Are there any Deaf Ownership of VRS?

oibray

Reaction score
Are there any Deaf Ownership of VRS? Due to this video!

[URL="http://deafnewspaper.com/services/youtube/ryan_commerson.html

Yes, ConvoRelay, Win.Tv, ASLWave, etc are Deaf owned. But not FCC Certified, just white label currently.

Funny thing is Convo is in the top 5 VRS providers and the only white label in the top 5.

Excellent video by Ryan. I would update that list - one or more of these companies you mentioned are either no longer in operation or no longer "100% deaf owned and operated" as they'd like you to think.

Another company mentioned by Ryan - Say Hey is another VRS company in the FCC certification process. Rather than churn the tired marketing line of 'excellent quality VRS' that everyone uses, it is the interpreting industry they strive to revolutonize.

Open your eyes to who your VRS calls are actually going to. Have a say in it all, like Ryan emphasizes.

Say Hey Communications

Excellent video by Ryan. I would update that list - one or more of these companies you mentioned are either no longer in operation or no longer "100% deaf owned and operated" as they'd like you to think.

Another company mentioned by Ryan - Say Hey is another VRS company in the FCC certification process. Rather than churn the tired marketing line of 'excellent quality VRS' that everyone uses, it is the interpreting industry they strive to revolutonize.

Open your eyes to who your VRS calls are actually going to. Have a say in it all, like Ryan emphasizes.

Say Hey Communications

What list?

Are there any glasses manufactures owned by blind people? Weight loss owned by fat people? lol :)

Unless I am mistaken, from reading the document it look like Convo entered an agreement with SnapVRS and is going to rebrand itself as SnapVRS

No. Theyve been subcontractors of Snap. Give it a month and we'll see what happens. :)

Convo look bad.. For example Viable was with SnapVRS. Now Convo with SnapVRS.. Deaf ownership? Its very confusing message to community. Convo cannot get FCC certificated for a while. FCC refused to give Convo cuz its not following FCC rules. So, I fuck Convo period!

No. Theyve been subcontractors of Snap. Give it a month and we'll see what happens. :)

Taken from the document

Convo will be rebranded under a Snap logo that includes reference to Convo as a subcontractor of Snap

It look to me they rebranding itself as SnapVRS even they are only a subcontractor of SnapVRS

Convo look bad.. For example Viable was with SnapVRS. Now Convo with SnapVRS.. Deaf ownership? Its very confusing message to community. Convo cannot get FCC certificated for a while. FCC refused to give Convo cuz its not following FCC rules. So, I fuck Convo period!

If Convo got certified by the FCC and became a stand alone provider without being a subcontractor would you go back to Convo?

I noticed the SnapVRS logo on ConvoVRS app when I installed it today.

I noticed the SnapVRS logo on ConvoVRS app when I installed it today.

viable is very big lie because hurting ruin because waste of time because people complaint I heard it war because money someone told me!

While not Deaf-owned, there's CODA VRS now.......not yet certified but on the way....

Back