Anyone here know a sign language NOT ASL?

Is anyone use homehand language?

I have no idea what my sign is. I ve always thought that my sign is not pure ASL but just mixed english and asl. :dunno: I would say, "PSE" but I dont get it with SEE.

My sing language is ASL. I can sign in Maritime Sign Language (MSL) which is somewhat similar to BSL well and I am kind of fluent in AUSLAN and LSQ.

I was told that I am doing PSE. I am having a hard time with ASL grammar. Must be because I wasn't raised with it and can't get totally immersed into it and I still have to be oral with family. Gets harder and harder to be understood lately.

I have no idea what my sign is. I ve always thought that my sign is not pure ASL but just mixed english and asl. :dunno: I would say, "PSE" but I dont get it with SEE.

Oh really, I wish that I could meet you in real life and I can tell you if your sign is completely ASL or not. I do know that some people are 80% ASL and 20% PSE, or 70% ASL and 30% PSE, etc...

I know a few signs in BSL but I don't think I know enough to qualify for this thread.

Oh really, I wish that I could meet you in real life and I can tell you if your sign is completely ASL or not. I do know that some people are 80% ASL and 20% PSE, or 70% ASL and 30% PSE, etc...

Before I entered to gally, I signed like very english but wasn't perfect. Until I entered gally and started to pick up better ASL and more maks sense to me and understand more. I did socialize with kids who have deaf parents who signs ASL that I only learned from them a little by little. But not in my school. My school, most of them are hearing teachers with lousy signers, and I managed to finish it. :ugh: If i had better teachers with better ASL in my earlier childhood then I would have received better education due to understanding what the hell they were talking about. oh well. So that's how I sign mixed with english and asl but i am more comfortable with ASL though.

BSL is my main language. I can only do ASL A-Z. The hardest is trying to read them if someone is doing it cos it all in one hand and some looks quite similar (esp someone doing it fast) so I am not used to that. BSL A-Z got bigger difference and quicker to read. At moment I am slow at it. Lol.

I only know korean sign language and i speak english. I really need to learn ASL and so does my wife. Once i get back to the US i am going to start taking classes for it. what sign language is typically used in the us? It seems most of you use ASL.

Only know ASL here. It would be fun to learn the other sign languages.

Back