• Terrified!

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • No problem

Votes: 28 29.2%
  • Don't like them, but it's no big deal

Votes: 47 49.0%

• Total voters
eek! change the title to "warning: graphic!"

Terrified. They hurt badly. I never believed in lying to children, so I always made a point to let them know it really hurts if I knew they would have to have a shot.

Had the opposite reaction. They both always insisted that shots absolutely do not hurt.

Maybe I got such terror because when I first remember shots, I had no communication.

Actually, sometimes telling them it hurt make them tense. My son goes in allergy shots and I told him that it will hurt, but the hurt will go away quickly. He found it comforting that the hurt will go away quickly.

I don't really like needles cuz my veins are so small.....hard to get my blood drawn...same with IV...ugh!

Getting shots does sucks too!

Actually, sometimes telling them it hurt make them tense. My son goes in allergy shots and I told him that it will hurt, but the hurt will go away quickly. He found it comforting that the hurt will go away quickly.

My children are grown up. Quite successful and one has two children of her own. They both hear so can understand at a young age.

I had no idea how to parent because when I was I small child I did not know what was going on due to autism and deafness.

I hope I have made this clear to all. Whether right or wrong to tell kids a shot hurts, my two kids grew up and they love me.

Also they think my shot terror is funny.

My children are grown up. Quite successful and one has two children of her own. They both hear so can understand at a young age.

I had no idea how to parent because when I was I small child I did not know what was going on due to autism and deafness.

I hope I have made this clear to all. Whether right or wrong to tell kids a shot hurts, my two kids grew up and they love me.

Botti - we all love ya bunches!!

I pick on hubby about his shot terror. He actually passed out when he got a tetanus shot.

Autistic people usually have a terrible problem with telling lies. And by that I mean it is usually almost impossible. There are even classes in public schools today to work with autistic people on the nicety of social lies.

That's news to me. When I was in elementary school, one of my best friends had a mild form of aspergers and he was a compulsive liar. He wasn't very good at it, though, because you could always tell when he was lying. He's in my high school and I talk to him from time to time. He's gotten better and doesn't lie near as much, but I can still tell when he's lying. He lied about the silliest things sometimes. I guess because his autism is quite mild, maybe there are certain things that don't affect him as much?

Anyway, I know this was off-topic.

I don't like having to get a needle, but I'm always fine. It doesn't hurt.

The only thing that scares me about needles, is whether the person can find my veins and do the job properly. One time I ended up with painful bruises on my arm, because the nurse had trouble inserting the needle into my vein.

:lol: I want to change my vote.

I had a nail go through my bicep once. It didn't feel too good. I also took a bullet through my calf.....that actually didn't hurt too bad. Healing was more painful than actually being shot. Needles....no problem.

I eat needles for breakfast.

If I had a couple laying around I'd youtube me piercing myself.

I am sure a nursing program at a local college could use you to teach nursing students how to give shots, draw blood and put IV.

That should meet your daily cravings.

:laugh2:

:Ohno::Ohno::eek3: I avoid shots at all costs!...Can't bear to look at the doctor/nurse who is gonna give me a shot....or the needle!...Even a single prick of my finger for a blood sample...(I keep pulling my finger away)....feel so stupid!

When my boys had to have shots before entering the 7th grade, I stood outside the room. They were fine with it!

I was just thinking to myself... I would rather be pierced than have a shot, is that bizarre? o_O

Always terrified and always have an anxiety attack when I'm in a dentist chair.. My heart beats soooooo fast - my head gets light-headed.
But in the doctor's office, I look away when I get a shot. Once in awhile I get the anxiety attack. When watching any show on TV, I cover my eyes when I see a syringe being pricked into the skin. BUT I dont mind being pierced or tattooed. Weird, ain't it?

Pause the movie...thats evil!:giggle:

Hairy spiders...actually my wife is terrified of them too :roll:...I sense another poll idea:hmm:... :lol:

Nah, I'm not afraid of spiders. Sometime I pick it up and throw it outside.. For Daddy Long Legs - I let them walk on my arm or leg.

Last edited:
I don't really like needles cuz my veins are so small.....hard to get my blood drawn...same with IV...ugh!

Getting shots does sucks too!

Ugh, the nurses LOVE my veins. They always said "oh my goodness, you have very nice veins!" VERY easy for them to draw blood from me.

No big deal, just saying that some children get tense. I think it depends on the child and you know what works. you can tell he is handling it well so no need to add anything to it. I found it that it didn't work for my son telling him that it will hurt, when I saw he was getting a little scared, I knew I had to do something so I quickly told him not to worry, the hurt will go away quickly. that's when he felt alittle better.

I hope you didn't think I was lying to my kids. I just didn't want them to be scared. I have no problem and wanted them to be able to live through them as well. The kids know they hurt, but they put on a brave face now and will still try to giggle. It really freaks out the person giving the shot. :giggle:

:giggle: That's so funny that they giggle. How on earth did you get them to giggle while they were getting the shots?

I've so many needles poked into me in my life. I'm good about it, but my tolerance goes down if I go through too many pokings in such a short time. Fortunately, the lowered tolerance lasts a year. Four years ago, I had SO MANY blood draws and a lumbar puncture (spinal tap) done in 3 days I was in the hospital.

No big deal, just saying that some children get tense. I think it depends on the child and you know what works. you can tell he is handling it well so no need to add anything to it. I found it that it didn't work for my son telling him that it will hurt, when I saw he was getting a little scared, I knew I had to do something so I quickly told him not to worry, the hurt will go away quickly. that's when he felt alittle better.

Hi, I read through this now, and like a smart person, I am back after taking a break so I would shut up! :lol:

I don't know what my daughter said to her three year old, but she did tell me that she does not think they hurt either.

I don't understand how it could not.

Back