Anyone know about Stutter relative to you?

Pinky

Reaction score
Have you hear about stutter before? My husband is hearing and used to be stutter when he was young kid. He was born hearing and had a hearing tubes when He was 3. He got surgery his ears to clean out of fluid. He can hear again. He lost his stutter. I never hear of anyone do have stutter in your friends or family. I want to know more about stutter. When I met my husband. He wanted to learn sign language to communicate with me because of his nephew is hard of hearing and his stutter. He is doing better with his speak now. He is happy to have me. I guess.

Have you hear about stutter before? My husband is hearing and used to be stutter when he was young kid. He was born hearing and had a hearing tubes when He was 3. He got surgery his ears to clean out of fluid. He can hear again. He lost his stutter. I never hear of anyone do have stutter in your friends or family. I want to know more about stutter. When I met my husband. He wanted to learn sign language to communicate with me because of his nephew is hard of hearing and his stutter. He is doing better with his speak now. He is happy to have me. I guess.

Stuttering is is called "speech dysfluency" and has many causes. It is usually not related to hearing status, but has other neurological or developmental causes.

He wanted to learn sign language to communicate with me because of his nephew is hard of hearing and his stutter. He is doing better with his speak now.
Oh......Is his nephew now fluent in Sign? You have brought up a good point thou. Sign is PERFECT for those many situtions where people can't speak well for a variety of reasons. A lot of the "comprehension" that we hoh folks get with has/CIs, tends to be as a result of people enunciating carefully. Not everyone has a really good "public speaker" voice.

I did have a co-worker with a stutter and have met a few random people with stutters.

I remember reading an article about Nazi experiments where they try to induce stuttering in some children and those children ended up not being able to get rid of it when they got older.

My father has a stutter and he is hearing. He speaks slowly to me so I won't have to struggle to understand his stuttering. I don't think stuttering is at all related to deafness in this family. To my knowledge, he's the only only member of this family who stutters.

Sometimes my mother or me have trouble coming up with the correct word or phrase. Sometimes I have trouble thinking of the right sign and I know that sign too.

My father has a stutter and he is hearing. He speaks slowly to me so I won't have to struggle to understand his stuttering. I don't think stuttering is at all related to deafness in this family. To my knowledge, he's the only only member of this family who stutters.

Sometimes my mother or me have trouble coming up with the correct word or phrase. Sometimes I have trouble thinking of the right sign and I know that sign too.

There have been cases of stroke victims who have developed stutters following their stroke because of word recall difficulties. There are also cases of signers who stutter. All stuttering doesn't follow the same pattern. It is not always the b-b-b-b-b-big pattern, for example. Excessive pauses in speech fluency is also diagnosed as stuttering, or excessive word insertion into one's speech. For example, I had an anthropology prof who had suffered a stroke, and had some word recall problems.About every 10th word, he would insert "you know" while his brain took the time to recall the word he needed. If he got excited about the subject he was talking about, it would get worse. The first couple of classes in a term, it would be very distracting. But his lectures were so interesting ( he had done lots of field work, and his lectures were based on his extensive experience) that soon, I didn't even notice that he was stuttering.

My husband have problem with stutter sometime. He don't have any stroke. It from his genetic family. You know stutter people's speaking is very slow and it's hard to understand and very frustrate. They have a speech therapy. If it's not help. They can get one hearing aid to help their speech get better. But My husband don't have a hearing aid yet. He thought he can't get it because he is hearing. He found it from on tv show 20/20 about lady have problem with stutter. She got a new digital hearing aid to help her speech better.

Stuttering is is called "speech dysfluency" and has many causes. It is usually not related to hearing status, but has other neurological or developmental causes.

Well... His nephew will be my nephew soon anyways. He is 11 years old now. I met him when he was 6 years old. He didn't know the sign language. Nobody tell him about sign language. He was being bad boy and trouble at school. Because the kids made fun of his hearing problem. My husband found it out his neighbor is hoh and teacher. She let him to borrow sign language book. He tried to help his nephew to learn sign language. But he is being shy and stubborn. He didn't want to lose his hearing. He have a pressure in his ear. His left is 100 percent deaf and other right ear is 80 percent deaf. He can speak very well. I am teaching him how to sign language. He is still learning sign language.

Yeah, My husband didn't like to speak in public. He is scare to stutter. He prefer speak in his family and circle friends instead of public.

Oh......Is his nephew now fluent in Sign? You have brought up a good point thou. Sign is PERFECT for those many situtions where people can't speak well for a variety of reasons. A lot of the "comprehension" that we hoh folks get with has/CIs, tends to be as a result of people enunciating carefully. Not everyone has a really good "public speaker" voice.

My husband have problem with stutter sometime. He don't have any stroke. It from his genetic family. You know stutter people's speaking is very slow and it's hard to understand and very frustrate. They have a speech therapy. If it's not help. They can get one hearing aid to help their speech get better. But My husband don't have a hearing aid yet. He thought he can't get it because he is hearing. He found it from on tv show 20/20 about lady have problem with stutter. She got a new digital hearing aid to help her speech better.

Stuttering can run in families. It could be a genetic predisposition, or it could be a behavioral cause, like with modeling. It depends on the type of stuttering.

I know the devise you are talking about. It is a digital devise that creates a delay between what a stutter says, and what they hear themselves say. It tricks the brain, so that the stutter becomes more aware of their stuttering. It works well for some types of dysfluency.

If you want to read about stuttering solution on Video. There is no Closed-Captioned. :( You can look for an information. It made my husband cried once time when he hear what the lady's improve with her speech. Her name is Rebecca.

ABC News: ABC News Search

Even though I have no genetic abnormalities (except being deaf), I have stuttered once or twice in my life. It only happened for one word that I was trying to say. I knew how to say the word, but for some reason... I couldn't say it.

im hearing, with no Deafness in my family and I started stuttering in elementry school, i think it was due to some psychological trauma that occured at that time. I did some very limited speech therapy and have lived a normal life. I stutter on occasion still, and one in awhile people point it out to me, its just part of who i am and what i have to deal with.

It's all a psychological thing for me, i know situations when i tend to stutter, and im able to mentally prepare myself so that my stutter is limited, or not noticeable.

it does affect my interpreting sometimes, so i would like to maybe get more therapy for it, but i dunno where i'd find time or money heh.

You're same as my husband have stutter in his whole life. But he know sign language. He learned it from me. His nephew is hard of hearing.

If you really need to get help with your stutter solution? Maybe you can try to get one hearing aid to help your speech better. That what I watched on tv 20/20. I sent a website scroll down. You can check it out on video. Make sure look at "Stuttering solution" on video. There is no closed-captioned on internet. You will understand what the lady name is Rebecca's detail about her stuttering. How it work out with her new hearing aid. That's very interesting about new technology for stutter. :)

im hearing, with no Deafness in my family and I started stuttering in elementry school, i think it was due to some psychological trauma that occured at that time. I did some very limited speech therapy and have lived a normal life. I stutter on occasion still, and one in awhile people point it out to me, its just part of who i am and what i have to deal with.

It's all a psychological thing for me, i know situations when i tend to stutter, and im able to mentally prepare myself so that my stutter is limited, or not noticeable.

it does affect my interpreting sometimes, so i would like to maybe get more therapy for it, but i dunno where i'd find time or money heh.

Really? I didn't see anyone in my husband's side family have a stutter. They are perfect hearing and can speak very well. But my husband had a stutter?? That's weird.

I want to know for your opinion about me and my husband. I have a several deaf genetic in my family. My husband's side family don't have a deaf expect his nephew. Our nephew's dad's family have deaf genetic. Do you think our future children will be hearing or deaf?? I just curious.

Stuttering can run in families. It could be a genetic predisposition, or it could be a behavioral cause, like with modeling. It depends on the type of stuttering.

I know the devise you are talking about. It is a digital devise that creates a delay between what a stutter says, and what they hear themselves say. It tricks the brain, so that the stutter becomes more aware of their stuttering. It works well for some types of dysfluency.

I had always thought stuttering came from nervousness or a deep-rooted issue with something, usually family -- meaning pyschological. The above posts were interesting to read. I learned something!

I met someone who has a stutter-like, severe unless she learned how to control it at that moment. It happened from a stroke that she experienced. She's only in her 30s.

Wow. I never heard of stroke cause stutter. Did you read my post about my husband used to have a stutter when he was little kid?

I met someone who has a stutter-like, severe unless she learned how to control it at that moment. It happened from a stroke that she experienced. She's only in her 30s.

Are you hoh or hearing?? It's same problem as my husband's experience with stutter. That's why I made my own thread to share with everyone to know about stutter.

I had always thought stuttering came from nervousness or a deep-rooted issue with something, usually family -- meaning pyschological. The above posts were interesting to read. I learned something!

Wow. I never heard of stroke cause stutter. Did you read my post about my husband used to have a stutter when he was little kid?

I read your post about your husband, yes. I am not quite sure if it will pass down to your kids. Stutter occurs for many reasons.

Really? I didn't see anyone in my husband's side family have a stutter. They are perfect hearing and can speak very well. But my husband had a stutter?? That's weird.

I want to know for your opinion about me and my husband. I have a several deaf genetic in my family. My husband's side family don't have a deaf expect his nephew. Our nephew's dad's family have deaf genetic. Do you think our future children will be hearing or deaf?? I just curious.

Well, it is impossible to answer that without doing a genetic profile. It depends on several factors, and even with all the information necessary, all that you could be given would be a probability rate.

Interesting correlation you make between hard of hearing and fluid build up and not speaking well.

I used to stutter myself after I had all my ear surgeries and became hard of hearing, no longer deaf.

Nonetheless, I tend not to worry about that much anymore though as I am pretty much deaf again and use Asl exclusively.

Now as far as passing it down to your kids, I don't think thats possible because he was not born with it and he don't stutter anymore. Since he was not born with it its not inherited and since he don't stutter anymore it wont be a learned behavior.

Back