Anyone watching the winter olympics?

Latvia, Hungary and many Eastern European states have legalised gay marriage.... In the US it stills remains illegal and in many states gay/lesbian couples face being turned out of hotels for wanting to share a bedroom.

You execute people, you detain people without trial, you fly people to countries where torture is legal so that you can supervise as they are tortured by locals. You refuse to give up war criminals to the Hague, you carry out illegal economic embargoes for 50+ years against neighbouring countries and you back coups in countries where the leaders are not to your liking.

The US should not be allowed the Olympics again until it cleans up its act.

Gay marriage is illegal in Russia, Belarus, Poland, Romania, Switzerland, Georgia, Ukraine, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and several other countries.
LGBT rights by country or territory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You are incorrect about Latvia - gay marriage is still illegal.
LGBT rights in Latvia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You are incorrect about US - you didn't read my links - it is legal in 17 states + DC, also federal government recognized gay marriage as legal.

Most American hotels welcome LGBT people.

Is it a legal requirement though to allow gay and lesbian couples in US hotels or do hotel owners reserve the right to discriminate? In most western European countries hotel owners are rightfully sued when they refuse gay guests.

America hates gays and lesbians. Europe welcomes them all. Come party in London, Berlin and Paris.

It is depends on states - some states outlaw discrimination based on sexual orientation. Nearly all chain hotels support LGBT rights and they welcome LGBT people.

Largest organization for LGBT Americans - HRC.
Human Rights Campaign

Last paragraph, that's not true and your statement proved that you haven't visit US or you chose to be ignorant. Most Americans support gay people - I already saw in my own eye and I live in US.

Blah, I rather to live in North America, especially US and Canada. Europe is so boring. :zzz:

I get that same feeling around USAnians. Just something about them makes me feel like I have an itch that needs scratching. How many days now until team USA get their arses kicked in the ice hockey?
If we make you so uncomfortable why do you hang out in this mostly American forum? Are you a masochist?

Well I would use the spelling of Americans with the three k's but I suspect using that too often here would result in a banning.
That nonsense went out in the '70's--where have you been?

No, that wouldn't get you banned because here in the USA we have freedom of speech.

Am I to presume you are just hoping for banning so you can smugly say to your fellow Euro's, "See? Those USAnians are so intolerant!"

That nonsense went out in the '70's--where have you been?

No, that wouldn't get you banned because here in the USA we have freedom of speech.

Am I to presume you are just hoping for banning so you can smugly say to your fellow Euro's, "See? Those USAnians are so intolerant!"

There are KKK and neo-Nazi in European countries, even it is bad in Russia. :ugh:

I'm watching the games despite my dislike of Russia's anti-gay law. These athlete's train hard for this moment and I am excited and happy for them. I have family members who have some of the same oppressive views that are evident in Russia. I don't boycott my family members. I do limit my interaction though, lol. I respect those who don't want to watch. It is your right to do so and it is not without merit. I choose to watch, because if I was an athlete I wouldn't allow the ignorance of others to stop me from pursuing my dream. GO TEAM USA!! I hope we get more medals than Russia, LOL!

BTW... I really enjoyed the team ice skating event. I hope they keep it.
I agree with your attitude.

It reminds of the time that Nazi Germany hosted the Olympics. We knew they had their philosophy of the superior white Aryan race. Instead of avoiding that we confronted it head on and proved how wrong they were, thanks to Jesse Owens, among others.

Our athletes need to prove themselves as individuals representing the USA and not let the host country's attitudes intimidate them.

I agree with your attitude.

It reminds of the time that Nazi Germany hosted the Olympics. We knew they had their philosophy of the superior white Aryan race. Instead of avoiding that we confronted it head on and proved how wrong they were, thanks to Jesse Owens, among others.

Our athletes need to prove themselves as individuals representing the USA and not let the host country's attitudes intimidate them.

In bold, oh wow, your statement persuaded me that I should watch Olympics and show my support to USA team.

I will think about it. :ty:

...I would boycott any future US Olympics because of poor human rights in that backward pariah state.
You won't be missed. Besides, knowing your feelings about the USA, I doubt that you would visit here anyway, Olympics or no. Therefor, your declaration of boycott is meaningless. :lol:

If Americans are so awful, why do you bother to post with us?

He knows. He does it on purpose. Quite juvenile.

Maybe we should just not response to his comments anymore , he obviously joined this forum for only one reason and that is to crash USA. If he did on some forums in other countries like China or Russia he would had been ban right from the start.

Is it a legal requirement though to allow gay and lesbian couples in US hotels or do hotel owners reserve the right to discriminate? In most western European countries hotel owners are rightfully sued when they refuse gay guests.

America hates gays and lesbians. Europe welcomes them all. Come party in London, Berlin and Paris.
I've stayed in plenty of American hotels/motels in my lifetime, all over the country, and not once did anyone at the registration desk ask if I were straight or gay, so how would they either allow or disallow me based on sexual preference? I've never heard of such a thing.

I think about want invent a new name = EUnian (singular) and EUnians (plural)

I've stayed in plenty of American hotels/motels in my lifetime, all over the country, and not once did anyone at the registration desk ask if I were straight or gay, so how would they either allow or disallow me based on sexual preference? I've never heard of such a thing.

Same here.

Maybe we should just not response to his comments anymore , he obviously joined this forum for only one reason and that is to crash USA. If he did on some forums in other countries like China or Russia he would had been ban right from the start.
Good points. I wonder what he gets out of attempting to trash us? Usually people who do such things do it out of some personal inadequacy that they try to compensate for. However, most people outgrow that behavior after high school.

Latvia, Hungary and many Eastern European states have legalised gay marriage.... In the US it stills remains illegal and in many states gay/lesbian couples face being turned out of hotels for wanting to share a bedroom.

You execute people, you detain people without trial, you fly people to countries where torture is legal so that you can supervise as they are tortured by locals. You refuse to give up war criminals to the Hague, you carry out illegal economic embargoes for 50+ years against neighbouring countries and you back coups in countries where the leaders are not to your liking.

Hello! Look where the Olympic is being held , Russia is very antigay . Go away if you hate it here so much .

Good points. I wonder what he gets out of attempting to trash us? Usually people who do such things do it out of some personal inadequacy that they try to compensate for. However, most people outgrow that behavior after high school.

Yeah , I am being to think the guy has some friends over his house they're bored . When I was younger kids made prank phone calls kids today have all kind new ways to do this. I wonder if the guy parents know what he is going??

You should not be allowed on this forum until YOU clean up your act!

Back