Apple CEO, Steve Jobs resigns!

Chevy57

Sherlock Hound
Premium Member
Reaction score
Breaking: Steve Jobs has announced his retirement as Apple CEO, unfortunately :(

To the Apple Board of Directors and the Apple Community:

I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple’s CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come.

I hereby resign as CEO of Apple. I would like to serve, if the Board sees fit, as Chairman of the Board, director and Apple employee.

As far as my successor goes, I strongly recommend that we execute our succession plan and name Tim Cook as CEO of Apple.

I believe Apple’s brightest and most innovative days are ahead of it. And I look forward to watching and contributing to its success in a new role.

I have made some of the best friends of my life at Apple, and I thank you all for the many years of being able to work alongside you.

Steve

Letter from Steve Jobs | Business Wire

Apple’s Steve Jobs has resigned from his position as CEO and Apple has just announced that COO Tim Cook has taken over as CEO.

Last edited:
wow that is retirement back up on something apple person techincal!

That truly sucks. I love Steve Jobs... he's da man and I love Apple.

I had remembered him in many years when I bought Mac Plus computer at first time. I hope his health is not failing him.

Jobs will stay on as Apple's chairman like Bill Gates of MS chairman. Tim Cook become new CEO now.

Wirelessly posted

Pretty big stuff, I have a few AAPL shares and watching it drop 5% in afterhours trading is spooky.

He'll be missed for sure, but with a decline in health it was only a matter of time.

Last edited:
Hmm, I wonder how this bodes for the future product lineups and if they deviate from Steve's ideas.

He'll still be a chairman though. Don't fear, he hand-picked all of the best people to work on his team. So whatever happens, Apple will be left in good hands.

Have faith in Jobs. He has done a lot for the company.

Wirelessly posted

authentic said:
Ok.

I did not expect him to survive and run Apple for 300 years.

You didn't?
I expected cyborg-Steve, Jobs' bionic clone/successor, to run the show until 2320 for sure!

Wirelessly posted

You didn't?
I expected cyborg-Steve, Jobs' bionic clone/successor, to run the show until 2320 for sure!
but wait, would you get to see the real cyborg? Would you live it to see it?
on other words, on Jobs's resignation. This has been expected, but he has been a great CEO to Apple company providing the best smartphone ever... seen.

Wirelessly posted

You didn't?

7.jpg

Bicentennial Man :hmm:

Back