Apple won court against Samsung!!

Chevy57

Sherlock Hound
Premium Member
Reaction score
Apple’s big win in U.S. court today against Samsung!!! Jury orders Samsung to pay $1 billion to Apple for patent infringement.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57500159-37/jury-awards-apple-more-than-$1b-finds-samsung-infringed/

Do you know why about it? See info below.

apple_samsung1.jpg

mk-bw708c_samap_ns_20120823232111.jpg

Verdict is in for Apple vs. Samsung U.S.-based trial: largely in Apple’s favor, $1 billion awarded to Apple | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence

everyone is always suing someone for something.

I am using the conquer and its not in the lawsuit. However I do sense a big change is coming. There are many androids out there that are using gingerbread OS and they are stuck with it due to block by manufacturers seeking unification. The jellybean is out and keylime pie is in the works so I either expect the keylime pie to be rewritten so it will comply with the lawsuit unless the appeal is won.

Seriously, Apple needs to stop it with all the "I invented this!" crap and move on.

It's competition that encourages people to improve on technology.

That's one of the reasons why we haven't progressed much technologically in the last decade... because of all these crappy lawsuits and unfair competition.

How do people improve on something? They learn from someone else's something.

Seriously, Apple needs to stop it with all the "I invented this!" crap and move on.

That's one of the reasons why we haven't progressed much technologically in the last decade... because of all these crappy lawsuits and unfair competition.

That's America for you.

Blame on flawed patent/trademark system.

I will not like if my invent being infringed without pay royalties and patent is necessary to protect the innovation, without one, you will not have any latest, modern technologies.

but this is a very good news! everybody needs to stop copying other people. I'm very elated that the court has found Samsung guilty because this means everybody can no longer copy somebody else. this would encourage people to start getting creative and different from their competitor's product.

In other words, Apple is just a big bully... but crying over a lollipop that he dropped and someone else picked up. ;)

No, Samsung is far larger company than Apple so they should know better.

In other words, Apple is just a big bully... but crying over a lollipop that he dropped and someone else picked up. ;)

It probably isn't going to end for awhile, need I point to Job's quote?

"I will spend my last dying breath if I need to, and I will spend every penny of Apple's $40 billion in the bank, to right this wrong. I'm going to destroy Android, because it's a stolen product. I'm willing to go thermonuclear war on this." - Steve Jobs, "Steve Jobs": 2011

Few things angered him more than Android, a mobile OS that he believed was copied from Apple's most creative minds and given for free by Google to manufacturers.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-33617_3-57500246-276/jobs-gets-wish-in-thermonuclear-war-at-least-for-now/

Tech company politics are not too different from political politics, in my opinion. It goes on forever and quibbling over most random things.

So they basically sued them over the Android operating system.....

Why didnt they also sue every other phone company that has phones that run on Android? Hell, why not just sue Google for owning Android? Oh thats right, android has been in the works since 2003 and IOS didnt drop until 2007..........so ummmmm, IOS actually copied Android..............

http___i794photobucketcom_albums_yy223_playwhatgoeson_NPH-HIMYM_BarneyHeadSplode-GIF.gif

Why didnt they also sue every other phone company that has phones that run on Android? Hell, why not just sue Google for owning Android? Oh thats right, android has been in the works since 2003 and IOS didnt drop until 2007..........so ummmmm, IOS actually copied Android..............

http___i794photobucketcom_albums_yy223_playwhatgoeson_NPH-HIMYM_BarneyHeadSplode-GIF.gif

Android? You funny.

Samsung copied Apple to make more look like iPhone with Android OS, even Samsung didn't pay any royalties to Apple to use patented feature. It is apple to orange when you are going compare Android with iOS. Apple has work on iPhone project since 2004 and there was no name "iOS" until 2010 but used to be OS X on phone or iPhone OS. Apple has a lot of patented features that exclusive to iOS and they do have a lot of innovation.

Previously, Android looks like free source version of Windows Mobile or computer style OS, prior to phone companies to make Android to be based on heavily touch inferlace. Android isn't release to market until 2008 with first T-Mobile G1 and they don't have virtual keyboard (onscreen) until late via firmware update. The original iPhone came out about 1 year earlier from G1. Apple owns operating system AND hardware since Google owns operating system, just like Microsoft but Google did outsourced to make own phone, especially Samsung.

iOS is uniformed OS with all drivers that developed and supported by Apple on same model so they are exlusive to iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, etc but Android is available to all phones and phone companies may use preferred features to Google feature, especially virtual keyboard, UI, lockscreen, unique features. I don't think Google uses any Apple patented features on stock Android but Samsung decided to make additional features that use patented features without pay royalties.

no. just the creativity itself.

gotta look at the big picture. It's better for Apple to focus on biggest fish since Samsung is the biggest and strongest player in Android market. now that Samsung lost the case against Apple.... it's a very powerful ripple effect for Android manufacturers... a stern warning that they should come up with their own ideas instead of copying Apple way.

To explain what this lawsuit was over, it was basically about a few things. One aspect was the physical likeness between the original iPhone 4 model and some GalaxyS1/S2/other models - face it, we all know how some of them looks a lot like an iPhone imitation, but the question is how big of a deal it is to everyone, so we all have different opinions about it.

Basically, the majority of the lawsuit was based on the TouchWiz launcher interface.

- TouchWiz app drawer icons are "rounded", just like the iOS' interface
- 'Bouncing' effect at the end of a scroll.
- Double tapping a document or photo, etc to zoom in and out.
- Pinch-zooming, like in Gallery and enlarging a photo.
- Default placement of homescreen/drawer apps.

That's about it. It doesn't have to do with stock AOSP whatsoever, because these things are not in it to my knowledge.

It's a bunch of nonsense (to me) because a lot of non-stock launchers have coded these features since 1-2 years ago in GB, Cyanogen, etc.

To explain what this lawsuit was over, it was basically about a few things. One aspect was the physical likeness between the original iPhone 4 model and some GalaxyS1/S2/other models - face it, we all know how some of them looks a lot like an iPhone imitation, but the question is how big of a deal it is to everyone, so we all have different opinions about it.

Basically, the majority of the lawsuit was based on the TouchWiz launcher interface.

- TouchWiz app drawer icons are "rounded", just like the iOS' interface
- 'Bouncing' effect at the end of a scroll.
- Double tapping a document or photo, etc to zoom in and out.
- Pinch-zooming, like in Gallery and enlarging a photo.
- Default placement of homescreen/drawer apps.

That's about it. It doesn't have to do with stock AOSP whatsoever, because these things are not in it to my knowledge.

It's a bunch of nonsense (to me) because a lot of non-stock launchers have coded these features since 1-2 years ago in GB, Cyanogen, etc.

Yup, I used stock ICS Android and it is very different when come with compare between iOS 5 and ICS.

Back