Are you OUT ?

out

I'm fully out to everyone. I'm not ashamed of who I am. When it came to my previous work environment, I never advertised it, but if co-workers were interested in getting to know me and asked me about who was in my life and such. I'm totally honest about it. 100% of the time, it has been accepting by others. I never ever had a problem at work about it.

When I first started to recognize my attraction towards the same sex in my late teens, it took me by surprise. I did not verbalize it because i didn't understand it myself yet. It took me a couple of years to understand myself and to finally have the courage to come out about who I am.

I learnt to understand what it really means to come out. We need to first feel confident and good about ourselves and who we are first before we can be open about it because there is still some unacceptance towards gays and lesbians in our society. We need to be able to withstand rejection if it happens to come our way, so we don't feel vulnerable. That is why we need to take our time to be strong inside first. No one should ever be forced to come out when they are not ready.

My fiancee wasn't ready to come out to her mother yet. This relationship was new to her. I never put pressure on her to come out as that's something we each have to take our own time with.

I'm 19 and I'm out since I was
14 it was kinda hard for my dad's family to accept but they did.
I'm pretty proud of who I am and have no reason to hide it

When I first started to recognize my attraction towards the same sex in my late teens, it took me by surprise. I did not verbalize it because i didn't understand it myself yet. It took me a couple of years to understand myself and to finally have the courage to come out about who I am.

I learnt to understand what it really means to come out. We need to first feel confident and good about ourselves and who we are first before we can be open about it because there is still some unacceptance towards gays and lesbians in our society
Ditto! Me too! I was SO freaking confused. I don't think I will ever forget lying in my bunk at summer camp trying to sort out all those confusing feelings. I'm still trying to come to terms with those feelings to an extent. Like I think of the feelings that I have for Hannah, and they are really nice. It feels awesome and nautral to love her the way I do. But every so often I'll catch myself being kinda freaked out that I'm actually in love with a GIRL?!??!

im 20, been out since like 11 lol. but still not many ppl know. my best friend is a homophobe and he doesnt know. but yeah, im gay, but i dont make a point of telling anyone. they ask, then i tell lol.

the reason I'm not totally out is not b/c I'm ashamed of it or anything.....for me it was just INCREDIBLY confusing being attracted to girls. I had always thought I was a straight chick. So far the people I've been attracted to, have all been girls, but I see nothing preventing me from being attracted to guys. I'm attracted to the personality, not the fact that someone has a penis or vagina.

I am out, 99%. Meaning everyone who knows me knows I am a lesbian. However, in a new setting, I will hang back and make sure it's "okay" before disclosing anything personal about myself.

I am out, 99%. Meaning everyone who knows me knows I am a lesbian. However, in a new setting, I will hang back and make sure it's "okay" before disclosing anything personal about myself.

Ugh, don't you hate having to do that? It's so annooyyyying. I mean, I do it too but I would rather live in a world where I didn't have to.

I have became more comfortable with being out. But I only talk of my outness when the topic is brought up .

At first I didn't think this thread would pertain to me at all. After all I am straight; what is to be in or out about?

Then I had an experience the other day.

Most of my friends and family are straight and I don't walk around with a T-shirt on that says, "Beware of me, I know GLB's and T's".

I have a couple of grandsons who are gay, but it doesn't really show, and some of my grand daughters have a close friend who is totally femmed out and to all intents and purposes he is one of my granddaughters too. Plus I have a couple of friends who are this or that.

Every once in a while people who think they know me get the shock of their life.

Like the other day when a guy I did not know ran up to me; says he recognizes me; and begins to gush about what a sexy hunk a mutual friend of ours is.

Wish someone had been filming the expressions on the faces of the men I was with at the time.

I have been out since I was 14!
WOW! It was only when I was fifteen, almost sixteen that I fell in love with a girl......and it was just so instantaous. I still think to this day if my friend had not kissed me on the cheek, I would have just thought that we were best friends. The second she kissed me on the cheek, I KNEW I was not straight.
It was such a change. I remember the school year, we had health class. We had a thing where we could submit questions. I asked (annoymously) how glb people had sex. From that to thinking about my best friend sexually was quite a change!

Im out to those that need to know and to others I am not. But I like to see myself as a normal person that just happens to be gay. I dont want a person to judge me on my sexual preference, I would rather I be judged on my merits (or the lack-thereof).

I would love to be in a position to open the door in this community where your preference isnt something you have to be ashamed of and struggle with personally. Don't get me wrong, I live in a very rural, very conservative community. If you're gay and want to go straight feel comfortable about it someday then there's help for you without having to go through a religious flogging. If your gay and just want to happy with it and feel comfortable in your skin, there's help for that too.

Everyone has a right to feel happy with themselves. Everyone has a right to find someone they are genuinely happy with.

Some of us go home to a husband, and some of us go home to a wife, whichever one we choose to go home to is our personal business.

Back