Apple: made in China, untaxed profits kept offshore

That's my Billy Joel version. :) Your mind is already made up so I won't waste my time. We disagree.

Actually, I really have no idea why conservatives hate Carter so much. I don't know a whole lot about his presidency other than Panama and Iran. Seems like everyone who hates Carter always cites his foreign policy, but I think those matters are miniscule compared to domestic policy. So that's why I'm asking you to please explain why you detest Carter so much. I'm not reading with the intent to agree or disagree. I simply want to understand the conservative viewpoint here. But if you just want to beat the drum and use Carter as a whipping boy (which has become awfully fashionable lately) without explaining anything behind the dislike, you go right ahead.

I don't hate Carter, and I've never hated any former Presidents.

However, I couldn't wait for him to be voted out of office. For a businessman, he seemed to mismanage every crisis that happened. For a former military officer, he didn't do any favors for the military. For a former governor, he didn't seem to know how to govern. I didn't vote for him in the first place but even those who did vote for him the first time were too disappointed in him to support him for a second term.

As a former President, he continues his, ahem, "legacy," by criticizing other Presidents and America.

He even affected the national morale. During his presidency, the whole nation felt depressed and down. Who needs that?

However, I couldn't wait for him to be voted out of office. For a businessman, he seemed to mismanage every crisis that happened. For a former military officer, he didn't do any favors for the military. For a former governor, he didn't seem to know how to govern. I didn't vote for him in the first place but even those who did vote for him the first time were too disappointed in him to support him for a second term.

As a former President, he continues his, ahem, "legacy," by criticizing other Presidents and America.

He even affected the national morale. During his presidency, the whole nation felt depressed and down. Who needs that?

Good, call hate is being strong word.

My most dislike president ever in the history is George W. Bush and he is absolutely no better than his father - George H.W. Bush. GWB is very closer to be one term president like his father did but managed to won the second term by narrow margin in Ohio and approval rating was less than 50% during 2004 presidential election. It looks like Obama has better chance to win the second term with plurality percent of approval rating like GWB did in 2004.

I remember about you called GWB as more liberal and I think that he is classical liberalism, just like liberal party in Australia, however with PATRIOT ACT, he cannot be classical liberalism without getting government business into our life.

Amazing that this thread has gone from Apple to a blame game of presidents.
Starting with JFK, America has eroded all aspects of the American life. Instead of each president doing what is best for America, their primary goal was re-election and what was best for their party so that their party would remain in power. Remember JFK's famous quote: "Ask not..."? If he would have only listen to himself! Once the snowball started rolling down a very steep mountain, there was no stopping it. Now people say that each sucessor president inherit a "mess' from the last. I totally agree with this position but when and where and with whom will the insanity stop? For the record, just because Clinton left a surplus we still had a mess to come. Clinton "earned" his surplus on the back of the intelligent agencies (i.e. C.I.A. F.B.I. etc.) but cutting back these agencies allowances/budgets. It is a well known fact that the terrorist sleeper cells were planted and allow to grow during the Clinton years and then came WTC. Bush inherited these terrorist cells from Clinton and then had to spend to prevent anymore damage and death to the American people. So my point would be that a surplus is not to be seen as a credit to Clinton whereas the foundation of American was about to come under attack.

Actually, I really have no idea why conservatives hate Carter so much. I don't know a whole lot about his presidency other than Panama and Iran. Seems like everyone who hates Carter always cites his foreign policy, but I think those matters are miniscule compared to domestic policy. So that's why I'm asking you to please explain why you detest Carter so much. I'm not reading with the intent to agree or disagree. I simply want to understand the conservative viewpoint here. But if you just want to beat the drum and use Carter as a whipping boy (which has become awfully fashionable lately) without explaining anything behind the dislike, you go right ahead.

:cool2:

And I'm right because Obama is doing nothing to stop the snowball from getting bigger. We need a president that will once and for all stop this madness.

And I'm right because Obama is doing nothing to stop the snowball from getting bigger. We need a president that will once and for all stop this madness.

Explain your Post #45. Why are you accusing us for turning this thread into Blame the Prez? Do you understand the meaning of "pot calling the kettle black"?

Like who?

Good Question. I don't see anyone out there on both the Dem. and Rep. parties sides that is capable. This is what the American people get for buying into the two party system and commericalizing the election. It cost a ton of money to be elected and, if a person has some really good postions that would help this country, the message would be lost unless that person had a ton.

Explain your Post #45. Why are you accusing us for turning this thread into Blame the Prez? Do you understand the meaning of "pot calling the kettle black"?

I do but I was limiting my post to Apple/Jobs and Obama. In otherwords, it was not my intention to bring the whole presidency and all the other presidents with all their baggage. That is what others have done. IMO they went off-topic because their post had nothing to do with Apple, which the thread is about.

I do but I was limiting my post to Apple/Jobs and Obama. In otherwords, it was not my intention to bring the whole presidency and all the other presidents with all their baggage. That is what others have done. IMO they went off-topic because their post had nothing to do with Apple, which the thread is about.

oooooohhhh IIIIIIIIII seeeeeee! you get to do Apple-Obama and we can't do Apple-Bush or Apple-Republican Prez. I see... I see...

Huh??? I remember his years as being the most profitable, personally. :giggle:

Here's a twist:

American made ... Chinese owned: Full version

(Fortune) -- About a mile past the Bountiful Blessings Church on the outskirts of Spartanburg, S.C., make a right turn. There, tucked into an industrial court behind a row of sapling cherry trees not much taller than I am, past a company that makes rubber stamps and another that stitches logos onto caps and bags, is a brand-new factory: the state-of-the-art American Yuncheng Gravure Cylinder plant. Due to open any day now, it will make cylinders used to print labels like the ones around plastic soda bottles. But unlike its neighbors in Spartanburg, Yuncheng is a Chinese company. It has come to South Carolina because by Chinese standards, America is darn cheap.

Yes, you read that right. The land Yuncheng purchased in Spartanburg, at $350,000 for 6.5 acres, cost one-fourth the price of land back in Shanghai or Dongguan, a gritty city near Hong Kong where the company already runs three plants. Electricity is cheaper too: Yungcheng pays up to 14¢ per kilowatt-hour in China at peak usage, and just 4¢ in South Carolina. And no brownouts either, a sporadic problem in China. It's true that American workers are much more expensive, of course, and the overall cost of making a widget in China remains lower, and perhaps always will.

But for hundreds of Chinese companies like Yuncheng, the U.S. has become a better, less expensive place to set up shop. It could be the biggest role reversal since, well ... when Nixon went to China. "The gap between manufacturing costs in the U.S. and China is shrinking," explains John Ling, a naturalized American from China who runs the South Carolina Department of Commerce's business recruitment office in Shanghai. Ling recruited Yuncheng to Spartanburg, and others too: Chinese companies have invested $280 million and created more than 1,200 jobs in South Carolina alone.

Today some 33 American states, ports, and municipalities have sent representatives like Ling to China to lure jobs once lost to China back to the U.S.: Besides affordable land and reliable power, states and cities are offering tax credits and other incentives to woo Chinese manufacturers. Beijing, meanwhile, which has mandated that Chinese companies globalize by expanding to key markets around the world, is chipping in by offering to finance up to 30% of the initial investment costs, according to Chinese business sources....

American made ... Chinese owned - May. 7, 2010

Another one:

Chinese plastic film maker to open SC plant

By: ASSOCIATED PRESS | SCNow
Published: January 31, 2012
LAURENS, SC --
A Chinese company that makes plastic film often used to package food is building a new plant in Laurens County.
The state Commerce Department said Tuesday that Uniscite Inc. will invest $70 million in the new plant and hire up to 100 workers.
The company hopes to open the plant in the first few months of 2014, with the first workers hired about a year earlier.
Uniscite currently has offices in Greenville.
General Manager Fang Wang says his company chose Laurens County because of its excellent business climate and work force.

Chinese plastic film maker to open SC plant | SCNOW

Back