Are you ready of the blizzard of 2015 ?

I got a dust. It stopped snowing.

Heeeeey lmao. Some of us know what that there white stuff is- of course.. we're transplants not native southern people. Except brother in law. First time he ever saw snow was in PA... he sure had fun learning how to drive in it lol.

So far no sign of our annual snow fall here- some years we don't get any at all... it's probably all up north this year. ;)

poop. because of this blizzard, I was stranded somewhere in west coast as I was flying back home on Monday.

I was scheduled to fly from Aspen to Denver to Houston to Newark... but my flight from Houston to Newark was cancelled and there will be no flight to NYC area for 2 days. Authentic asked me to join him in California so I got a flight out from Denver to San Francisco but my Aspen flight was delayed 2 hours so I missed the connecting flight. As I arrived in Denver, there are no available flights to San Francisco and that was to be expected because many East Coast people were stranded too and I suppose lot of them flew out to California to chill for a couple days. Everybody has friends in California.

I got an alternative flight to Dallas but I wanted to be somewhere as close as possible to my home so I got to DC where I stayed with friends for a couple days. All buses and trains were cancelled for 2 days too so I stayed and chilled with friends.

and now here I am... whew

poop. because of this blizzard, I was stranded somewhere in west coast as I was flying back home on Monday.

I was scheduled to fly from Aspen to Denver to Houston to Newark... but my flight from Houston to Newark was cancelled and there will be no flight to NYC area for 2 days. Authentic asked me to join him in California so I got a flight out from Denver to San Francisco but my Aspen flight was delayed 2 hours so I missed the connecting flight. As I arrived in Denver, there are no available flights to San Francisco and that was to be expected because many East Coast people were stranded too and I suppose lot of them flew out to California to chill for a couple days. Everybody has friends in California.

I got an alternative flight to Dallas but I wanted to be somewhere as close as possible to my home so I got to DC where I stayed with friends for a couple days. All buses and trains were cancelled for 2 days too so I stayed and chilled with friends.

and now here I am... whew

I thought about you when I heard about all the flights being cancelled and wondered if it was going to mess up your travel plans. I know how that feel I got stuck in a hurricane and had stay in a hotel over night . The airline paid for everyone rooms . So you are Home sweet Home! And safe and sound .

I thought about you when I heard about all the flights being cancelled and wondered if it was going to mess up your travel plans. I know how that feel I got stuck in a hurricane and had stay in a hotel over night . The airline paid for everyone rooms . So you are Home sweet Home! And safe and sound .

yea airline was going to offer to pay for hotel but I didn't want to stay in hotel, blabbering and twiddling my thumbs for 2 days. So I flew out to any city I know and DC was the only available flight at very short notice. I was going to Dallas and have fun in Austin but that would means spending overnight in Denver... wasting a day so I opted for DC which was going to fly out in an hour. It was bit scary to land at snowy Dulles airport. the married couple next to me held hands in fear :lol:

JIro You forget to mention that you become best friends with two.....

10957333_10104767858275679_8802297830486871339_n.jpg

yea airline was going to offer to pay for hotel but I didn't want to stay in hotel, blabbering and twiddling my thumbs for 2 days. So I flew out to any city I know and DC was the only available flight at very short notice. I was going to Dallas and have fun in Austin but that would means spending overnight in Denver... wasting a day so I opted for DC which was going to fly out in an hour. It was bit scary to land at snowy Dulles airport. the married couple next to me held hands in fear :lol:

I was visiting friends in Oklahoma and on my back to Boston and went I got to change over we got stuck on the run way for 6 hours waiting for the storm to pass and when it finally safe to fly the pilots had been on duty too long and was not allowed to fly any longer . I got very sick on the way home and was not able to look for another flight . I had to go to the ER s soon as I did get back home. That had to been scary landing on a snowy runway . Glad you got home OK

I was visiting friends in Oklahoma and on my back to Boston and went I got to change over we got stuck on the run way for 6 hours waiting for the storm to pass and when it finally safe to fly the pilots had been on duty too long and was not allowed to fly any longer . I got very sick on the way home and was not able to look for another flight . I had to go to the ER s soon as I did get back home. That had to been scary landing on a snowy runway . Glad you got home OK

yike.. sorry to hear that it didn't go well for you... but at least you're back home...

That's too bad. I would have liked to meet you in person.

not much of a blizzard lol thought we would get more snow but its cool kind of happy

We got 3 feet of snow and my city is running out of room to put it . More is on the way.

Back