Are you satisfied with Danger Sidekick 3?

Vote

• Total voters
I have had a Sidekick 3 for a few months, and love it. I don't know about the features of the other devices, but that wasn't the question. Perhaps most of what I like has to do with the general idea of being able to communicate in so many different ways (e-mail, text, IM, web surfing), which many other devices do as well. I wasn't looking for a pocket computer, so I don't miss the third party applications. The lighted keyboard with keys that have a good 'feel' to them is great in my opinion.

What does drive me a little nutty, though, is the tendency for the device to reboot without notice. My wife's identical unit doesn't do this anywhere near as frequently, though, so maybe I have a bad unit. It is quite frustrating, since all IM conversations are cleared when this happens. That has been my main frustration, though.

ps: Neo, if you look carefully at your messages, VamPyroX is right - you never did say whether you have owned one. You talked about two friends, and maybe implied it, but you do seem to be breaking your own ground rule about bashing. I don't know whether Vamp is a "newbie" or not, but so what if she is? I am, and proud of it. We all have to start somewhere.

I have had a Sidekick 3 for a few months, and love it. I don't know about the features of the other devices, but that wasn't the question. Perhaps most of what I like has to do with the general idea of being able to communicate in so many different ways (e-mail, text, IM, web surfing), which many other devices do as well. I wasn't looking for a pocket computer, so I don't miss the third party applications. The lighted keyboard with keys that have a good 'feel' to them is great in my opinion.

What does drive me a little nutty, though, is the tendency for the device to reboot without notice. My wife's identical unit doesn't do this anywhere near as frequently, though, so maybe I have a bad unit. It is quite frustrating, since all IM conversations are cleared when this happens. That has been my main frustration, though.

ps: Neo, if you look carefully at your messages, VamPyroX is right - you never did say whether you have owned one. You talked about two friends, and maybe implied it, but you do seem to be breaking your own ground rule about bashing. I don't know whether Vamp is a "newbie" or not, but so what if she is? I am, and proud of it. We all have to start somewhere.

Not really, That's all I know info from my friends who own sk3. I still dont make bash about sk3 this topic. "newbies" is not really bash,better than suck, shitty, loser, POS, dumbass, etc..

Vote already answer
->Don't own Sk3 dbarovian, deafclimber, DeafMonkey, diehardbiker, dkf747, moonflower, Neo, purplecatty, sara1981, TechBill, TweetyBird, VamPyroX, XBGMER

Vampyrox should know and don't need to ask me If I own it or not.

Be careful yourself.

Neo, I don't mean to sound rude. but have you ever thought this... maybe they knew if they told you the truth about their Sidekicks, you would start off with your 'know all' attitude on Sidekicks and whatnot.

I don't own SK3 but I do have SK2. I like it. If it get fuck up in near future, either I'll get SK3 or Dash or BB 8700G. I dunno yet. I must have IMs, Text, Email. I don't care for the rest. Sometimes I use website in case if I am bored, I could check what's up in AD or others. :) So I just pray that my SK2 stay alive till next year. So wait and see.

Stay away from sidekick 3 its a POS !!!!!! i've owned one from july 2006 till may 2007 and sold it on ebay WHEW ! so went back to my sk2 then funny one day i was visiting my mom my kid wanted to see me skateboarding then damn my sidekick 2 fell on the asphalt and it got cracked LCD ! :( then shit i needed another device damn looked at CL found a used sidekick 3 damn sk3 has came back to me again lol but its for temporary use ! i got it for only $70 LOL ... will be selling it asap ... i HATE SK3 its low quality cheap made ! not 100% reliable i have lost faith in danger and sidekick !!!! they do nothing but rapes our $$$$$ money !!!! i am gonna research on newest BB curve or Iphone or ... Ipaq 6495 something the newest one !!! no more sidekick !!!! sidekick is a FAD its a good thing for youngsters and teenagers LOL ...

I am relieved that I didn't replace sk2 to sk3. If my sk2 broke, then I will get blackberry device. As far as I hear this is really good.

I own sk3. it is allright for me for now. I don't care as long as i can contact with people. I don't mind using BB, but qwerty buttons are too small. Damn.

I've had my SK3 since February and am still very happy with it. AIM, text, emails... What more do I need? Even the camera on it comes in handy sometimes. And I only paid $163 total for it, and not through T-Mobile.

I have been on SK3 and Treo 7xx fence till iPhone announcement so I dropped pondering those two. I am going for iPhone this year or next.

I have been on SK3 and Treo 7xx fence till iPhone announcement so I dropped pondering those two. I am going for iPhone this year or next.
Boult, Wow you got two powerful devices with nice full QWERTY keyboard. So what made you have two best devices for purpose? I am just wondering and curious.. :)

Hey remember Wyndtell pagers? When it first came out, I thought it was soo cool that there's a little emailing pager. Trouble was I couldn't use relay on it because of bad reception. Glad we moved on to a better technology since then.

I am surprised to read alot of negativity about SK3 I've owned a Wyndtell first then SK1 then now SK3. SK3 has the features I need and I like it. 4 months after I upgraded to SK3, I've had disconnection problems lately. I would have to turn it off then back on to get it back on the network. Really sucks. It's been going on for 3 months with alot of calls to T-Mobile to get this problem fixed. If it wasn't for that problem, I was happy with SK3 in general and would keep it if they fix this issue. If not, I'll have to research what comes close to SK3's features and monthly price.

Neo, I don't mean to sound rude. but have you ever thought this... maybe they knew if they told you the truth about their Sidekicks, you would start off with your 'know all' attitude on Sidekicks and whatnot.

:werd:

Neo just like to start shit. That's all.

Sound like your SK3 may be no good and you would need to contact Tmo again to replace it. I don't know. I still have my SK2 though. OH LORD! Wyndtell SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey remember Wyndtell pagers? When it first came out, I thought it was soo cool that there's a little emailing pager. Trouble was I couldn't use relay on it because of bad reception. Glad we moved on to a better technology since then.

I am surprised to read alot of negativity about SK3 I've owned a Wyndtell first then SK1 then now SK3. SK3 has the features I need and I like it. 4 months after I upgraded to SK3, I've had disconnection problems lately. I would have to turn it off then back on to get it back on the network. Really sucks. It's been going on for 3 months with alot of calls to T-Mobile to get this problem fixed. If it wasn't for that problem, I was happy with SK3 in general and would keep it if they fix this issue. If not, I'll have to research what comes close to SK3's features and monthly price.

I currently own a Nokia N95 but - I am going to get my new SK3 sometime this week, as I ordered one last week.. Waiting for it to arrive :D

Back