Apple: made in China, untaxed profits kept offshore

Do you realize that the economy now is due to the actions of the past administrations? President Obama took office at the time of the economical meltdown. A problem like this cannot be fixed overnight. With a country of 300 million Americans, you would be hard-pressed to find an one-size-fit-all solution that would succeed in such a short period of time.

It will takes a good amount of time for the current administration's actions to show some signs of changes in the country.

Amazing that you know this and Obama didn't. Roll the "one term President" clip :giggle:

Actually, it's believed by some that Ronald Reagan's actions contributed to the demise of the American economy. Same with Richard Nixon's actions too as well. Just look up on what Nixon did with the gold standard. Much good it did for the world.

Bill Clinton's administration brought in surplus for the first time in decades, however the dot com bubble burst by the time he left office. They allowed it to expand at such a rapid rate that it all fell apart at once. Only a few survived, for instance, Yahoo, Priceline and more. But again, they did not know what the internet was capable of since it was still relatively new to the public in these days.

Now, regarding Jimmy Carter. Like Obama, he inherited a mess. The oil prices and inflation were already out of control by the time he took office. Not really his fault since the anti-inflation policies were forced upon his administration.

You're blaming all the wrong people for the problems America is facing these days.

FIFY......actually there is too much to fix. Carter innocent?.....hilarious

Look how Ronald Reagan turned America around after those dog days of Jimmy Carter. Look how FDR got us out of the great depression after that lame duck Hoover. If i was president heres what i do

1. Change wall street rules,,,
If anyone commits insider trading will get 35 years in federal prison without parole. And you dont go in club fed nether. You go in the supermax.

2. Eliminate all federal gas taxes,,Create toll boths as you enter State lines. It will cost you $3 to cross a state line. The money will go towards new roads and bridges and highway construction cost. Bad environment has affect on our health.

3. Abolish the EPA. We need oil drilling and pipelines inside of America. That would allow us to get our own oil without getting from Arab nations.

4. Fire federal judges who are not doing their jobs right.

5. Stop trading with China and Japan

6.Cut taxes those making under $100,000. Those are Earning $100,000-$250,000 your taxes wont go up they wont go down nether. If youre earning more than $250,000 you pay 60%

7.Create a forgien Sales tax. If you buy anything that not made in the U.S.A you pay 3% extra forgien Sales tax. Which includes from Clothing,Light Bulbs TVs,Cars and Toys n Games.

8.Create a new Border patrol,,Its now called The national border guard. Those are trained military men from Iraq afgainstan. Any illegal comes over the guard fires a warning shot. If you dont listen to the command theyre ordered to shoot to kill. Just like how China and the North Koreans handle their borders.

9.Try to get Congress and Senate to make a new amendent for Churches to pay taxes just like europeans tax their churches. This will give I.R.S agents to work on sundays. They will be assigned to churches all over the US. When services are over they take 30% from the collection plate just like how I.R.S agents take your money when you win stuff on Game Shows.

10.Get rid of the T.S.A and let State police keep airports safe. For example in Los Angeles international the C.H.P checks baggage and detectors. Instead of the way the T.S.A does things.

Lets see how this economy improves.

Some of your views are too extreme.

I'm against on abolish the EPA and they are necessary to protect the environment in our country. Some regulation under EPA can be overreaction but blame on congress for change the environment laws.

I don't want any oil drilling in our area and some of my families have asthma. The oil spill causes more damage than recover from cleanup. The oil drilling will be safe if it is on empty land like no one live in this area without pose any health problems.

Some of your views are too extreme.

I'm against on abolish the EPA and they are necessary to protect the environment in our country. Some regulation under EPA can be overreaction but blame on congress for change the environment laws.

Just look how Dangerous the Middle east is. Any islamic person would kidnap your children and kill them. Just like what they did to Nick Berg and Danny Pearl. If we all leave the Middle east alone dont buy their oil they cant get money to fund these islamic extremist. You just dont understand the situtation there. George Bush understands it but the Left and the elite mainsteam media doesnt understand it. We need our own oil. You are a liberal is why you wanna give the EPA too much power. Look at oil prices back in WWII. They didnt go up did it? Because the EPA didnt excist back then.

I don't want any oil drilling in our area and some of my families have asthma. The oil spill causes more damage than recover from cleanup. The oil drilling will be safe if it is on empty land like no one live in this area without pose any health problems

Thats why im for eminent domain. It means the Government can offer to buy your land and home to live somewhere else. Why dont you move outta that area and let progress begin? Im all for eminent domain. If you dont want to leave your home then Law Enforcement officers will force you to move,,Just like how they enforce it when Bank takes your home.

Thats why im for eminent domain. It means the Government can offer to buy your land and home to live somewhere else. Why dont you move outta that area and let progress begin? Im all for eminent domain. If you dont want to leave your home then Law Enforcement officers will force you to move,,Just like how they enforce it when Bank takes your home.

Eminent domain is a fancy term for land theft.

Just look how Dangerous the Middle east is. Any islamic person would kidnap your children and kill them. Just like what they did to Nick Berg and Danny Pearl. If we all leave the Middle east alone dont buy their oil they cant get money to fund these islamic extremist. You just dont understand the situtation there. George Bush understands it but the Left and the elite mainsteam media doesnt understand it. We need our own oil. You are a liberal is why you wanna give the EPA too much power. Look at oil prices back in WWII. They didnt go up did it? Because the EPA didnt excist back then.

You are obviously islamophobia and I have no problem with Muslim people. The extremist is made up about much less than 1% of Islam and there are over billions of Muslim population in the world. There are Christian Extremists in around the world and they are bad as Islamist extremist. The political system in Muslim countries are unique and they should not follow our political system if they are too uncomfortable so they have own culture to run the political system.

I'm liberal? :lol: What's poor assumption and environmental regulation has nothing with liberal society, even conservative countries have environmental regulation to protect public health. You are horribly mistake for label me as liberal because favor EPA and you mistakenly blame on EPA because the congress who authorized EPA to follow the laws whatever the congress passed it. The oil price in 1940's is much lower because fewer people use oil so today, we have more populations that need demand on oil. Look at China and India, they are growing too fast and they use more oil now, that how shot the oil price. The oil drilling isn't going to make gas price cheaper because they need expensive resources to bring more oil to meet demands. I favor citizens who live in area should have vote to allow oil companies to drill or not allow at all because citizens feel their area as home after live for many years. I will vote against on all oil drilling, unless they are on empty land in middle of nowhere and have resource availability to clean the mess if oil spill occur.

I'm not favor eminent domain unless any area already declare as unsafe to live like radiation, extremely poor air quality, permanent damage from disaster, etc or any large lands are EMPTY so government could buy it, not in area that where many population are existing. I like our area and they are HOME for us so I don't want any oil drilling that dump our area into ugly and unsafe to live with numerous health problems. The banks do not have rights to take house away, except for not pay mortgage.

Crude Oil and Total Petroleum Imports Top 15 Countries

Regarding the oil prices back during the wartime, the Franklin Roosevelt Administration forced price controls upon all of the prices. The same thing was done during the Korean war.

President Nixon invoked it too as well during his presidency to fight the inflation.

Crude Oil and Total Petroleum Imports Top 15 Countries

Regarding the oil prices back during the wartime, the Franklin Roosevelt Administration forced price controls upon all of the prices. The same thing was done during the Korean war.

President Nixon invoked it too as well during his presidency to fight the inflation.

You said it !!! This Proves Obama wouldnt do the samething FDR did...Obama doesnt care about anybody except but himself. Thats why he doesnt deserve a 2nd term in office. If Newt gets in Oval Office he will roll back Gas prices. Newt is really tough,, Even more tougher then JFK and Reagan combined. Newt doesnt play games,, I Dare the middle east pulls some 9-11 crap again when Newt in that WH and youll see what those arabs would get next. 10 times more explosive then what happened in Hiroshema.

You said it !!! This Proves Obama wouldnt do the samething FDR did...Obama doesnt care about anybody except but himself. Thats why he doesnt deserve a 2nd term in office. If Newt gets in Oval Office he will roll back Gas prices. Newt is really tough,, Even more tougher then JFK and Reagan combined. Newt doesnt play games,, I Dare the middle east pulls some 9-11 crap again when Newt in that WH and youll see what those arabs would get next. 10 times more explosive then what happened in Hiroshema.

That's not true.

You saw how he handled Democrats when Clinton was president. Dealing with an democratic majority is not easy. We need a republican president to make Liberals understand the sitution. If you give in to them they take all the credit for it and it makes you the weaker person. The President must stay strong and Obama is weak he hasnt shown his strength!

You saw how he handled Democrats when Clinton was president. Dealing with an democratic majority is not easy. We need a republican president to make Liberals understand the sitution. If you give in to them they take all the credit for it and it makes you the weaker person. The President must stay strong and Obama is weak he hasnt shown his strength!

What scares me more than your views and opinions, which are completely misinformed and jingoist, is that there is a damn lot of people in this country that think just like you.

BTW, Reagan destroyed America. Yes, DESTROYED. It's just taken 30 years to finally see the full scope of his destructive policies and mentality.

What scares me more than your views and opinions, which are completely misinformed and jingoist, is that there is a damn lot of people in this country that think just like you.

BTW, Reagan destroyed America. Yes, DESTROYED. It's just taken 30 years to finally see the full scope of his destructive policies and mentality.

You misspelled "Carter"

You misspelled "Carter"

You know, I hear Carter mentioned over and over again by conservatives as being the worst president ever (except for Obama, of course). But I have never really seen the reasoning behind this. I know he was "weak" as far as foreign diplomacy goes (good god, he tried to give those Panamanians back their canal and the rights to their sovereign land! What was he thinking!?!? Good thing Reagan came in and bombed the shit out of them, right?)

Would you care to set forth a definitive rationale for why Carter was such a horrible president? It would help me to understand the conservative viewpoint on him a lot. Thanks.

You know, I hear Carter mentioned over and over again by conservatives as being the worst president ever (except for Obama, of course). But I have never really seen the reasoning behind this. I know he was "weak" as far as foreign diplomacy goes (good god, he tried to give those Panamanians back their canal and the rights to their sovereign land! What was he thinking!?!? Good thing Reagan came in and bombed the shit out of them, right?)

Would you care to set forth a definitive rationale for why Carter was such a horrible president? It would help me to understand the conservative viewpoint on him a lot. Thanks.

Panama
Shah
South Korea
Wheat embargo
Windfall Profit Tax
Community Reinvestment Act
Depository Institutions Deregulation and Monetary Control Act
1980 Olympics
Hostages
21% Interest Rates
12% Inflation Rate

Yada Yada yada

Panama
Shah
South Korea
Wheat embargo
Windfall Profit Tax
Community Reinvestment Act
Depository Institutions Deregulation and Monetary Control Act
1980 Olympics
Hostages
21% Interest Rates
12% Inflation Rate

Yada Yada yada

That doesn't help me at all. Please elaborate.

Some people are quick to a copout, aren't they? :roll:

Back