Are you guys sick of europe?

flip

Reaction score
Inspired by another thread, I challenged myself to see if I could come up with what's wrong with europe, and realized europe not is that perfect.

Many politicans and corporates are corrupted here. It's plenty of cases, look at Italy, where the ruling party was funded with aid from the scilly mafia, or France, where presidents have been caught taking money from oil companies. Not to mention Iceland, the nation that went bankrupt, with the aid from greedy politicans and stock traders in London and Den Haag.

Almost half of the money that runs through the european economy have been in the hands of the russian, alban and italian mafias. They make money on human trafficking, drugs, weapons, fake products, illegal waste and so on. The mafias also controll prostitution and drugs where it's legal, that's the real reason the goverment want to shut down red light disctrict and cofee shops in amsterdam. Getting a decent job in Italy, without getting in touch with mafias is hard. The criminal systems are everywhere, and it's not cool like in Godfather, just ugly, limiting and greedy.

Racism is emberassing, people fear Islam, and switzerland try to ban minarets. Europe, unlike the US, don't have a glue on how to include immigrants into the societies. Immigrants from north africa are put into slavery around the midterrean countries. It was in europe holocaust happened. It was europeans who traveled to america and killed indians.

The last thing about europe, is the old history. Europe reminds me of a teared down place, tired of all the conflicts, empires, religions and wars that have ruled the continent. All that is left in europe, is the myth of ancient nations, even if most, if not all nations emerged just a couple of centuries ago. And that myth is showing cracks nowdays, rendering europe even more wrecked.

All we got left, is a free press and health care.

I want to move!

So do I. I want to move there for 5 or 6 years of working and then come back with my saved money.

So do I. I want to move there for 5 or 6 years of working and then come back with my saved money.

Then you have to choose wisely where and what you want to work with. Eastern european countries got pretty low salaries, while Switzerland are much better off. Iceland is bankrupt, Greece and Spain is on the edge. Other countries may follow. I doubt you can get working permissions in a european country with ok salaries, by the way. Europe is a fortify, trying to keep everyone out.

Citizens in eastern europe accept lower salaries in west of europe, wich in turn, lowers salaries for everyone in europe. Corporates makes lots of money on this in the short run, but everyone seems to get poorer in the lon run.

We are going back to medieval ages.

I always wanted to move to England.. Lots of history..Don't think I"ll ever move there though. I rememeber i got some brit mad at me and she said i'd be taking jobs away from the natives.

I like europe:rockon: So many different cultures and lifestyle all within short distance of each other. Just a 1 hour flight and I can be in romantic Paris, or lie on a sunny Spanish beach:D Or London to visit relitaves:D

In my perfect world everywhere is perfect. Except for the fact that I am living in fantasy land. The old saying about the grass being greener holds true. When I was in the service I developed a higher appreciation for the USA after visiting many other countries. Even though we have our problems, we really have it fairly good here.

No country's perfect.

I want to go to Europe too! :) We may/may not be going a trip to Europe in a little over a year. We're still trying to decide on a place. The idea of the UK was supported by everyone, but now I don't know.

i agreed with partygirl i love europe because its history expect king&queen and lots of mores but i dont hates europe..

my boyfriend James been raise england for his life but he will moves to Australia very soon..

I like Europe only to visit but to live, nah. I'm happy here in the United States.

One way or another, our life is pretty much in the pit anyhow.

Wise words. Threads like those should be taken with a grain of salt, but europe have too many flaws to praise it up in the sky, IMHO.

I always wanted to move to England.. Lots of history..Don't think I"ll ever move there though. I rememeber i got some brit mad at me and she said i'd be taking jobs away from the natives.

Yeah, that's the typical european attitute I know of, quite terrorital. Fortunately not everyone is like that, but my impression is it's much more common in europe than US. It's normal for soccer fans to group up for massive fights after matches, never heard of that kind of violent behavior in NFL, NBA etc.

Europe would be a perfect place to live if it was not for those blasted europeans!:roll:

Why I should be sick of Europe?? I never go to Europe for vacation in my whole life. I would love to go visit there someday. I always want go travel to Europe in England, Ireland, France, Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Poland, Belgium, Austria, Czech, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Ukraine, Croatia, Russia, Cyrus and other countries. I prefer not visit to Bosnia and bad country. I don't want to live in Europe. I am happy where I live in freedom country in USA.

Hehe, Europe's not so bad! I'm sorry you had a bad experience with a brit deafskeptic. I shal do my best to fly the flag for the nice brits out there (of which there are many - esp on AD :) )

I heard that in UK, you have to eat pizza with a fork and knife. They do not cut pizza in slices...you cut some of them yourself. It is not proper to eat a pizza with your hands over there. My friend visited UK and learned about that, ha.

I eat pizza with my hands..and it's in slices. I don't like the policies of the European Union, or the political state of affairs in Britain at the moment, but physically I like where I live. We have lovely scenery in Devon and Cornwall, and I'd like to visit Scotland, Ireland, France etc. I think the problem with the EU is that people treat many differing countries as 'Europe' when they have entirely different cultures.

I am sick of the politics though, everything is so intolerant and it feels like the world is screaming go to war, spend money, give money, hate everyone. I'm sick of xenophobia, Islamophobia, racism...

I eat pizza with my hands..and it's in slices. I don't like the policies of the European Union, or the political state of affairs in Britain at the moment, but physically I like where I live. We have lovely scenery in Devon and Cornwall, and I'd like to visit Scotland, Ireland, France etc. I think the problem with the EU is that people treat many differing countries as 'Europe' when they have entirely different cultures.

I am sick of the politics though, everything is so intolerant and it feels like the world is screaming go to war, spend money, give money, hate everyone. I'm sick of xenophobia, Islamophobia, racism...

That's interesting. Can I ask you a question? What kind of Europe's political views? In USA's political views are Democratic, Republican, Liberation, some independence and Centrist. Our US President Obama is Democratic in present time.

I heard that in UK, you have to eat pizza with a fork and knife. They do not cut pizza in slices...you cut some of them yourself. It is not proper to eat a pizza with your hands over there. My friend visited UK and learned about that, ha.

In UK u can eat pizza however you like. In pizza hut, people eat with knives n forks, some with hands. I eat with my hands LOL Some pizza places here like Pizza hut and pizza shops do cut into slices

Back