Anyone own a gun?

To see the world fastest gunners in action and show how they do it.....One of the videos show Bob Munden, There are anothers.....

PLEASE KEEP SAFETY IN MIND WHEN USING FIREARMS !!!!

I AM NOT ENCOURAGING YOU TO BECOME FAST SHOOTERS, IT JUST SHOWS THESE GUYS GOT THERE AND THEY DO HAVE INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO SHOOT FAST.

IF YOU WANT TO JOIN THE GUN RANGE SKILLS COMPETITION THEN PLEASE SEE A FIREARMS N.R.A. CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR IF YOU WANT TO LEARN THE ART OF FAST DRAWING AND MARKSMANSHIP SKILLS.

AS ALWAYS WHEN HANDLING FIREARMS , TREAT GUNS AS IF THEY ARE LOADED AND PLEASE OBSERVE, PRACTICE GUN SAFETY !!!

http://gunvideo.com/index.php?categ...ip&pid=6533&return=?tpl=index&category_id=85&

http://gunvideo.com/index.php?categ...ip&pid=5949&return=?tpl=index&category_id=85&

http://gunvideo.com/index.php?categ...ip&pid=4990&return=?tpl=index&category_id=85&

Contact the nearest N.R.A. Certified Gun Range Instructor at:
http://www.nrahq.org/education/training/basictraining.asp

Taylor said:
Reba,
Please let me know the results of your 'experiment'. I'd be curious about that type of shot.
I tried it at the range yesterday. It pretty much "sprayed" the whole paper target. It was kind of weird seeing that kind of pattern from a hand gun.

I think it would put a "hurt" on most people but I'm not sure it would stop a really motivated bad guy. You would probably have to follow up with another shot, a regular shot, to knock him down.

It was interesting but I think I'll stick with my good ole "regular" ammo. :)

Reba said:
I tried it at the range yesterday. It pretty much "sprayed" the whole paper target. It was kind of weird seeing that kind of pattern from a hand gun.

I think it would put a "hurt" on most people but I'm not sure it would stop a really motivated bad guy. You would probably have to follow up with another shot, a regular shot, to knock him down.

It was interesting but I think I'll stick with my good ole "regular" ammo. :)

Reba,
So glad that you resurrected this thread, and posted the results of the ammo. A guy I work with said he is familar with it and had similar results as you. In theory, you could (if you wanted to) use the shotshell on the first round, then 'regular' ammo on the rest of the mag. I'm still confident in my shooting with a regular round so I'll stick with those ;)

Taylor said:
Reba,
An officer I work with just received his grandfathers shortnosed .38 5 shot revolver. Interesting little creature there LOL. I had rounds all over the target and was not proud of my shooting at all, but it was fun to shoot.

Don’t feel bad—I have a .38 5-shot snubby with an internal hammer and a 2” barrel. Can’t hit the broad side of a barn with the damn thing. :| I don’t even like shooting it; after 20 minutes my hand hurts so much I have to give it a rest and switch to something gentler.

Levonian, that lil 38 of yourn might not be accurate but I betcha you could hit an intruder walking down your hallway. That's about all it's good for as regards protection.

Taylor said:
This isn't to get into any type of Gun debate (please do not hijack my thread ;) ). Many people own them...some for sport and some for family protection (I fall into the latter). Are there any gun owners here...if so, would you mind sharing what your favorites are?

I dont have any favorites yet..Im planning to save money to buy Glock 19 to learn how to shoot at gun range! :thumb: can't wait! :hyper:

I support Keep and Bear Arms! ;)

MyBlueEyes05 said:
i have a gun .... hehe :giggle:

LOL funny.. haha.. cute! hehe..

does owning several water guns count? LOL.. :P

sadly i dont hve any guns .. i used to own a bb gun thats it!

Tousi said:
Levonian, that lil 38 of yourn might not be accurate but I betcha you could hit an intruder walking down your hallway. That's about all it's good for as regards protection.

Yeah, exactly. But I would never in a million years use it for home defense. I’ll reserve the 12-guage for that. The snubby is for concealed carry only. God forbid that I ever have to use the damn thing, though. The only way it could possibly be used as an effective defensive weapon is to fire all four rounds (I believe firmly in empty chamber carry) point blank, two in his head and two in his chest, and run like Jesse Owens. I mean, I really can’t even count on the hollow points to expand properly—maybe they will, maybe they won’t. And even that is a moot point if I can’t even hit the guy in the first place. Then I’m going to have to explain to the DA’s office and possibly a jury why I ran. :roll: I shudder to even think about it. But the damn thing is completely invisible when it’s tucked down the front of my pants in a clip-on leather holster—which is why I carry it, and why I own it in the first place. Nobody has ever noticed that I’m packing. Granted, I’m not one of those sexually disfunctive dipshits who pack everywhere they go. In fact, I don’t even carry a gun unless I have a bona fide reason to believe that my safety might be in jeopardy. But it’s nice to be secure in the knowledge that I can do so without arousing suspicion.

I have 4 guns, a .22 14 guageside by side 14guage over under and a 20 Guageover under. Im in to hunting(not to ofend anybody) Hoping to get a nice rifle for my birthday.

A 14 guage side by side? 14? Guess I been away too long; hadn't heard about any 14.......

:confused: I never had any trouble with my .38 "snubby"; last week I got nice groupings on my target even though I was going for speed this time instead of the usual careful aiming that I do.

My .38 has a flush hammer, and is very comfortable. It's light-weight titanium; does that make a difference in comfort?

I very rarely "carry". I have a permit but there are few places that I go on a regular basis that I'm allowed to carry, or feel the need to.

Tousi said:
On the contrary., Reba, I've fired a 10 guage a few times out next to the cowyard.....about sat me down as I was 15, I think. I've even seen an 8 guage or two; just never a 14. have you see one?
Ive never fired a 10 guage. Ive fired a 12 guage that Knocked me over and gave me an awful bruise.

Tousi said:
A 14 guage side by side? 14? Guess I been away too long; hadn't heard about any 14.......
Sorry I made a mistake I have a .22, Two 4.10's And a 20 guage. Sorry for any confusion. Any body know how to insert pictures into their threads?

I don't own any guns and I don't believe in guns. I will have a kid in the future so I don't want one in the house. Too dangerous, don't matter what.

Hubby bought this for me recently.

It's a Stoeger Uplander 20-ga. side-by-side "Coach" shotgun with 26" barrels.

My other shot gun is a single shot that always slowed up things during clay shooting. I was always the only person with a single. Hubby thought it was time for me to upgrade. :)

Back