anyone use PalmOne Treo650?

bmagee said:
Yes, that would work. I forgot about that method of using relays. Where is that thread so I could try it on my TREO?

Bem

simple to setup

hostname/ip: wireless.ip-relay.com
port: 2510

I use terminal for my nokia under http://www.idokorro.com/. Program cost me 45 bucks.

For treo, it's very expensive. eek. good luck.

i'm been consider to purchase Treo 650, i'm look for expanding range than Tmobile. But, I don't know if any of you aware to buy an antanne for ur car or ur home. for ur celluphone or pagers to more opening range. Which i haven't try that yet. Beside I own SK2. I'm sure everbody wants our celluphones or pdas have roaming/range all the time than no service. I'm consider becuz of emergency as needed.

SherryCherish said:
i'm been consider to purchase Treo 650, i'm look for expanding range than Tmobile. But, I don't know if any of you aware to buy an antanne for ur car or ur home. for ur celluphone or pagers to more opening range. Which i haven't try that yet. Beside I own SK2. I'm sure everbody wants our celluphones or pdas have roaming/range all the time than no service. I'm consider becuz of emergency as needed.
will charge on roaming if you're out-of-state/out-of-major-highway. That only thing you can worry.

Tmobile don't have much roaming, and i did called tmobile yesterday, and they don't have any extended antanne for sidekick II. Oh well, that's life.

Treo DOES have relay without using terminal. Same with Blackberry. It's on the internet using the browser. Just go to www.iptty.net. Here's another little known fact... both have free tty direct calling from same site.

The Treo is the shit... I've had the 180/270/600/ and 650 all on T-Mo. Best damn device i've ever had. My 650 run's circles around my gf's SK2. I can do IM, push email with Chatter (and a fastmail account), IM for free with Toccer, killer speed with EDGE!, bluetooth for syncing and using as a wireless modem! The free mail app in the Treo also does MS email so I can use it for work and play :-D

I also use TCPMP to play ripped DVD's on my 1gig SD card.

Timmay

I have both Blackberry and Treo 650. I am more attached to my Treo than I am to my blackberry. I use my Treo for IM, Web, Calendar, IM, and etc. As for Blackberry I was using it for emails and IM - but until IM got cut by AOL. SO the developers had to redevelop it. But i find a better range with my Treo than I do with my blackberry. My blackberry has a better keyboard than my Treo. But overall I like the functionality of my Treo over my Blackberry.

Well by now, I've obviously decided to go with the Sidekick II. The Treo looks like a great device, but for the extra money, I'm not sure. The Sidekick serves me perfectly. Plus I've heard of the Treos being plagued with malfunctions. So much in fact, that users have filed a major lawsuit.

What lawsuits?? I have been using my Treo for over 4 months and love it... We use it for all the physicians at my work and they use it for their emails as well as everything else.

But as I indicated you have to go with ur own preference. SK's in my opinion is nice.. but their RANGE sucks! My mother and stepfather has SKII and the range sucks! So what good is a device if you dont have the range?

The new sidekick 2 is on the way, I ordered one yesterday. It's better because it's easier to type than the Treo's tiny closely spaced keyboard. The old sidekick 1 is damaged so I had to get a new pager with the same account. :) I see an unlocked Treo 650 is $599 which cost much as a basic laptop computer, hard to believe that price!

Considerin' to buy PalmOne Treo650 tomorrow. How many of you have PalmOne Treo650 ?

Will discuss this with a dealer at the store to find out more information .. to be sure, that this is the right one for me and that I will use it alot ( useful ) without problem. :fingersx:

CyberRed said:
Considerin' to buy PalmOne Treo650 tomorrow. How many of you have PalmOne Treo650 ?

Will discuss this with a dealer at the store to find out more information .. to be sure, that this is the right one for me and that I will use it alot ( useful ) without problem. :fingersx:
My husband is a computer geek and knows awful a lot about technology. Anyway, he was talking about Treo the other day and he was so impressed by it. I love what they have in store so, I'm thinking about giving up my SK1 to Treo perhaps this summer.

EyesBlueDeaf said:
Treo 700 is out now http://www.palm.com/us/company/ and supposed to be better than the 650.

Yep, I am aware of Treo700 - but, Treo650 is what I like. It's smartphone, too. FYI, Treo700 don't come out in this town yet. So, I am not goin' to wait for Treo700 to come out. I neeeeed it now. lol

Anyways, I am goin' out the door soon to get Treo650. :dance2:

Just bought my new PalmOne Treo650. It's really NICE ! And, also I like the way it has the skin themes. It also has a TTY to contact, too -
And, now it is my NEW toy ... better than a man's babe over his car. :rofl:
No offense, men ! *laughin'*

As bored I am becoming with my Sidekick and as pre-historic as it seems compared to some of today's available phones, I'm stuck with it until August. T-Mobile better step up their game and impress me with the Sidekick 3.

Yesterday, I went to the mall that sells cell phones and pagers. I looked at the Treo650, and it looks pretty nice. The keyboard is somewhat bit too small. The texts on the screen are too fine or too thin. Does it allow us to change better fonts?

Yep, there's different sizes for fonts. I think it has 3 different sizes to change.
Yeah, the keyboard is somewhat a bit too small. My fingers are very delicated and can type on small keyboard, but I have to trim my fingernails so that way my fingertips can touch the keyboard to type. :lol:
I really enjoy my new toy. :D

Back