Are Drug Users Persecuted?

I'm advocating keeping it illegal because of the numerous negative effects over all domains.

same here. I'm advocating legalization of certain drugs such as heroine, cocaine, and marijuana but hard drugs should be done at "clean clinic" under watchful eyes by medical professionals.

same here. I'm advocating legalization of certain drugs such as heroine, cocaine, and marijuana but hard drugs should be done at "clean clinic" under watchful eyes by medical professionals.

Marijuana I think should be legalized. Heroin and cocaine, not so much. But I am in favor of, and have written a proposal for, a clean needle program. It serves to control negative consequences and reduce overall harm much more than legalization would.

Marijuana I think should be legalized. Heroin and cocaine, not so much. But I am in favor of, and have written a proposal for, a clean needle program. It serves to control negative consequences and reduce overall harm much more than legalization would.

The reason why I'm in favor of legalizing heroin and cocaine is because it's best to get it cleared away in order to start up clean needle program just to remove bureaucracy headache between state and federal governments when it comes to enforcing drug laws. I'm sure you've already heard in news several times about DEA "breaking into" clinics. Just because state government legally recognizes it doesn't mean federal government recognizes it.

Marijuana = ok for public but just like alcohol - don't do it outside but keep it inside your house
Heroin & Cocaine = not available for public but available only at clinics

The reason why I'm in favor of legalizing heroin and cocaine is because it's best to get it cleared away in order to start up clean needle program just to remove bureaucracy headache between state and federal governments when it comes to enforcing drug laws.

Marijuana = ok for public but just like alcohol - don't do it outside but keep it inside your house
Heroin & Cocaine = not available for public but available only at clinics

Well, cocaine is not physically addicting, so there really isn't a need for management in a clinic.

Seboxone and methadone are already available at clinics for heroin users.

Clean needle programs actually succeed in getting addicts into treatment and off drugs at a greater rate than anything else currently available.

Right. When I had a bout with kidney stones about a year ago, I was very glad to take the IV dilaudid, and used the Percocet after I was released. I just did not use it past the point of need.

Hydromorphine! We call it "De La La" at the pharmacy. :giggle: Hydromorphine, is some good stuff!! I had it when I had an ectopic pregancy rupture. My SO said he watched my face just melt and droop as they shot it up my viens.

That is one of the top scheduled pain reliever. People only get that when they are in Extreme pain.

Well, cocaine is not physically addicting, so there really isn't a need for management in a clinic.

Seboxone and methadone are already available at clinics for heroin users.

Clean needle programs actually succeed in getting addicts into treatment and off drugs at a greater rate than anything else currently available.

oh ok then whatever works just to dirty drugs and crimes off the street :lol:

Hydromorphine! We call it "De La La" at the pharmacy. :giggle: Hydromorphine, is some good stuff!! I had it when I had an ectopic pregancy rupture. My SO said he watched my face just melt and droop as they shot it up my viens.

That is one of the top scheduled pain reliever. People only get that when they are in Extreme pain.

Yeah! I could feel my body just relaxing all over and my face going into a goofy smile!

The nurse that gave it to me asked me if I had ever had IV dilaudid before, and I said I hadn't. She said, "Get ready, you're gonna love this!":lol:

oh ok then whatever works just to dirty drugs and crimes off the street :lol:

I agree, but my primary goals is to reduce the number of suffering addicts. That will reduce the dirty drugs and the crime associated. The problem with the war on drugs is that it has gone at things from the rear end.:P

Yeah! I could feel my body just relaxing all over and my face going into a goofy smile!

The nurse that gave it to me asked me if I had ever had IV dilaudid before, and I said I hadn't. She said, "Get ready, you're gonna love this!":lol:

Yup, it sent you off in La la land. :lol: I took it for two days!! None of the other IV pain meds can compare to Dilaudid! They often use it for cancer patients as well, in the pill form and/or IV form.

Yup, it sent you off in La la land. :lol: I took it for two days!! None of the other IV pain meds can compare to Dilaudid! They often use it for cancer patients as well, in the pill form and/or IV form.

Yes, they gave it to me IV for 2 days, then gave me oral Percocet when I was released. I think the half life of dilaudid must be fairly long, though, because I know it stayed with me for at least 24 hours. I only took one Percocet that first 24 hours home.

Hydromorphine means it is a water soluble morphine, right?

Yes, they gave it to me IV for 2 days, then gave me oral Percocet when I was released. I think the half life of dilaudid must be fairly long, though, because I know it stayed with me for at least 24 hours. I only took one Percocet that first 24 hours home.

Hydromorphine means it is a water soluble morphine, right?

believe it or not the half life is only about 2-3 hours. Which is why they give it to you every 4-6 hours. They oxycodone/APAP you were taking afterwards may have linger the feeling.

You know... Good question.. I think it is water soluble. I do not think it is fat soluble. I will find out for you.

believe it or not the half life is only about 2-3 hours. Which is why they give it to you every 4-6 hours. They oxycodone/APAP you were taking afterwards may have linger the feeling.

You know... Good question.. I think it is water soluble. I do not think it is fat soluble. I will find out for you.

Wow! I'm surprised at the half life. Must have been the oxycodone, then.

Its not really important. I was just curious.

I hope they will give it to my dad when he undergoes radiation therapy. Or maybe Chemo is the painful therapy. Fortunately, he doesn't have to undergo it.

I hope they will give it to my dad when he undergoes radiation therapy. Or maybe Chemo is the painful therapy. Fortunately, he doesn't have to undergo it.

Radiation is usually not painful, and the thing with chemo is the horrible nausea. But they will give him strong anti-emetics for that.

Do you have the same animosity towards people taking antidepressents/psychotics? They have similar warning labels on the bottle.

btw the charge would be manslaughter

um..... that's not what the laws say. the law says that if you are under influence by ANY SUBSTANCE - including prescription..... and if your driving ability is impaired by ANY SUBSTANCE - including prescription, you should not be driving.

People were impaired or under influence by their prescription and they have crashed. And if they crashed, they will be charged with DWI/DUI and they better hope they didn't kill anybody because that is a homicide charge.

Do you have the same animosity towards people taking antidepressents/psychotics? They have similar warning labels on the bottle.

btw the charge would be manslaughter

People don't take psychotics.;)

Radiation is usually not painful, and the thing with chemo is the horrible nausea. But they will give him strong anti-emetics for that.

Regarding radiation therapy, nausea is often common early in the treatment, same with hair loss. Sometimes, your skin may change too as well. However, they are also at risk of developing lung and heart problems later. It usually takes years to develop though.

Back