Are any other Bikers here?

I use my brother's bike but I don't have any biker related with motorcycle.

HiBluE01

C.C.Sinned said:
I just get pissed at all the posers these days. There are so many guys that watch American Chopper or Biker Build Off. Then go out & buy a bunch T-shirts. Start saying Bro, Ol Skool a crap like that. Claim they are the Real Deal....
I know better than to "play" biker, ha, ha. I respect and admire bikers, but I know that I am not one. I attend the biker shows but everyone knows I don't fit in. You can spot me easy. Last year I was the only person (no kidding) attending wearing khakis. This year, at least I worn jeans, ha, ha.

...When they don't even know what the difference between Evo or Shovel.
I don't know all that either but I ask questions. I know just enough to not get into trouble. ;)

Yea! I rode Shovelhead Harley few times, and I DO know what it looks like. Totally different than his picture. That Shovelhead harley (FLHS) is really nice bike, I still prefer Yamaha V-star custom 1100cc over this Harley! Real loud MOFO!!! (It has cobra straight pipe on it).

C.C.Sinned said:
There is a lot of custom work on that Evo Scooter. He may have made a typo. Instead of typing 1991. He could have typed 1971 instead. :dunno:

I just get pissed at all the posers these days. There are so many guys that watch American Chopper or Biker Build Off. Then go out & buy a bunch T-shirts. Start saying Bro, Ol Skool a crap like that. Claim they are the Real Deal. When they don't even know what the difference between Evo or Shovel. I had one jack ass trying to tell my his restored to stock specs HD Servicar had a Knucklehead motor. The motors used in servicars were 45 inch flatties. The Meter Maids could hit a whooping 55 mph if their ass wasn't fat. So I really doubt he even owned one...
Moral of this brief rant - Stupidity should be painfull

Reba said:
I know better than to "play" biker, ha, ha. I respect and admire bikers, but I know that I am not one. I attend the biker shows but everyone knows I don't fit in. You can spot me easy. Last year I was the only person (no kidding) attending wearing khakis. This year, at least I worn jeans, ha, ha.

I don't know all that either but I ask questions. I know just enough to not get into trouble. ;)
If you have any questions just ask me?
Are you going to the Horse Back Street choppers Smokey Mountain Smoke Out? It is in Salisbury in June...

Beware of the naked people. It is a real wild party...

diehardbiker65 said:
Yea! I rode Shovelhead Harley few times, and I DO know what it looks like. Totally different than his picture. That Shovelhead harley (FLHS) is really nice bike, I still prefer Yamaha V-star custom 1100cc over this Harley! Real loud MOFO!!! (It has cobra straight pipe on it).
What type of Bike do you plan on getting in the future? A V-Star or a HD??? :smoking:

Harley Lover And Rider

my husband and bro-n-law are both riders. no rice burners in this family. i love the open road and the great feel of riding w'sissy bar on back and hubby in the front!! almost as great as sex!!! w/the 2 it's hard to tell who's having more fun!!!! :cuddle: :doh: :69: :applause: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Hey, maybe and it is difficult to predict future. I already rode on Gold Wing... not bad. I would love to have 3 or more bike in my garage! It all depends on what job I will have next. I am now in between job (I lost job last Feb). I have good friends who had 3 motorcycles in his garage and it is Harley, Vstar, and Goldwing. Tried em all, Yamaha is awesome so is Goldwing when it comes to chilly weather as goldwing kept me warm!!! Real nice.

C.C.Sinned said:
What type of Bike do you plan on getting in the future? A V-Star or a HD??? :smoking:

my sis in law wants to buy harley. but she need to get custom made because she is short! I respect people on bikes, my hubby wants one. ACKK.

There is a local guy around here has a orange colored bike made by american chopper. Looks nice!

downing said:
my sis in law wants to buy harley. but she need to get custom made because she is short!
That's something I wondered about also. Like, how short is too short for a non-modified bike? I am 5'3"; how tall is you SIL?

downing said:
LOL, she is about 4'8" to 4'9", she is that short!!

I am only 5'3".
Oooh, she is short! :)

You are the same height as me. Have you tried to ride a motorcycle yourself? I tried once but I couldn't even get started because I couldn't hold it up, even on my tippy toes.

Wow that is short. She has several options anyway. Matt Hotch at Hot Match customs builds small bikes. I saw one in Hot Bike. Any builder can make one. Has She considered trying a small limey? I mean a old Triumph or BSA. Like a Triumph Tiger.

Old Honda Rebels are tiny.

What is she interested in? I would recommend a striped down bare bones bobber. She will need the bike as light as possible.
Downing I'll PM you...

This afternoon, I will be gone for motorcycle shopping plus modeling interview. C.C.Sinned or any bikers, I rather to get the european or japanese motorcycles, which brands do you suggest for me to look and buy? Ducati is out because I really want to have an extra seat for Nas to ride with me to different places, she'll love it. Any suggestions or ideas (prefer two seats or special 'seat' that can hold two persons)? I can ride on any motorcycle from 50cc up to 1,200+cc types.

Magatsu said:
This afternoon, I will be gone for motorcycle shopping plus modeling interview. C.C.Sinned or any bikers, I rather to get the european or japanese motorcycles, which brands do you suggest for me to look and buy? Ducati is out because I really want to have an extra seat for Nas to ride with me to different places, she'll love it. Any suggestions or ideas (prefer two seats or special 'seat' that can hold two persons)? I can ride on any motorcycle from 50cc up to 1,200+cc types.
I PMed you

More pix from Heritage show:

Typical biker

Attachments

• DOG1.jpg
    DOG1.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 4
  • dog2.jpg
    dog2.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 3
  • dog3.jpg
    dog3.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 4
Some excellent stories (and photos...thanks Reba!)

I've spent a lot of my life on bikes and have some interesting stories. Probably one of the funniest is back when I was 17 or so. There was some new buildings that were under construction. It was a 3 story industrial park. The front of the building had only one story at ground level. The ground on the back side of the building was lower and that is where the bottom floor was at ground level.

From the outside, it looked like your typical shopping center...on the inside it was more like an open warehouse with a divider wall about every 3 or so of the future stores.

We used to take our bikes inside of these buildings and ride them around. It was loud as hell and there was a lot of dust on the concrete floor so it made it slippery. Spinning tires was easy, as well as doing doughnuts, etc.

One night, we had some girls with us and were out cruizing around and decided to go to the buildings. We were inside having a blast until we saw a spotlight shining in the front door, obviously from a police car. Unfortunately, he was blocking the only exit so we were screwed....until I saw the door that led to the lower levels....it was the only way out.

You haven't lived until you try to take your motorcycle down a stairwell in a building. I was barely able to get my bike through the doorway and it took some twisting and maneuvering to get it through. I took the bike down the steps....until I got stuck at about somewhere near the middle floor. The cop hadn't made his way into the building yet so there was a little bit of time. I twisted here....picked up here...put the bike on its side there....and eventually was able to get it unstuck. I then had to do the same thing when I reached the doorway on the bottom floor. Fortunately, Bill had a much smaller bike and had no problem going through the doorways (although my bike handled much better riding down the steps ;) )

Eventually I got it out and then tried to find an unlocked door so we could get out. The only door was a weird hatch where one of those large industrial dumpsters would go. It was a couple of feet off the floor. We picked my bike up and maneuvered through this hatch. We then got his bike. The moment we got his bike out, the cop came busting through the door. Good thing for us, his police car was still parked upstairs and he obviously wasn't much of a runner. We took off like a bat out of hell and were long gone by the time he got back to his car.

I remember being scared crapless that the police would come knocking on my door at any minute....I was on edge for weeks. Looking back, however, I don't think he ever got a good look at us or our bikes and probably wouldn't recognize us if we ever bumped into him.

It is funny, however, when somebody asked me about scratches on my bike and telling the story of getting it stuck in a stairway. Unfortunately, neither one of us got a second date out of those girls :(

I've been disabled since birth, so I'm obviously not a biker. However, my Dad rode motorcycles until a back injury forced him off the bike back in the early '80. He owned several bikes, but his favorite was his Triumph.

Oceanbreeze said:
I've been disabled since birth, so I'm obviously not a biker. However, my Dad rode motorcycles until a back injury forced him off the bike back in the early '80. He owned several bikes, but his favorite was his Triumph.

Oceanbreeze, perhaps I shouldn't mention this because I don't know the nature or extent of your disability, but there are plenty of disabled people who ride bikes. I was fascinated by a guy one time at a bike show who had been amputated above the knees on both legs. His bike was custom designed for him.

First, he had a side car for stability. There were also some sort of risers that brought the gear shift on the left up to a device that strapped onto his leg. The brake on the right foot had something similar.

The biggest issue would probably be budget since it is not cheap to modify bikes like that....

Here is a Quick Link to show some more disabled riders.

DSBMary.jpg

I put many, many miles on my old Harley-Davidson XLS 1000, from Mexico to the Yukon, from Pacific to Atlantic. In 1996, I reached the point where I couldn't ride it so I took it to Lehman Trikes. I had a hell of a time unlearning countersteering. When the trike finally got too old, I bought a new FXDX trike and have put 3,000 miles on it so far. I have two vehicles: one trike for summer, one old truck for winter.

A friend of mine, Scott Hancock, is a paraplegic due to polio. He drives his wheelchair onto his sidecar and latches the wheelchair in place. A lever on the right side of the sidecar retracts the ramp. All the controls have been moved to handlebars on the sidecar. His wife, Toni, can ride on the motorcycle seat or he can go down the road with nobody on the motorcycle, which draws some stares.

Mary McFarland (photo above)
Clark Fork, ID
AMA Life Member #738654

C.C.Sinned said:
I PMed you
Thanks for these suggestions! There is still much more for me and Nas to look around. I found two motorcyles that I (or we) like and want to buy. I will see how it is by tomorrow and later on (more motorcycle shopping).

Back