a funny quote because anybody with half a brain would know that's not true considering the amount of data is required to transfer per second for the Blu-ray format.

However, it should be mentioned that HD via cable providers is usually better than satellite providers, but regardless, OTA signals are the best in their uncompressed form.

After years of having satellite and cable services, I think I'll stick to OTA and not pay a cent and get better video quality along with it. Besides, are you able to find any other sources comparing all cable, satellite and OTA rather than using biased information from a satellite provider?

Um, all you need is a TV with a built-in tuner and an antenna.
It is not going to happen in USA. In USA, it required a digital box, satellite, or convert box in order to work on TV otherwise you get blank screen.

Back