Are you OUT ?

I don't know I have post this before, I don't remember it. Okay, It depends who I'm out to. I'm out to my family and some of my cool friends. There's no way for me to tell the whole world that "I'm freaking gayyyyyy" and look at my booty with a rainbow sticker, No no not like that HA!. Yeah, I'm glad to be part of the GLBT. MWWWAHH!. Peace ;)

I am halfway bi but if my church figure it out, I don't worry about them. It will just feel good because I never know someone might be hiding and think about me. ;-)

I'm half way out, and I'm in a relationship that I'm trying to hide (and having guilt trips over). It's sad, it really is that I live in an area where I have to hide a part of me inside. It's sad that that I have to be concerned with whether or not I would be loved. I know if it were found out, I'd be cast out from my church and just short of being cast out of my community. It's very nerve wracking. I'd love for my partner to come over, but I don't want to tell her she can't because people I know here are ultra conservative and that people around here aren't that accepting. I mean I could hide the relationship as a friendship but it still wouldn't be right to my partner.

yup, am out <bi>...but in rural or more conservative areas, can be very difficult.
Am sorry, Dixie. But am glad you have found someone to share with

:hug:

I wish I had the balls to just come right out, but I don't. I'm living a double life and it's hard, I just hope it doesnt come crashing down all in my face. I have to put on the conservative front for my family and friends around here, and then I get to remove that mask with my partner and other people I know.

There's people I know that would be disappointed in me if they found out and I don't want to see that look of disappointment. I know some will just flat out stop talking to me period, those are relationships I would wish to keep, but the truth would push them away.

Although I could come out peacefully on FB and its up to them if they take notice or not.

I'm out to most people that I know, and just recently came out to my mom (what a nightmare that all was...)

One of my co-workers asked me to see if Im gay other day front of several co-workers and my answer was: "Who knows?" that sparked everyone's curiosity!

Or should I have said that, "Yes, I'm gay." ?

One of my co-workers asked me to see if Im gay other day front of several co-workers and my answer was: "Who knows?" that sparked everyone's curiosity!

Or should I have said that, "Yes, I'm gay." ?

You just have to play your words carefully. You could say that you respect anyone. I don't know what would happen if you say to them, otherwise you might lose your job - who knows. If your community is well known for gay/lesbian social, then maybe yes...

Any company that would fire someone based on their sexuality is not really worth working for, in my opinion.

:eek2: Sure i am out I am actually seeking hearing interpreter woman for partner, or hard of hearing woman.. so any out there holla at me here in TX.

I'll read your cards for you!
Hi I am a hearing lesbian that is going thru the Sign Language Interpreter program. I would be interested in chatting with you,if you are. I just signed up on this website as Goodyy. Let me know and I can give you an email address.

Im fully out and proud!! I have alot of straight friends and co worker accept me for me. I have never had anyone giving me a hard time of me being gay at all. They have alot of respect for me. Long as they respect me they get that in return. Life is too short to dwell on prejudice and racism. We will always be who we are. Either you like us or not! Nothing will change that. My parents are pretty cool with it. They understand my lifestyle. My brother dont know it. Im sure in due time he will. Other than that.. Be proud!! Be YOU!! Be unique and show them that you dont tolerate any circumstances what so ever!

am bi, out - yup. Unless direct threat to my safety. But I'd have to be in certain circumstances for that; in my social groups and family pretty open, or at least tolerant-

I'm completely out. Family, friends, coworkers all know. I'm hoping it won't affect my chosen career as a teacher. However, I do feel it's an asset for my newfound career as a writer. In fact, my first book has a gay protagonist. :)

I'm actually out to my friends at college. I've been outed to my family before, but I recently had a girlfriend and we were doing great until I realized ... "Damn Bri, you're fooling yourself here. You may like and truly care about her, but you're attracted to men dude!"

So my family thinks I've finally become straight, well bad news for them.

So, I guess you could say I'm halfway in and halfway out.

heh...I can't remember if I posted here before either and am too damn lazy to go filtring through all the posts. I was in the closet for a while, then came out - at first little by little, then just living pretty openly though wearing badges and all isn't my thing. I swore I'd never live in the closet again. Then I moved to Turkey, and most people here just can't get it. So now my policy (wow, I have a policy!) is to be open with people who are my close friends, give others time, and not bring it up in professional circles. Of course the boundaries aren't always so clear. I'm increasingy involved both socially and as a vounteer with a deaf association here and making some good frienships along the way...and it will probably come out eventuall.

When I first came out I was more militant. Now to be honest I find it tiresome. In the US, especially in the liberal city I lived in, people generally just figured it out and it was never a big deal. Here, people tend not to get it, or feel it but don't want to admit it so they'll keep throwing questions like "how come you never got married?" and "so do you think you'll ever get married?" and "don't you think you better get married" bla bla bla... I usually just let this kind of people wonder because if they're too uncomfortable with the idea to just ask, then they probably won't be comfortable with the answer. (I even got grilled on the marriage thing on a TV interview that was supposed to be about completely other things!) So I think hard before I actually take the step.

In rural areas though, forget it. I even visited a friend in E. Turkey and we decided we'd tell his parents that I had married and divorced. They were all curious about it, so i told them the whole story of the breakup of a long-term relationship I had, conveniently changing the genders involved. ;)

Back