Votes: 4 11.4%
  • No, my hearing loss is very profound, I don't get much benefit

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • No, I never wear them for one reason or another

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my aids is dead and the place I bought it from refuses to fix it as I did not fully pay them off yet. I am on a payment plan with 1/4th of the total cost still to go. So I am not happy.

One of my aids is dead and the place I bought it from refuses to fix it as I did not fully pay them off yet. I am on a payment plan with 1/4th of the total cost still to go. So I am not happy.

Why didn't you go through VR?

One of the woman I know simply refused to guess, she told the audiologist it's either all or nothing, if I am not 100% sure I understood the word or sentence correctly, I am staying silent...It's sad, they are fooling only themselves and I wouldn't be surprised if they go into denial after they find out their CI is no better than their HAs.

If a CI audi allows a person to get away with not guessing during a hearing test, then it is the fault of the audi for not being responsible enough to ensure that no cheating is taking place. Like I said, my former CI audi required me to guess even if I had no idea what I was hearing. It was difficult for me to come up with some answers because I simply could not understand what I was hearing. Sometimes I would say "I don't know" because I couldn't even venture a guess, so she would respond, "What do you think it is?" and I would make something up only because I couldn't tell if I was hearing consonants or vowels (this was primarily with the single word list).

Just a polite reminder, this thread is about hearing aids not cochlear implants.

what is vr?

Washington State Division of Vocational Rehabilitation.

They assist individuals with disabilities in obtaining an education, hearing aids, etc, etc.

You could get your college education/hearing aids paid by VR. :cool2:

They assist individuals with disabilities in obtaining an education, hearing aids, etc, etc.

The lady, deaf of course, that takes on the deaf clients at the local dvr office would not even take me on as a client. The reason why are:

1. I did not want to work that very day and couldn't due to my other disabilities. As i was told, seeking employment or wanting to obtain work is a requirement for getting their services.

2. She did not believe I was actually deaf as my signing was not perfect. Which is mostly her fault as she did not sign clear in anything she was signing. Some of her signing was so sloppy that It was not even inline with the 5 parameters of sign. Of course, in her eyes though .. it was all my fault and not her's.

The lady, deaf of course, that takes on the deaf clients at the local dvr office would not even take me on as a client. The reason why are:

1. I did not want to work that very day and couldn't due to my other disabilities. As i was told, seeking employment or wanting to obtain work is a requirement for getting their services.

2. She did not believe I was actually deaf as my signing was not perfect. Which is mostly her fault as she did not sign clear in anything she was signing. Some of her signing was so sloppy that It was not even inline with the 5 parameters of sign. Of course, in her eyes though .. it was all my fault and not her's.

And you didn't file for an appeal?

I would think it would still be under warranty if it is still being paid for.

My purchase agreement was signed on 9-15-08. I have a 1 year warranty from that date. So I am still under warranty. However, I probably violated the terms of this agreement when the person paying on my aids missed several payments. Based on that they probably would not have to honor the warranty.

I would think it would still be under warranty if it is still being paid for.

My purchase agreement was signed on 9-15-08. I have a 1 year warranty from that date. So I am still under warranty. However, I probably violated the terms of this agreement when the person paying on my aids missed several payments. Based on that they probably would not have to honor the warranty.

You might want to check that. The warranty usually is not dependent on payment schedules. Its a time limit contract. Worth checking into if it will get your HA fixed.

I would check into that too...that doesn't sound right:S

Actually, "VR" is short for vocational rehabilitation. The description you stated is right, but the full title varies by location.

The one in Texas used to be called Texas Rehabilitation Commission (aka TRC). They later changed it to Department of Assistive Rehabilitative Services (aka DARS).

Actually, "VR" is short for vocational rehabilitation. The description you stated is right, but the full title varies by location.

The one in Texas used to be called Texas Rehabilitation Commission (aka TRC). They later changed it to Department of Assistive Rehabilitative Services (aka DARS).

Its called DVR here. Its a part of Dshs, the state department that does all the welfare stuff. And I'm really not into taking welfare.

You might want to check that. The warranty usually is not dependent on payment schedules. Its a time limit contract. Worth checking into if it will get your HA fixed.

Are you a contract lawyer? Unless you are I don't think its a good idea to give me any suggestion that could be construed as legal advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back