Apple announces new iPhone 5 at live event!

It will be while to jailbroken the iPhone 5.

Sprint doesn't have a lot of LTE and they only have congested 3G that won't good for FaceTime.

I agree. I am sure cydia team is working on it and tweak the codes. :D

I thought verizon has alot of LTE towers???

Yes, they do but they have terrible transition between 3G and LTE. I means when you get out of LTE so it will took long time to change to 3G.

In some area with LTE, you will stuck with 3G for some reason, even your phone support LTE. That's issue and Verizon has to fix, but I don't know they did, so this issue still persist.

Also, the speed average on LTE for Verizon is slower than at&t, however Sprint is most fastest ever.

Yes, they do but they have terrible transition between 3G and LTE. I means when you get out of LTE so it will took long time to change to 3G.

In some area with LTE, you will stuck with 3G for some reason, even your phone support LTE. That's issue and Verizon has to fix, but I don't know they did, so this issue still persist.

Also, the speed average on LTE for Verizon is slower than at&t, however Sprint is most fastest ever.

Really? Sprint has more wimax than LTE according to sprint coverage map. I know sprint is working on expanding LTE towers, abandoning wimax soon.

I rather someone will post testing of three iphones 5 on youtube. I have a feeling someone will soon.

I don't worry about AT&T FaceTime over cellular policy. I will get it from Cydia (Jailbreak) I will keep my grandfathered data plan when pre-order it in few weeks or tomorrow. AT&T wireless network is excellent in my area.

Really? Sprint has more wimax than LTE according to sprint coverage map. I know sprint is working on expanding LTE towers, abandoning wimax soon.

Yes, Sprint do have more WiMax but it is pointless for iPhone 5 because they won't support it. They stopped to expand the WiMax by switching to LTE now. The LTE speed on Sprint is fastest - see Evo Dragon's post about testing.

The LTE speed on at&t is depending on area, some of them could get 20 mbps, 25 mbps, 30 mbps, 40 mbps, 50 mbps, or faster. Verizon is usually 5 mbps to 15 mbps, but much slower than that if their network is congested.

att-4g-lte-markets-2012-list.jpg
Just max and don't mean everyone will get over 50mbps everyday and depend where location you live.

AT&T 4G LTE Now Live in Waco, Fayetteville, Springdale, Rogers and Bentonville

I read it said AT&T 4G LTE had download 56.07 mbps speed over Verizon had downalod 49.22 mbps speed. lol

Who care about download? I'm more concern on upload which is important for me to meet thru Social Network apps: Twitter, Foursquare.

Verizon is fastest on overall

So, I'm going to get iPhone 5 from Verizon

Thanks for share a link with us.

Sprint LTE is missing.

For Verizon, you will have deal with network congestion if they haven't fix by expand the bandwidth, DFW is very biggest metro and I expect that will be any congestion, also I believe it will be a lot of worse after iPhone 5 releases. It is possible for you to get a good speed in quiet suburb but very congested in downtown.

I'm not impressed with Verizon LTE in Birmingham market because they are slower than other metro.

The list of LTE seems not matter to me because they usually deploy LTE in medium and small cities that more slower than LTE typical speed. AT&T deployed LTE with faster speed that took while.

Not forget to mention about Verizon has bad transition from LTE to 3G when you are out of LTE coverage, in some case, you won't get LTE when you are LTE coverage. That what many customers have issue.

Wow, at&t LTE looks no good.
AT&T

That left me with difficult to make a decision.

Back