Anyone watching the winter olympics?

I watched the Opening Ceromonies...it was awesome.

I think the sweaters are kinda cute. Like iconic 80s. lol

NBC will know via rating.

It wasn't first time for me to not watch Olympics - I didn't watch Summer Olympics in 2008 because didn't want show my support to Chinese government over oppression on freedom of speech.

I will definitely watch Summer Olympics in 2016 - Rio, Brazil and hopefully their show is live.

World Report 2013: Brazil | Human Rights Watch

It agree, and NBC has gotten ALOT of flack over their coverage

Matt Lauer made a rude remark on opening night . Then he said " I guess I will not be making any friends in Russia." I only watch it on channel 7 and I am not happy with that .
Why is channel 7 the only station out the 3 stations 4,5 & 7 airing this??

the opening was pretty creative. USA has the largest team in there. their clothes are abysmal. It's sad that Indian team cannot fly its flag because IOC has suspended India for bribery and corruption so the team flew under "International Olympic" flag or something. first time I've seen it.

I thought Russia had the largest team I heard they had 200 plus and we had 35 . I am part Russian my dad and his father side where born there . And grandmother on my mom side was from Russia . I love seeing what their country looks like.

I thought Russia had the largest team I heard they had 200 plus and we had 35 . I am part Russian my dad and his father side where born there . And grandmother on my mom side was from Russia . I love seeing what their country looks like.

US has 230.
United States at the 2014 Winter Olympics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Russia has 226.
Russia at the 2014 Winter Olympics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Canada has 220.
Canada at the 2014 Winter Olympics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Matt Lauer made a rude remark on opening night . Then he said " I guess I will not be making any friends in Russia." I only watch it on channel 7 and I am not happy with that .
Why is channel 7 the only station out the 3 stations 4,5 & 7 airing this??
The channel numbers aren't important; they don't mean the same thing on different carriers (Time Warner, Comcast, Direct TV, over-the-air, etc.). What's important is which network it represents. NBC paid for exclusive coverage rights. That's why you can see the Olympics on only NBC channels. The others are allowed only brief summary coverage.

We watch to support our teams. First gold medal for USA in snowboarding. Glad they added this sport to the olympics.

I missed opening ceremonies, how did it compare to London????
It's hard to compare one to the other since they are unique.

This sweaters were awful but must be made in USA. Some Congressmen were very angry about all summer olympics 2012 US team wear which made in China.
The wool in the sweaters was from sheep on an American ranch. Every step of production was American.

the opening was pretty creative. USA has the largest team in there. their clothes are abysmal. It's sad that Indian team cannot fly its flag because IOC has suspended India for bribery and corruption so the team flew under "International Olympic" flag or something. first time I've seen it.
More info on India and the flag:

Olympics: Why didn

Jesus. You USAnians are such an insular people. Who gives a "****" if it was made in China or the US? You will still be running a negative trade balance.

Why are you making outrageous statement that insult Americans? Majority of AD members live in US.

For Olympics, it is very highly respectable to have clothing made in US and show the support for our country.

Jesus. You USAnians are such an insular people. Who gives a "****" if it was made in China or the US? You will still be running a negative trade balance.

Who gives a **** what you think.

You don't make any sense. Your other post in which you said: "I need to escape my totalitarian and oppressive government and wish that some kind US lady would take me in. Life in Europe is hard."

And yet you thrash US in every chance you get.

You Europeans are so silly! You actually believe anyone cares about your opinion. :lol:

I enjoyed the Russian opening ceremonies very much. The special effects were cool. I enjoyed the musical classics. Of course, they included a lot of ballet, which is expected and a pleasure to watch. Most of the music was Russian except oddly the opening number of the dream sequence using Strangers in Paradise theme song. The Russian history theme was interesting even if it was a fairytale version. The program didn't drag on like some of them do.

All the athletes uniforms were interesting to see in their variety.

Overall, I enjoyed it. :)

The channel numbers aren't important; they don't mean the same thing on different carriers (Time Warner, Comcast, Direct TV, over-the-air, etc.). What's important is which network it represents. NBC paid for exclusive coverage rights. That's why you can see the Olympics on only NBC channels. The others are allowed only brief summary coverage.

I can't stand Matt Lauer and Merdith Vieira and I got tried of listening to them talking the whole time.

I can't stand Matt Lauer and Merdith Vieira and I got tried of listening to them talking the whole time.
I tried to ignore their babble. I wish they would just let the program play so I could listen to the music.

What the Hell are you're talking about . This nothing to do with another country culture this is about American pride and there is nothing wrong with wanting to our team wear clothes made in USA! And using Jesus as a swear is very offensive to some people. You need to learn how to show some respect round here.

Back