Are you ready of the blizzard of 2015 ?

My brother's apartment complex parking lot, in CT. (It was still snowing this morning.)

Attachments

• parkinglot.jpg
    parkinglot.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 18
My brother's apartment complex parking lot, in CT. (It was still snowing this morning.)

Did he have to try to go to work this morning? I think you posted about an earlier storm where they had to go in and then had zero customers.

Did he have to try to go to work this morning? I think you posted about an earlier storm where they had to go in and then had zero customers.
So far, he didn't have to go in this morning. It's a good thing because I don't see how he could get his car out of the parking lot. :giggle:

Waiting to find out about the rest of the day (for work).

Safe weather wishes for your brother, Reba!

I read that about NO customers:mad:

Whatdidyousay! -glad for you about the plowing and Marty!
Stay warm:wave:

So far, he didn't have to go in this morning. It's a good thing because I don't see how he could get his car out of the parking lot. :giggle:

Waiting to find out about the rest of the day (for work).

Is his car the one with the igloo on top of it? :giggle:
I am not looking forward to digging my car out with my bad back and bummed right arm.
I got an email from Verizon telling me if I lose power to use my computer or smart phone to get info. How do use your computer if you have no power ???

Is his car the one with the igloo on top of it? :giggle:
I am not looking forward to digging my car out with my bad back and bummed right arm.
I got an email from Verizon telling me if I lose power to use my computer or smart phone to get info. How do use your computer if you have no power ???

Laptop and notebook computers contain a a battery and can run on that for awhile. People having a UPS (remember that includes a battery) is not rare and can run a number of things for a varying amount of time. Also there are cell phone chargers where the charger is charged by sunlight and then the phone charged from that. There are also chargers that charge a cell phone by turning a crank.

Oh my. That's a lot of snow! Reminds me of some blizzards we've had here in Minnesota. We've been lucky so far this year. *knocks on wood*

Laptop and notebook computers contain a a battery and can run on that for awhile. People having a UPS (remember that includes a battery) is not rare and can run a number of things for a varying amount of time. Also there are cell phone chargers where the charger is charged by sunlight and then the phone charged from that. There are also chargers that charge a cell phone by turning a crank.

If the power goes out, the internet (cable) most likely will go out too. I can use my cellphone's data plan to access Verizon or my power company's websites.

If the power goes out, the internet (cable) most likely will go out too. I can use my cellphone's data plan to access Verizon or my power company's websites.

Same here. Also, because I travel so much, I don't have a cable internet company. I use Clear Wireless, and I can use that during my travels around the region. Works well, and it does have a short battery life, but that's okay-- 4 hours is plenty enough, but I do intend to upgrade at some point later on.

Same here. Also, because I travel so much, I don't have a cable internet company. I use Clear Wireless, and I can use that during my travels around the region. Works well, and it does have a short battery life, but that's okay-- 4 hours is plenty enough, but I do intend to upgrade at some point later on.

Some coffee shops had outlets for people to recharge their cellphones

I am curious, don't the professors send assignments (via internet) for you to do in case of a disaster like this?

No, all assignments are planned via blackboard so blizzard only cancel the classes but it won't change the assignments, unless professors make decision to extend the deadline or dropping.

Some coffee shops had outlets for people to recharge their cellphones

Yeah, but if they're very busy like the Starbucks on Broadway usually is, then there's not much I can do, except search for another one or a local library. Actually the library is a better option, as they're not so busy during school hours.

We were supposed to get 18-24" here. We didn't.

Attachments

• 10930876_10205855492806873_7550685054797558849_n.jpg
    10930876_10205855492806873_7550685054797558849_n.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 10
Looks like some weatherman exaggerated too much about this blizzard. Sorry for ruining the show!

Looks like some weatherman exaggerated too much about this blizzard. Sorry for ruining the show!

I don't know if they exaggerated. Nor'easter's have always been hard to predict. I'm always amazed they can even say one is going to develop when the low is still in the middle of the country.

Remember, hurricanes are hard to predict till they get close to the coast and even then, they can turn at the last minute.

Back