Are you plan to buy Window Vista?

i tried to downloads of Window Vista on my own laptop they wont running! what i do?

i tried to downloads of Window Vista on my own laptop they wont running! what i do?

Go to Best Buy or Circuit City and buy upgrade version of Vista then install and you are ready to go.

Oh, 512 MB isn't enough for all edition of Vista, however recommended is 1 GB for Home edition and 2 GB or above for Home Premimum or over.

I bet CPU on your computer must be Pentium 3 or Pentium 4, you can check view system on my computer.

Faster, latest CPU like Core 2 Duo would help speed Vista up, along with latest RAM like DDR2.

FYI this laptop isn't mine, it's friend's laptop.

This laptop is a AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual core processor.

At least I had a chance to use window vista for a while and it will be the last time I'll ever use it. :)

wow, ok didnt realise how flash drives consume more than electricity (for now)

FYI this laptop isn't mine, it's friend's laptop.

This laptop is a AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual core processor.

At least I had a chance to use window vista for a while and it will be the last time I'll ever use it. :)

I know it wasn't your laptop. ;)

AMD Athlon X2 isn't bad for Vista, just need more RAM.

Just dump it and go to internet cafe, eat your favorite candy Reese...

I know it wasn't your laptop. ;)

AMD Athlon X2 isn't bad for Vista, just need more RAM.

Just dump it and go to internet cafe, eat your favorite candy Reese...

Yep that's right needs more RAM. :lol: nah I'm not gonna spend $$$ at internet cafe. So slowpoke laptop is better than nothing. Hmm Reese's cups I do need to go shopping for that perhaps tomorrow. :)

Yep that's right needs more RAM. :lol: nah I'm not gonna spend $$$ at internet cafe. So slowpoke laptop is better than nothing. Hmm Reese's cups I do need to go shopping for that perhaps tomorrow. :)

what is that slowpoke lappy you talking about?

thanks pacman, but I meant what laptop (the one she owns, not the duelcore x2 A64 which she borrowed)and I am aware slowpoke means slower.

thanks pacman, but I meant what laptop (the one she owns, not the duelcore x2 A64 which she borrowed)and I am aware slowpoke means slower.

The AMD Athlon X2 laptop is the slowpoke belongs to my friend.

As for my own laptop Dell Inspiron 4100 *I think, can't remember: I think I have mentioned about my laptop somewhere in AD* I don't have my own laptop with me.

I had installed Vista on 2nd HDD on my PC and it worked so successfully, I had sent over few hours to install the some drivers and update the Vista, there's my desktop.
PacmanVista.png

It faster and smooth since I'm using Core 2 Duo 2.66 GHz and 2 GB 800 MHz DDR2 RAM.

Performance on games aren't great as XP but Directx 10 is worth for me.

Purplecatty,
you said that to use fast flashdrive in bigger capacity , there is a such thing you probably already aware of, the Solid state drives atm 76 GB from Samsung, maybe its bigger now i dunno. but these are on EElaptops usually with 4-5 gb in size...but yes i think you are sort of unwittingly thinking along the right track in terms of what things to come in computers. LIke they are likely to develop SSD's further with an intention to exploit this transfer speed advantage over mechanical drive so the 'future developments in Vista/windows 7, or later (NT7 technology and beyond) would show that bit of a difference for running big and heavy OS programs like Vista.

Be a waste of time getting a 4-8 GB flash drives for that purpose unless then of course you'd double your intention to use it as back up drive, that is so much easier than using cd/DVD's bluerays DVDs... hell CD is on its way out now , wow we came a long way.....

Solidstate drive also have wieght and power consumption advantages so the lappys will be far more reliable and much lighter than what we have now, not to mention probably more robust since we have eradicated the need for precision engineering required for these mechanical drives.

So yeah I reckon Windows 7 sounds good, while i still believe it's only going to a small bridge for before we actually get SSD's in the mainstream consumer market.

oh, I think DDR3 MOBOs is already out......also i wonder if Core2duo will only be good for vista, windows 7 but newer OS's afterthat it might struggle , its just i got a hunch about it.

cheers

I"ve heard the SSD hdd. Power saving isn't not much cuz it requires power to refresh and reflashes the SSD to maintain data.

DDR3 yes it already came out. you'll have to google search. FEW mobo are DDR3.

I heard about MRAM (Magnetic Random Acess Memory). This may be newest technology and replaces the need for DDR and HDD. It may be just modular Processor, MRAM that's it. You'll see the lappy or desktop says 5Ghz, 400Gb that's all. It may will boot up real quick and you can always turn it off and when you're using it. It'll get back the way you left off. No data loss.

So soon in the future, you'll see improvement and maybe no more BlueRay, DVD CD drive, It'll be replaced by flashdrive or MRAM drive that you can carry with you on a keychain.

wireless firewire, wireless USB . YOu don't have to worry about tangled USB or Firewire cables.... I think Bluetooth will stay.

I can see in the future that DVD, Blueray, and CD will be replaced by thumbdrives (either flash or MRAM) so no worry about scratched, cracked or broken disk!! You'll have to replace all A/V equiptment for newest technology for movie rentals.

Catty

Correct about no loss data when shut computer down but you turn computer on and MRAM's power is very high like crazy than normal ram.

No point to use MRAM drive for keychain.

It's fascinating about the MRAM, as per Highlander's reference to the high power use on power-up (or continuously?) would hopefully be solved...which may explain why it hasnt been introduced yet into mainstream. Blue-ray may die out quickly like Beta Video tapes did in the mid-1980's in favour of VHS. Like so many developement/progress of computers from way, way back in the early 1980's cassette tapes were the norm, and floppy disk drives were exotic for data storage. In which this would be a similar way that blue ray is the exotic right now. Since the early 2000's we had seen exponential increases in performances in nearly every aspects of computer designs that it won't be surprising to witness that by late 2000s, within a decade, an era of an all-solid state computer technology would be well found.

Back